ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting site

Thanks for posting I went ahead and subscribed to their newsletter. Louisville looks good in the recruiting process, we recruit players on both sides of the Mississippi and in Canada.

As far as their top-of-page story, what's going on with Duke basketball? Is their coaching that bad?...

Their coach did good when she first got there but she is kind of dwindling out now. I remember when she first got there she got Becca Greenfell out of Kentucky and they had a good team. They beat us pretty good a couple of times and I remember the smug look on Greenwell’s face when they win. I also remember the disappointing look on her face when we dominated the next 2 years.

When Duke WBB had Lexie Brown and Greenwell, they were a team to be feared. I remember how hard the Cardinal staff went after Greenwell when she was a high school senior. And Lexie Brown has done well with the Minnesota Lynx since graduation.

There has been a bit of disgruntlement among Duke WBB fans about Joanne P. McCauley as the head coach there. Despite her .770 win percentage since she got there in 2007, there are a growing majority of Duke fans who point to the relative lack of post-season success since 2013. They haven't won an ACC title since then and haven't got past the Sweet Sixteen in four NCAA appearance since 2013. She's one of 10 women who are head coaches in the ACC, the third-longest tenured among the women coaches at one ACC school behind Sue Semerau and Katie Meier.

Then there is this:

Her tenure at Duke has been marred by investigations over the mistreatment of players and numerous players transferring. Former Duke standout Elizabeth Williams, after graduating, complained of the hostile and negative atmosphere created by McCallie.

I guess the question is, could anyone do any better at Duke than her? Duke went 18-12 last season, 12-6 in conference and received the #3 seed in the ACC Tournament. They were upset by Boston College in the quarterfinals, which revived the chatter that maybe it was time for McCallie to be replaced or step aside,

--sonja--

Since you posted this Sonja I was looking at the recruiting list for the top players and quite a few of them that were being recruited by Duke removed them from their list. If this continues I don’t see how their Head Coach will survive long term.

Since you posted this Sonja I was looking at the recruiting list for the top players and quite a few of them that were being recruited by Duke removed them from their list. If this continues I don’t see how their Head Coach will survive long term.

This from a Duke fan board:

So our illustrious Coach P - as in Pathetic - beats Wake Forest to avoid the shutout and goes 1-for-January, putting DWBB at a lowly 1-7 halfway through the ACC Regular Season.

Will be much more difficult to go 0-for-February. She should be able to match her first half "success" with a win tomorrow over hapless Pitt. Maybe even double up her "success" with a win at UVA? Perhaps triple it when VT visits? And dare we hope for a 4-4 second half of the season with a win at Wake? That seems like an ultra-best-case scenario which, if it plays out ends the Regular Season at 5-12 ACC; 13-15 overall.

Duke eventually fell to Boston College in the quarterfinals of the tournament. They did finish better than this poster predicted and was the fourth seed in the ACC Tournament with a 12-6 mark in conference.

Gorecki, Odom and Lambert are gone, graduated. Their leading returning scorer is Goodchild, who averaged 7.3 points-per-game and started 13 contests.

I'm not one to "flame on" about getting rid of coaches, but, it would appear there are a significant amount of Duke WBB fans who are.

--sonja--

Sonja, the player for Duke named Goodchild is she the one that plays for the Australian national team?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT