ADVERTISEMENT

** Howie's Quick Hits - Sunday at 2 am **

Howie Lindsey

Elite Member
Silver Member
May 29, 2001
Louisville, KY
www.cardinalsports.com
- All eyes forward now - it's all about Brohm.

- Those conversations "officially" begin today (Sunday) and could either work fast or work slow, but either way everyone I have talked to believes the deal will get done. Tyra and Brohm will be tallking Sunday.

- Louisville is a bit of tough spot because Brohm has all the leverage right now. He has a job, he kinda likes that job and they are willing to pay him a bunch of money to stay. Tyra's leverage, I'm told, is that he knows Brohm and the entire family want to return home.

- So many UofL folks gave me no answer tonight at the game. Most smiled broadly like they all know it is coming, but no one on record. That is by design.

- How far along as the "unofficial" negotiations? I'm told coaches from around the country were contacting Brohm and the Purdue staff telling them they would love to join him at Louisville.

- There are a few familiar names who would love to come back to Louisville if given the chance. Brohm will have to decide if it would be danger to bring any of them back and whether or not they fit with the culture he wants to build.

- Rondale Moore is in play, according to Dave Lackford. Wandale Robinson might be in play as well, according to Dave Lackford... neither are a done deal, but can you imagine? Wow.

- Louisville just got drubbed by Kentucky and I can't help but feel relieved that this horrible season is over. There were so many things that went wrong that I am honestly going to be dissecting everything for the next 9 months as we prep for next season.

- One side note - as we walk out of the Football Complex tonight, I notice a giant 10-foot chart on the wall with all the defensive players names on it and all sorts of stats and points. Typical stuff you see in a lot of football complexes. Major issue? The last update of any of the stats was 10/29/18.

- I have a whole bunch of scuttlebutt about the guys currently on campus, on roster, but I don't want to depress you with all the details when we should all be looking forward to the future.

- I saw Dr. Neeli Bendapudi and her staff after the game (she greeted and thanked all the players as they headed to the locker room), and I told them "Brighter days ahead..." and several of them replied "Absolutely." immediately.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News