ADVERTISEMENT

If UofL loses, its on Mangok and Adel

KerryRhodes

15000+
Dec 15, 2007
Usually losses are on the Coaches or a team loss.

Tonight , no matter the circumstances, IF the Cards lose.........

Its on the Senior Captain and the starting SF.

Even if Coach Pitino messes up or a player messes up, its

all on Mangok and Adel for the unecesarry distraction.

I still expect maximum effort from the remaining players.

If they all emulate David Levitch, then theres no excuse NOT to win.

No excuses to break curfew. This team is on a mission.

Dont need any foolishness derailing the Train.

Go CARDS !

Usually losses are on the Coaches or a team loss.

Tonight , no matter the circumstances, IF the Cards lose.........

Its on the Senior Captain and the starting SF.

Even if Coach Pitino messes up or a player messes up, its

all on Mangok and Adel for the unecesarry distraction.

I still expect maximum effort from the remaining players.

If they all emulate David Levitch, then theres no excuse NOT to win.

No excuses to break curfew. This team is on a mission.

Dont need any foolishness derailing the Train.

Go CARDS !
For some reason, i believe we play better without them.

What this shows is that Mangok and Deng were not thinking about beating Virginia and keeping the momentum going that got us to #4 in the country. You would think that they would be chomping at the bit to show Virginia, our nemesis, that this time things are different. Both Mathiang and Adel are playing their best and were poised to get some big time payback. But, there was something else that was more important to them to stay out after curfew and let their teammates down. It's just another part of this weird season.

Guys played heavy minutes in the first half and when UVA made their run early 2nd that's when the loss of the two key players was felt.

It's a real disappointing turn, most people had to expect tonight's outcome.

OP what's going to be very interesting is seeing what happens next. Pitino is very unhappy with those two and it's not a given they are placed back into the same role they've had up to this point in the season.

This team will need all the pieces to make a deep run. Hope this isn't a fractured team.

Youve given me hell for saying bench mango and adel and tonight without the. We are playing our best ball

trying-to-remember.gif

Reactions: Cue Card
I don't think we beat UVA anyway, VJ got some good minutes and may help his confidence on the defensive side, kids do stupid things and on the list of dumb sh1t; breaking curfew is most forgivable.

This is not the FB season reincarnated here people. We'll be 100% in a matter of days and tourney ready.

Youve given me hell for saying bench mango and adel and tonight without the. We are playing our best ball
Dude, seriously. Just stop embarrassing yourself. We have a multi-million dollar a year paid Hall of Fame coach at the helm of this program, and you continue to act like you know more than he does regarding which players should play and which should not. I'm all for free speech and I respect everyone's right to speak their mind but D-A-M-N. o_O:eek::confused:

Dude, seriously. Just stop embarrassing yourself. We have a multi-million dollar a year paid Hall of Fame coach at the helm of this program, and you continue to act like you know more than he does regarding which players should play and which should not. I'm all for free speech and I respect everyone's right to speak their mind but D-A-M-N. o_O:eek::confused:
That first half we played our best ball. Sobas you cherry pick statements to grandstand and puff your chest out. We played our best ball without then in the first half.

I also say we need them to make a run. I would cap their minutes as further punishment. Listening to pitino last night it is within reason that he keeps them in some sort of doghouse.

So if my opinion offends you I apologize.

But the results of the first half say i am right.

So if my opinion offends you I apologize.
No need to apologize to me Beasley. I respect your right to your opinion, but please keep in mind that coach Pitino has been doing the job he is doing for over 40 years now. I really think he's got a handle on how to do the job, and forgive me up front if this sounds flip, but I am 1000000000000000000000000% confident he has forgot more about coaching basketball than you or I have ever learned in the first place. TIFWIW.

Also the first half results don't mean squat. All the matters is the final score.

Last edited:
No need to apologize to me Beasley. I respect your right to your opinion, but please keep in mind that coach Pitino has been doing the job he is doing for over 40 years now. I really think he's got a handle on how to do the job, and forgive me up front if this sounds flip, but I am 1000000000000000000000000% confident he has forgot more about coaching basketball than you or I have ever learned in the first place. TIFWIW.

Also the first half results don't mean squat. All the matters is the final score.
well, kind sir, I am glad to learn he is doing exactly as i suggested because it is common sence.

I gurantee VJ starts over Adel, and that Mangok does not start either. again since you cant read, we need them for the stretch run, but neither of them are our best player. and because of that they should come off of the bench. it makes our bench stronger, and it helps us as a team.

its not a wish or a flippant remark, it is the truth whether you are pissy about it or not.

so swallow it whole because that is what it is kind sir.

toodles

well, kind sir, I am glad to learn he is doing exactly as i suggested because it is common sence.
It would be so much easier to take you serious if you had the common SENSE to spell SENSE correctly, and please don't mistake me as kind. I voted for Trump. LOL!!

I'm sure coach Pitino read YOUR posts here on THIS board and decided to do what you suggested if only for 20 minutes. LMAO!!!

Reactions: zipp and gocards827

I gurantee VJ starts over Adel, and that Mangok does not start either. again since you cant read, we need them for the stretch run, but neither of them are our best player. and because of that they should come off of the bench. it makes our bench stronger, and it helps us as a team.

its not a wish or a flippant remark, it is the truth whether you are pissy about it or not.

toodles

Mangok was already coming off the bench. He's the only Big that plays like a grown man.
Adel plays better defense than VJ. VJ may be the pro, but in Coach's world, he's
the 6th man.

Just as Cue stated, its a 40 minute game. Odds are they win last nite with Mangok and
Adel playing.

toodles
"toodles"? wtf

Mangok was already coming off the bench. He's the only Big that plays like a grown man.
Adel plays better defense than VJ. VJ may be the pro, but in Coach's world, he's
the 6th man.

Just as Cue stated, its a 40 minute game. Odds are they win last nite with Mangok and
Adel playing.
kerry if anyone would read my post from last night it would say just that.

The best game "not half" was against Pitt where we had 5 guys in double figures, almost 6. Adel started and logged 22 mins and had 10 pts/6 rebs. Mango had 9 pts and 6 rebs and 17 mins. VJ king had 2 pts and 1 reb in 14 minutes of play. Stockman had 2 pts 1 reb and 4 fouls in 7 mins.

Beas- nothing supports your thinking that King deserves more mins, let alone start over Adel. Adel just does more things than King right now. Instead of counting mins or baskets just watch them play on defense. Maybe Adel doesn't make all those shots but I damn well believe that he's running back on defense. And Stockman over Mango is a joke that makes you insensible..

It would be so much easier to take you serious if you had the common SENSE to spell SENSE correctly, and please don't mistake me as kind. I voted for Trump. LOL!!

I'm sure coach Pitino read YOUR posts here on THIS board and decided to do what you suggested if only for 20 minutes. LMAO!!!
if a fan can not post his opinion on the home board of his team then rivals needs to shut down. second, i really dont care who you voted for, i come here to excape politics and discuss sports. maybe you should find a country club to discuss players and trump as tou really desire to do?

and yes, its funny how i called the firing of the moron dc we had, and that petrino needed to change his staff. you were one of the pissy women telling me i was wrong. how did that take work out for you?

and now i am telling you that vj king is going to start over adel, and mangok will continue coming off of the bench. last nights first half proved that we can play without them, and it should light a fire under them. if they get the message, we will be the better team for it.

if my saying that makes you so pissy, you need to iron your panties out and wear a skirt to a bar and tie some money around your neck. maybe some man will help you relax.

otherwise voice your mindless opinion so it can be torn apart as my examples have proven true time after time.

toodles woman........... i thought the wives left when we fired the grantham morons.........

You voted for Drumpf ?
I knew you had a skeleton in your closet.........

kerry if anyone would read my post from last night it would say just that.

YOU stated that they played their best half WITHOUT Mangok and Adel.
This couldn't be further from the truth. Adel just hit his career high in points and plays two positions.

Mangok has had what, 3 double-doubles in the last 5 games. FG% going way up.
Plays defense better than the other 3 bigs combined.

You act like they stole your girlfriend. Get over it Beas.
Cards would not be in a position for a 1,2, or 3 seed along with an ACC title
without Mangok and Adel.

VJ got his career high in points, yet played ole' defense. I like VJ over Adel, yet recognize Adel has more all around game at this point.

Lastly, Cards wont get anywhere near Phoenix without Mangok and Adel.

Reactions: gocards827
HOPEFULLY our 5th year senior starts to play like a senior and less like a freshman, then hopefully the NBA star that people say adel is appears in a louisville uniform sometime soon.

do we need them yes, should they start. ABSOLUTELY NOT.

i stand by that opinion, and i am certain pitino will help them understand this is a team and not for them to do as they wish.

no one has to agree with it, it is the truth.

we have a championship team when players are humble and work for the name on the front of the jersey. hopefully the practices leading up to miami some players are reminded of what team is.

if a fan can not post his opinion on the home board of his team then rivals needs to shut down. second, i really dont care who you voted for, i come here to excape politics and discuss sports. maybe you should find a country club to discuss players and trump as tou really desire to do?

and yes, its funny how i called the firing of the moron dc we had, and that petrino needed to change his staff. you were one of the pissy women telling me i was wrong. how did that take work out for you?

and now i am telling you that vj king is going to start over adel, and mangok will continue coming off of the bench. last nights first half proved that we can play without them, and it should light a fire under them. if they get the message, we will be the better team for it.

if my saying that makes you so pissy, you need to iron your panties out and wear a skirt to a bar and tie some money around your neck. maybe some man will help you relax.

otherwise voice your mindless opinion so it can be torn apart as my examples have proven true time after time.

toodles woman........... i thought the wives left when we fired the grantham morons.........
Don't get your panties in a wad beasley. I've explained myself time and time again. I like you. I like your posts. You provide entertainment and I respect your opinion so be as opinionated as you want to be. You can also think I'm whomever you want. Makes no difference to me. I know who I am.

Last edited:
You voted for Drumpf ?
I knew you had a skeleton in your closet.........
Not because I'm a fan of his. It's because I couldn't vote for any establishment politician, woman or no woman. Hillary belongs in prison as far as I'm concerned.

This is just one more thing that's wrong with our political 2 party system. We only have 2 choices in the end, and this is the first time ever that most of us cast a vote because of our dislike of the other candidate instead of liking the one we voted for. That's how I see it anyway.

his defense is okay, it is the switching that he has to learn. he will get it.
beas,I know you like King.I like the kid too.I think his D is pretty good in the half court.I won't go so far as to say that he's soaking up his last made shot,but he has played his whole life at a very high offensive level.He's yet to buy the whole thing,but I think you're right,he's getting there.I hope to see him ,as well as everybody else,continue to find their teammates for the better shot.

Their willingness to look for a better shot separates them from mediocrity.Look,this team to a man,has plenty of room to get better,but it needs to be happening now.It's the point of the season where they should as individuals,do what's needed to help the team win.At least if we want a championship.

beas,I know you like King.I like the kid too.I think his D is pretty good in the half court.I won't go so far as to say that he's soaking up his last made shot,but he has played his whole life at a very high offensive level.He's yet to buy the whole thing,but I think you're right,he's getting there.I hope to see him ,as well as everybody else,continue to find their teammates for the better shot.

Their willingness to look for a better shot separates them from mediocrity.Look,this team to a man,has plenty of room to get better,but it needs to be happening now.It's the point of the season where they should as individuals,do what's needed to help the team win.At least if we want a championship.
this team having a long week til gametime is great. a lot needs to be addressed internally.

I believe our big guys will determine how far we go this season. they have to rebound like life depends on it. and the guards need to keep the ball moving.

we have a legit championship team.

I hope 2017 @uva is equal to 2013 @notredame

Cue is not Bp Ghost

5cca270514ac148388541b818adec89d.gif
Lol - of course I'm not. I do tend to agree with Cue on most things except, I might have voted for putin before I would have for trump. This is simply another example of the endless stupidity that is mrs.beasley.

"Same address" - lulz.

Pitino obviously likes Adel's all-around game, but I'm sure he made an error in judgment in Pitino's opinion. And I'm also sure at this point, Pitino wants to build King's confidence.

Considering this week's events, I won't be surprised if King starts over Adel at least in the short run. Not saying King deserves it based on what each guy does overall, but I think King starts against Miami...

Pitino obviously likes Adel's all-around game, but I'm sure he made an error in judgment in Pitino's opinion. And I'm also sure at this point, Pitino wants to build King's confidence.

Considering this week's events, I won't be surprised if King starts over Adel at least in the short run. Not saying King deserves it based on what each guy does overall, but I think King starts against Miami...

I was thinking that, due to the circumstances, Pitino would make Adel come off the bench if for nothing more than to prove a point. I know the one game suspension for breaking curfew was a punishment but I would think Pitino might not be willing to plug Adel immediately back into the starting line up. In other words, he might start King not because of King's play but rather more of a lesson to Adel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT