ADVERTISEMENT

If you play defense

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
I am watching all these top teams with so called superstars getting beat. Iowa falls at home to unranked KState by 7. Former Louisville player Zyanna Walker was the starting point guard for K State and she looked good. Clarke for Iowa looked awful K State played good defense and a balanced offensive attack. Defense seems to be the key to the majority of these upsets and I hope our players keep improving on that side of the ball.

Reactions: 2330859
I saw a glimpses of how far athletic defensive teams can go last year when watching Miami; this UL team could easily go 10 deep with various rotations, and literally smother some of the offensive juggernauts from scoring. KSU did it to Clarke last night.

Jeff will find out quickly as to just how effective he can be in motivating these ladies into putting aside their individual aspirations, in exchange for the greater goal of winning as a team.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
The Lunch Box Gang. This is tag for this team.
They just pack their lunch and go to work. Blue collar team. No flash and glitz. Just straightforward, hard-working, grind it out basketball. So far it has been fun but not thrilling (if that makes sense) - AND that isn’t bad. Sort of like a massive elephant just plodding through the forest - it just does it’s job and is fun to watch. Whereas cheetah blazing through your view chasing down an impala- everyone goes Ooooo, Ahhhh. Great flash, very exciting - doesn’t guarantee better results. Sorry for the drawn out dissertation LOL. I like this team. This cake is far from baked and when it is - look out.

I agree with the fact that we have a deep roster and the focus should be on a lockdown defense. These top ranked teams and basically all teams don’t do well when they face a really good defensive team. We have enough good players to play a hard nose defense and sub in and out without getting fatigued during the game. I think the absence of a so called super player has effected our ranking. It shouldn’t effect our ability to win games.

I am watching all these top teams with so called superstars getting beat. Iowa falls at home to unranked KState by 7. Former Louisville player Zyanna Walker was the starting point guard for K State and she looked good. Clarke for Iowa looked awful K State played good defense and a balanced offensive attack. Defense seems to be the key to the majority of these upsets and I hope our players keep improving on that side of the ball.
We have the atheletes to be a good defensive team, but we are not good at this time and
have a long way to go. We will lose some games until the defence improves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT