ADVERTISEMENT

"In Philadelphia, it's worth 50 bucks."

Beagle11

6000+
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2006
The more I read and think about the situaton we find ourselves after the BIG 10 masterfully manipulates the rest of college football through their selective poaching and carrot dangling to the remaining teams, as you know I have fun thinking of popular movie metaphors to attach to the situation. In this case I go back to the pawn shop scene 1983's Trading Places (young people watch it if you haven't seen it). Like Winthorpe, we can argue that Louisville's athletic program is a Rouchefoucauld watch, but in the current conference realignment market, it's worth 50 bucks.

"This is a Rouchefoucauld. The thinnest water-resistant watch in the world. Singularly unique, sculptured in design, hand-crafted in Switzerland, and water resistant to three atmospheres. This is *the* sports watch of the '80s. Six thousand, nine hundred and fifty five dollars retail! It tells time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome, and Gstaad!"

"In Philadelphia, it's worth 50 bucks."

The No.1 factor in Louisville landing in the SEC or the BOg 10 that Louisville, the magical Tom Jurich, or all of the success on the field can't change is that Louisville lies in a small media market. They only care about eyeballs and market size (see Rutgers, UCLA and Maryland).

• Wow
Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News