ADVERTISEMENT

It's probably already been discussed, but the structure of this year's schedule blows.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Two gimmes to start the season, early bye week, some normal home and aways, then away from home for over a month with another bye week tossed in there. Ok, rant over. Looking ahead, I think where we are at with this team is bowl eligibility is the only prize remaining. We need two wins. That could come at BC tomorrow. I'll rephrase that. It absolutely has to come at BC tomorrow, because the wins are going to be extremely hard to find. Forget Clemson. That's an L. At Stanford- ok, they aren't very good, but that's still going to be a challenging road trip. Pitt will be an extremely tough out, as will UK, I don't care what their record is. So, the question is, can the Cards muster two wins to become bowl eligible? Two stinkin' wins is all we need. It sucks this is where things are, but it's reality. The defense is a major liability.

If the Cards don't beat BC, it becomes very doubtful that they'll get 6 wins.
Losing to BC and Clemson, you kinda can see a spiral on the way in all honesty. Winning cures all, losing will cause people to flat out quit. I'm worried about the vibes, because Brohm's teams aren't great after a big game. Boston crowd on a Friday night. Will just be a game we could sleep walk, and BC is a team that can beat us.

If we can't beat BC, who cares if we get bowl eligible? Who wants to watch a 6 and 6 Cards team lose to UNLV or Texas Tech in a bowl game?

However, I don't think it's going to shake out like that. Yes, we will lose to Clemson, probably by 7 points after a replay is overturned, but Pitt and UK are going down. Pitt is way over their heads, getting a lot of fortunate breaks in their games. I think they're going to taste defeat this weekend against Syracuse.

UK sucks and unless the Cards have given up and have only 5 wins, their streak ends against us.

I predict we finish 8 and 4.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT