ADVERTISEMENT

IU basketball

Kratz

2500+
Nov 18, 2001
Serious Question: What is there left to be excited about and be a rabid fan of IU basketball?

I'm not seeing anything.

If I'm the IU AD, I send Miller and his guys packing so I can make a MAJOR move to get IU back to where it should be in the CBB world.

I hit the donors and open the checkbook and go after someone like Billy Donovan. It's going to take that kind of hire to get them back on the map.

It's all about the right hire. USC football, Nebraska football, IU basketball... get the right coach in there and they can win big.

Reactions: Mayoman
IU-Bloomington needs a Cult of Personality type Coach. Miller doesn’t seem to fit that. Crean wasn’t that type Coach either, he was just creepy & weird. I blame IUB for the whole Katina Powell thing anyway, so the Hoosiers can rot for all I care.

It was bittersweet to see Knight today. Knight got along with Crum & Pitino. Age & time can be cruel, even to the grumpiest of men.

UCLA and IU both had a chance to hire Rick Pitino after he was fired from UofL. Neither did. Both continue to struggle for relevancy.

Knight’s lifelong sociopathic behavior was on full display today, even though guys like him always end up showing their ass to the point that even their most pathetic drooling followers see it. Actually, the droolers don’t ever acknowledge this crap anymore.

Great coach though.

Reactions: Law007
Think maybe he didn't realize Vitale was playing. Knight is not well mentally and it looked like he thought Vitale was attacking him. Sad to see.
No different than if OSU had “brought back” Woody Hayes. “Hey, let’s bring a guy back who was bitter and not in control of his behavior 20 years ago. What could possibly go wrong???”

It’s a cult of personality and graciousness is an unfortunate casualty.

IU-Bloomington needs a Cult of Personality type Coach. Miller doesn’t seem to fit that. Crean wasn’t that type Coach either, he was just creepy & weird. I blame IUB for the whole Katina Powell thing anyway, so the Hoosiers can rot for all I care.

It was bittersweet to see Knight today. Knight got along with Crum & Pitino. Age & time can be cruel, even to the grumpiest of men.
Uh. Knight hated U of L and Crum. I’ll never forget his speech about tearing down the sign on the bridge into Louisville that proclaim our 1980 NC.

Reactions: Law007
Uh. Knight hated U of L and Crum. I’ll never forget his speech about tearing down the sign on the bridge into Louisville that proclaim our 1980 NC.

Knight and Crum have gone on numerous hunting and fishing trips together over the years. Crum also lead the head to head matchups with Knight 5-3. Pitino absolutely dominated him....surprised Knight liked him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT