ADVERTISEMENT

I'm confused. UNC??

Status
Not open for further replies.

davecmc

Two-Star Poster
Sep 12, 2006
I guess I had based my expectations on that investigation, which seemed to reveal two things:

1. Penalties - whether self-imposed, or handed down from the NCAA - take a lonnnggg time to finalize.

2. UNC has allegedly committed some form of institutional fraud creating "Ghost Classes" for it's student athletes, which resulted in lawsuits from it's own students and they have not self imposed anything. This is an institutional type of violation which cuts to the heart of the NCAA's mission of student athletic oversight. We have obviously confirmed that we had a former player/graduate staffer orchestrate parties with a group of women who stripped and/or had sex with those in attendance for money. UNC's allegations seemed worse and has been under investigation for a longer time and they have no penalties as of yet.

We are dropping the hammer only months later??

Really, I could care less about UNC and what they are going through and how they are handling... but what am I missing in comparison?

While I hate what's going on at UL & I don't think UL should've done this to themselves this year. You're way off base on the UNC stuff.
No classes were created just for student athletes. There was easy classes on campus that athletes found out about & enrolled. The violations that accrued are results from athletic advisors asking for certain athletes being placed in those classes. None of which where men's basketball players.
There's a lot of false information being thrown around thanks to uk, Dook & NC State fans.

Reactions: GreenDuke
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT