ADVERTISEMENT

How much U of L money's available for Brohm?...

Bigger name, bigger money,which we definitely don't have right now.
I understand that.

But you already have Satterfield's compensation in the budget. That should be enough for base compensation to get Brohm started. And if he is #1, that offer would have been made.

If the numbers being floated on the premium board are correct, it IS still about the money. I never expected otherwise.

As far as a deal being cut now vs before, keep in mind we had Tyra closing deals previously. And U of L may be learning from its mistakes. We’re desperate to start making better decisions…

Last edited:
Reactions: earsky
How do we know it hasn't?🤷‍♂️
It could have. And if it truly has then either ...

1. Brohm hasn't accepted and is waiting Purdue to counter. If he's waiting then money really does matter and the draw homeward to UL isn't as strong as B1G money. My bet would then be on Purdue coming up with a big FUtoUL Offer that UL can't hope to match. I am hearing that they are working on something big right now.

2. Brohm has accepted and hasn't told Purdue. I would like to think he wouldn't do that. But I guess anything is possible.

It could have. And if it truly has then either ...

1. Brohm hasn't accepted and is waiting Purdue to counter. If he's waiting then money really does matter and the draw homeward to UL isn't as strong as B1G money. My bet would then be on Purdue coming up with a big FUtoUL Offer that UL can't hope to match. I am hearing that they are working on something big right now.

2. Brohm has accepted and hasn't told Purdue. I would like to think he wouldn't do that. But I guess anything is possible.

I don't think Purdue plans to match any raise. Eg 7MM probably won't happen with Purdue

Reactions: earsky
I don't think Purdue plans to match any raise. Eg 7MM probably won't happen with Purdue
Not 7MM no. Brohm’s current compensation is $5.1MM. Purdue can match up to 6MM. But more is hard and 7MM is too much and as you say won't happen.

But something like $6M for 6 years is possible.

On a side note, still can't believe MSU gave Tucker 10 years at $9.5MM/yr.

Not 7MM no. Brohm’s current compensation is $5.1MM. Purdue can match up to 6MM. But more is hard and 7MM is too much and as you say won't happen.

I just don't think a match wins here. So I think it's moot.

Well.....our idiot rivals are paying Stoops $9m!!

I just don't think a match wins here. So I think it's moot.
No a match doesn't win. But we aren't playing catch up to UL - eg we don't have to match, but the other way around. I don't think UL can offer too much more than what Satterfield made at $3.25 MM.

UL will have to hope that the draw home will be more than the contract amount. That is, if they want him.

No a match doesn't win. But we aren't playing catch up to UL - eg we don't have to match, but the other way around. I don't think UL can offer too much more than what Satterfield made at $3.25 MM.

UL will have to hope that the draw home will be more than the contract amount. That is, if they want him.

UofL is offering much more than $3.25M. Brohm is expecting and will get a pay raise. There is no white smoke yet but the cardinals are meeting.

If Brohm stays at Purdue, great! If he leaves for Louisville fine. But I’ll be pissed if Purdue offers him more money to stay in Lafayette. There is better coaches available for that kind of money.

UofL is offering much more than $3.25M. Brohm is expecting and will get a pay raise. There is no white smoke yet but the cardinals are meeting.
Maybe, but you already give Kenny Payne $20 million over 6 years. Where are you gonna come up with another $30 million?

We’ll have money to pay Jeff a good amount. Now we can’t win a bidding war, but it’s not about that.

The issue then becomes paying for good assistants and staff going forward. The SEC and Big Ten are gonna be on another level when it comes to paying for staff members due to their TV money.

Yes we have donors, but that money we were once getting is going to NIL now.

The ACC needs to step up, because I do fear falling behind in other aspects of building a big program. NIL is good now, but everyone else is gonna catch up soon and we’re gonna need something else.

We don't have the money to pay for a big contract. That won't stop us from doing it anyway. We haven't been bringing in enough money to fund our spending, and we've kept right on spending. Financial statements tell you all you need to know.

It's like federal government spending... Kicking a can down the road and hoping for a miracle. It all ends sometime, but that time probably ain't this week. Enjoy it while it lasts...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT