ADVERTISEMENT

If crp were to leave would you guys take Kenny Payne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wall2Boogie

Getting the Hang of It
Jan 28, 2010
As your next coach assuming he's available if you have a vacancy. I don't think pitino is going anywhere, but who would be on your wish list as a head coach? I mentioned Payne because I know how our fan base bashes pitino, just curious if you would accept him back after he's been an assistant coach for the enemy?

Reactions: CatPhight and blubo
Maybe if he can prove he can win elsewhere first. Cal hasn't produce a good coach yet and I doubt he ever will because no one can duplicate his recruiting. I don't think many Louisville fans care Payne coaches at UK, he has to coach somewhere.

Reactions: OneEarWonder
absolutely not.
We have no idea how much he has been tainted by involvement with WWW and we don't need anything like that around this program.

Reactions: blubo
This may be the first or second year Payne has done any actual coaching, as far as I can see. Personally, I have watched his fairly closely and I can't see any proven ability at that level. It is typical of low information Rump Rafters' posters to pose as naive and suggest idiotic suggestions about the 5th or 6th best program in America. It must be an dreadful impact with reality when they finally summon up their nutz enough to post over here and try and wreck a program that is very simply not going away. The responses have actually been surprisingly nice.

Batman is riding an elephant - therefore the OP is a troll and an idiot of rare proportions.

Reactions: CatPhight and blubo
This may be the first or second year Payne has done any actual coaching, as far as I can see. Personally, I have watched his fairly closely and I can't see any proven ability at that level. It is typical of low information Rump Rafters' posters to pose as naive and suggest idiotic suggestions about the 5th or 6th best program in America. It must be an dreadful impact with reality when they finally summon up their nutz enough to post over here and try and wreck a program that is very simply not going away. The responses have actually been surprisingly nice.

Batman is riding an elephant - therefore the OP is a troll and an idiot of rare proportions.
Yep, Kentucky's best game this year was when Calipari got kicked out early.

Kenny has had a nice career with NIKE in Eugene and in Lexington. As a former Cardinal, I wish him nothing but luck (other than when he play the Cards), wherever his NIKE career takes him.

Go Cards, Go ACC
L1C4

Nothing against Kenny but When we hire another coach it WILL be a guy with HC expreince. This isn't football were an assistant at a good school can get a HC job it doesn't work that way. Payne will have to work his way up as it's several young coaches at mid major schools putting up wins such as: Chris Mack, Archie Miller, Bryce Drew, and even Steve Masiello. All those guys are WAY in from of Payne to land any type of P5 job, much less one of the top 5-10 jobs in the country.

We have one of the top 3 paying jobs in America in the top basketball conference. We can take a Jay Wright and double his salary right off the bat, and place him in the premier conference in America. We can grab Shaka Smart, Steve Alford, even Sean Miller. Point is Kenny Payne wouldn't even get a call.

Yeekay fans wish we hire him, a coach with no head coaching experience taking over our program...oh, okay! would YOU hire him? I think not! nice troll though.

Reactions: CatPhight
Personally, I'd take Payne he's an excellent recruiter and is very good at
OP is stupid. Payne isn't qualified for ANY P5 head coaching job, much less one of the blue bloods.
What made Richard pitino "qualified" to become a head coach? The fact his dad is rick? You gotta start somewhere to become "qualified"

Reactions: CatPhight
Richard was not head coach at Louisville it was U of Minn. Our point is we will not take an assistant coach to become our head coach. Your thread is a moot point anyway because much to our delight CRP isn't going anywhere.

Richard was not head coach at Louisville it was U of Minn. Our point is we will not take an assistant coach to become our head coach. Your thread is a moot point anyway because much to our delight CRP isn't going anywhere.

Richard also spent a year as Head Coach at FIU, before going to Minnesota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT