3. UCLA
4. Ky
5. Kansas
6. Louisville
7. UConn
8. Indiana
9. Villanova
10. Michigan State

It's not trendy, but I no longer base my view of college basketball performance largely on the NCAA tourney. I don't care how popular it is, the tourney is too much of a crapshoot. Tell me the Final Four this year was must-see TV...

Reactions: Louisville JD
It's not trendy, but I no longer base my view of college basketball performance largely on the NCAA tourney. I don't care how popular it is, the tourney is too much of a crapshoot. Tell me the Final Four this year was must-see TV...

Getting a little cynical there man. Tell me anything is MUST SEE TV.! It is really not. Pretty hard to argue that anything is in the grand scheme of things.

My personal opinion, I liked the teams in the FF this year. And I almost believe that C Loyola would have matched up and given Nova a better game...but we will never know. I like rooting for the underdog.....and I like that the BE is still the top Beast in CBB right now.

Hard to dispute with NOVA's 2 out of the last 3 ships. And to think....The Cards have the coach who beat them out of the Regular season BE crown. I think that is right w/o doing the actual research on it. Too tired and it is too late for me to check it out. Getting lazy.

I'd say so.

1. North Carolina
2. Duke
3. UCLA
4. Ky
5. Kansas
6. Louisville
7. UConn
8. Indiana
9. Villanova
10. Michigan State

Even I know the order of this list is BS...Give "The DEVIL" (CanSuckMe), Their Due...They are #1 regardless of our HATE for them!!!

UNCheat is #2...Even with their FAKE Classes!!!

Duke and Kansas are interchangeable at the 3rd and 4th spots...NCAA Resumes are pretty close to each other...Kansas has more overall wins...Duke has more NCAA Titles!!!

UCLA is 5th at best, and 6th at worse...Other than a span from 1963 to 1981, and from 1995 to 2010, UCLA has been average and has ZERO Fan Support, yet, they have more overall wins than both IU and UofL!!!

Indiana is 5th at best with 5 NCAA Titles, but I could see them as low as 7th behind Louisville because the Cards have a Better NCAA Resume Overall in 12 less years as a D1 Level Program, and more wins in 16+ less years as a program overall!!!

Louisville is either 6th or 7th on this list, or ANY list!!!

Connecticut is 8th due to their 4 Titles!!!

Villanova has moved into the 9th spot with their win tonight!!!

Michigan State would be 10th for me as of now!!!

Teams like Notre Dame, St Johns, Syracuse and Temple are Top 10 in Overall Wins and Damn Near ZERO NCAA Accomplishments...Then you have Arizona, Illinois, Texas, Utah and Western Kentucky Top 20 in Overall Wins and Damn Near ZERO NCAA Accomplishments!!!

I guess I'd give Cincinnati and North Carolina State the nod over these other teams for the 11th and 12th spots because they both have 2 NCAA Titles, and their NCAA resumes are pretty respectable!!!

JMPHO!!!

:cool:

Reactions: ThroughBlue
Hell, the women's F4 this year was miles better than the men's. And many people refuse to turn on a women's game...

Reactions: BooneCo_Card

But zipp the tourney is always a crap shoot. Villanova is very, very good and has been for a number of years. And it might be difficult for you to admit but our new coach was very competitive versus Villanova during his stint at Xavier. Maybe, just maybe, Vince did hit a “home run”. Just jabbin’ you a little here. :p:)

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: Mayoman
It is amazing how one game defines a teams entire season or how 12 days can change the entire perception of year.

There is always a coach ahead of the curve when things change. Jay Wright has figured the formula out with the new changes. He got players that can handle, pass and shoot at all 5 spots then he taught them how to play together. Really fun team to watch offensively and defensively.

Florida is the last school to win back to back titles and it didn't make them a top ten program. Decades of success make a program top tier.
I agree with this. A top ten program is more defined by winning consistenty over time. The larger the sample of winning, the higher up on the list you should be.

One of three schools with three National Championships, seven final fours in five different decades, a 65% winning record and 36 NCAA Tournament appearances which is 8th all-time. I'd say they are a top program.

I'd say so.

1. North Carolina
2. Duke
3. UCLA
4. Ky
5. Kansas
6. Louisville
7. UConn
8. Indiana
9. Villanova
10. Michigan State
Not a bad list, but IMO all similar lists depend on an individual's age as a point of reference. We are in agreement on the first seven. I go back a long way and can remember periods of drought in all of them, some of them prolonged. UConn is a prime example. An all-timer if you were born after 1980, but they were nothing before Jim Calhoun and are floundering now.

Villanova comes and goes. I remember very good Nova teams in the 60's and 70's and the NC, but also remember too many years struggling with the likes of Temple, St. Joes and Penn to be the best in Philly. Give me five more years and they will likely be in my top ten. They are worthy of consideration now.

I am of a similar opinion on Indiana. Top ten program, no doubt, but no higher than 7th. Too many droughts in an ideal location. IIRC Purdue holds the advantage over them head to head and Purdue is on no one's radar for top ten.

Michigan State at #8. I go back to Jumping Johnny Green with this bunch. Jud Heathcote and Izzo's teams were always good.

Syracuse is one team I would put in the lower part of my top ten. It will be interesting to see how they fare post Boeheim. A good program before him and always a factor with him. Place them at #9.

Michigan rounds out my top ten. Cazzie, Rudy T, NC, Fab Five and Beilein and not a lot in between.

In the end it is always subjective, whether you value total titles, sustained excellence or fan support the most. NTM what you have seen in your lifetime.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
...Getting a little cynical there man. Tell me anything is MUST SEE TV.! It is really not. Pretty hard to argue that anything is in the grand scheme of things.

My personal opinion, I liked the teams in the FF this year. And I almost believe that C Loyola would have matched up and given Nova a better game...but we will never know. I like rooting for the underdog.....and I like that the BE is still the top Beast in CBB right now.

Hard to dispute with NOVA's 2 out of the last 3 ships. And to think....The Cards have the coach who beat them out of the Regular season BE crown. I think that is right w/o doing the actual research on it. Too tired and it is too late for me to check it out. Getting lazy.
Mayo, did you get a look at the TV numbers from last nite? A lot of people nationally agree with me I guess.

This is one of the worst Final Four set of games in recent memory. The process by which the teams are selected is the problem. People like Cinderellas overachieving on the first weekend, but they want all top seeds on the third...

But zipp the tourney is always a crap shoot. Villanova is very, very good and has been for a number of years. And it might be difficult for you to admit but our new coach was very competitive versus Villanova during his stint at Xavier. Maybe, just maybe, Vince did hit a “home run”. Just jabbin’ you a little here. :p:)

Not true. Xavier message board said Wright owned Xavier. Villanova has won last 10 of 11 and most of them are double digit wins.

Not true. Xavier message board said Wright owned Xavier. Villanova has won last 10 of 11 and most of them are double digit wins.

OK so I was incorrect. I assume that means you want to “rescind” the hiring of Chris Mack. Jeeze, did you read the comments of the Villanova players about actually playing against Xavier and Chris Mack coached teams? If you played Villanova during the past three or four years and did not win then you were a failure, I’m guessing.

Typically you read about historical placing in locations like UK boards and National Boards when Duke/UK fans unite and give each other reach arounds.

I can't be sure where to place Villanova but what we do know is they are a multi-champ recently and they don't figure to go away anytime soon.

Mayo, did you get a look at the TV numbers from last nite? A lot of people nationally agree with me I guess.

This is one of the worst Final Four set of games in recent memory. The process by which the teams are selected is the problem. People like Cinderellas overachieving on the first weekend, but they want all top seeds on the third...

You can't tell when I am agreeing with you can you? I don't watch much TV of any kind anymore.....so my point was that to me there is no such thing as 'Much watch TV'.

I don't take the time to research TV numbers as I don't care what others think about trivial matters....especially about whether the rest of the nation agrees with you or anyone else for that matter. Group think is just not impressive one way or the other to me....fine if it is with you....if it makes you happy more power to ya.

Reactions: zipp
first of all, the tourney didn't have 32 teams until 1975, seeding until 1978, 40 teams until 1979, 48 teams in 1980, and 64 teams in 1985. based on this, anything before 1975 should be considered another era. with that, the 11 multiple title winners are and thus who is the best in order:

duke (6) 91, 92, 2001, 2006, 2010, 2015 - damn they are good, also lost 4 times
north carolina (5) 82, 93, 2005, 2009, 2017 - all should be vacated
kentucky (4) 78, 96, 98, 2012 - more final 4's than uconn so higher
connecticut (4) 99, 2004, 2011, 2014 - will never get to final four again
villanova (3) 85, 2016, 2018 - most dominate 5 year run and most dominant tourney in history gives them edge of three title winners.
louisville (3) 80, 86, 2013 - makes us #6 program
indiana (3) 76, 81, 87 - have done nothing for 20 years
kansas (2) 88, 2008 - toss up between next three.but i''ll go with ku
michigan st (2) 79, 99 - always seem good but never are
florida (2) 2006, 2007 - nothing since donovan left
ucla (2) 1975, 95 - nothing for 20 years

i don't think there's much argument until you talk of vacated 2013 then i still think we are better than iu and better than all two title winners. all other programs not mentioned are wanna be's

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT