ADVERTISEMENT

How many fans do we bring?

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
Guessing we have around 7-8k?

Three of us are heading down Thursday. Spending Thursdsy night in Asheville, then Friday and Saturday night in downtown Greenville. Dinner reservations at Soby's Friday night. Hitting some bars up after that.

Three of us are heading down Thursday. Spending Thursdsy night in Asheville, then Friday and Saturday night in downtown Greenville. Dinner reservations at Soby's Friday night. Hitting some bars up after that.
Im going with 10-15K. So many people I know going!

Jezee, how many tickets are available for a visiting team? Clemson fans aren't going to sell their tickets unless for a bunch of money. I would guess between 5 and 7K.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

That's all y'all think you bring? I would have guessed 15-20k. Again I don't know how well y'all tend to travel but I know from my trip up there last year and yalls trip here two years ago y'all have some passionate fans. With a game of this magnitude and what it could possibly mean for your team I figured yall would flock here (no pun intended)

That's all y'all think you bring? I would have guessed 15-20k. Again I don't know how well y'all tend to travel but I know from my trip up there last year and yalls trip here two years ago y'all have some passionate fans. With a game of this magnitude and what it could possibly mean for your team I figured yall would flock here (no pun intended)
Visiting teams have never brought that many to Death Valley. Scar in 2010 and 2012 were the only games in that range and that's because they had so much access to tickets from Clemson fans.

Visiting teams have never brought that many to Death Valley. Scar in 2010 and 2012 were the only games in that range and that's because they had so much access to tickets from Clemson fans.

UGA 2013 easily had that many probably more. I'd say auburn 2011 as well

Soby's is awesome. Also, Greenville has the most underrated bar scene in the Southeast.

7500 max. Perhaps 5000. It's all about the ticket availability, and 7500 is the absolute max Clemson would have offered. There's always secondary markets, but that goes both ways. Clemson fans aren't selling.

Hey Marvelette, you better have a reservation at Soby's.

Next available is Monday according to their Web site.:mad:

Won't be that high...I think the poster above was correct somewhere between 5-10K is more realistic.
We will bring a MINIMUM of 10k to this game. You'll see how well we travel on Saturday. Also a testament to your fans and atmosphere. Many have had this marked on their calendar for 2 years.

Reactions: willtiger1234
We will bring a MINIMUM of 10k to this game. You'll see how well we travel on Saturday. Also a testament to your fans and atmosphere. Many have had this marked on their calendar for 2 years.

I hope you are right. We know how well we travel and so does Clemson and other ACC schools. I'm only questioning those numbers because I'm not sure there will be that many available seats.

There will not be 10K tickets. If the seats were there both teams could bring a ton more fans for this game for sure.

I hope you are right. We know how well we travel and so does Clemson and other ACC schools. I'm only questioning those numbers because I'm not sure there will be that many available seats.

I literally know 100 people going myself. Cards fans will find their way in for this one

Won't be that high...I think the poster above was correct somewhere between 5-10K is more realistic.
We took 15,000 to Notre Dame, ask the Irish fans. But Notre Dame is closer to Louisville and it was probably easier for our fans to buy tickets online for their game since they haven't been that good the past few years. I would think our max for Clemson would be 10,000, I'm sure not many tickets were available on the secondary market.

We took 15,000 to Notre Dame, ask the Irish fans. But Notre Dame is closer to Louisville and it was probably easier for our fans to buy tickets online for their game since they haven't been that good the past few years. I would think our max for Clemson would be 10,000, I'm sure not many tickets were available on the secondary market.
I agree, somewhere around 10K isn't unrealistic. I've been going to Clemson games for a long time, and we've had some big games. Never, and I mean never once, has there not been someone scalping tickets outside the stadium before the game. If you're willing to wait until right at, or even slightly after, kickoff...there are some deals to be had.

Reactions: Matte Black
What's the visiting team's allotment? That's probably a good estimate of the number. Can't see a lot of Clemson fans selling their tickets for this.

If any of you end up going through or near Spartanburg SC - for the love of God, eat at The Beacon, and get the Chili Cheese-a-plenty. It is #thediabeetus and oh so good.

search

There are four of us going to contribute to the mass invasion. I've been down here all week getting primed. Sitting on Harbor island. Heading over tomorrow. I'll guess there will be 10k there,

Five of us leaving in the morning, and I know of literally dozens more staying in Greenville

There are about 70 sections at the stadium. The capacity is about 85,000. I think UofL gets three of those sections, so that would imply around 4500 tickets (UofL sold its full allotment). And then I would assume another thousand or so UofL fans found other outlets. So I would guess about 6k.

Be sure to explore all of downtown Greenville; it is a very special place with a ton of bars and restaurants.

There will be about 7,000 - 8,000 Cards fans at Clemson.

There would be 20,000 if the tickets were available and 'affordable'.

Clemson fans are great and the trip is fantastic.

Enjoy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT