ADVERTISEMENT

I don't get this initial seeding by the NCAA

Kratz

2500+
Nov 18, 2001
Released at 12:30 today and doesn't make much sense to me.

They have Duke at #6, UofL at 7 (2 seeds) and FSU as a 3 seed. UofL has already beaten Duke. So why is Duke getting the higher seed? Apparently they expect FSU to beat UofL again, but how does that make FSU a 3 seed?

They have Baylor 1, and Kansas 2. Kansas still has to play at WVU, plus they will theoritically meet for Baylor the B-12 championship. If Kansas loses to Baylor twice, are they still the #2 team in the nation?

Plus duke has a net 200 or 300 loss at home.

That has to be just clear bias.
They should rank for previous games played, not future games.

Reactions: Mayoman
Tbh we are going to lose in Tallahassee. They are 60–3 in their last 63 home games.

Damn good chance WVU beats Kansas at home. I'm on the road right now and seriously considering extending my stay just a bit to see WVU/Kansas (if I could get a ticket). I'm only about 25 minutes from Morgantown. If Kansas loses twice (WVU and Baylor), no way they can fairly keep Kansas at the #2 seed. Fairly being the operative word.....

Premature attempts at ranking the T4 through T16 with so much more CBB to be played is like playing craps with your eyes closed.

Why even bother with this crazy BS ...let the games be played to get to the point of (sic, sic,) ranking these teams for the farce NCAA Tournament. Lot of things can happen between now and then.

So much will change regarding this premature top 16. Michigan State lost again today. That is 8 losses for them now and 3 in a row. How on earth are they a top 16 team? They are not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT