ADVERTISEMENT

How long does Saban stay at Bama?

Kratz

2500+
Nov 18, 2001
I'm just wondering how long he stays? He has nowhere to go but down at this point in his college career. He's literally set himself up to become a victim of his own success.

The only thing he hasn't conquered yet is the NFL. Wonder if he'll give it one more go just to see if he can conquer every level of football? Pride is a huge driving force in these guys. They want to win it all at every level. It's what took Pitino away from UK. I could see that same thing driving Saban back to give it one more shot in the NFL

The usual poor ownership jobs are coming open again, (san diego, etc), but the Plum could be the Broncos job. Always had good ownership and Elway has proven to be a good GM. Looks like Kubiak might be retiring for health reasons.

Just wonder if a good franchise could draw Saban back for one more try?

Nick Saban is comfortable at Alabama and he has it made. I don't think he goes anywhere for the next 10-15 years to be honest.

Say you're correct and he does stay for 10 more years. What if in a year or two they backslide just a little and go 3 straight years without a playoff appearance. You have to remember that these are Bama fans we're talking about. They will be howling mad if Bama goes 2-3 straight years without a playoff appearance. Like I said, Saban has set himself up to become a victim of his own success. He's won what? 4 out of the last 7 titles or something ridiculous like that.

Bama fans are a special kind of crazy. You spoil them with that, and nothing less is acceptable.

I'm just wondering how long he stays? He has nowhere to go but down at this point in his college career. He's literally set himself up to become a victim of his own success.

The only thing he hasn't conquered yet is the NFL. Wonder if he'll give it one more go just to see if he can conquer every level of football? Pride is a huge driving force in these guys. They want to win it all at every level. It's what took Pitino away from UK. I could see that same thing driving Saban back to give it one more shot in the NFL

The usual poor ownership jobs are coming open again, (san diego, etc), but the Plum could be the Broncos job. Always had good ownership and Elway has proven to be a good GM. Looks like Kubiak might be retiring for health reasons.

Just wonder if a good franchise could draw Saban back for one more try?

Say you're correct and he does stay for 10 more years. What if in a year or two they backslide just a little and go 3 straight years without a playoff appearance. You have to remember that these are Bama fans we're talking about. They will be howling mad if Bama goes 2-3 straight years without a playoff appearance. Like I said, Saban has set himself up to become a victim of his own success. He's won what? 4 out of the last 7 titles or something ridiculous like that.

Bama fans are a special kind of crazy. You spoil them with that, and nothing less is acceptable.
Paul finebaum would quickly tell Bama how insane they are for even considering getting rid of saban. He is simply the best coach to ever coach the game of college football.

Not saying Bama would want him gone. No school is that stupid. I'm saying the fanbase would be howling. There would be pressure on him to make changes for not living up to expectations (Which he drove through the roof with his own success)

Does a coach like Saban have to put up with that? Would he?

Look at us. We're all howling for some change and we know that we have one of the best coaches in the business. We as a group aren't as near crazy as Bama fans, and we're howling over a 9-4 season at a school that doesn't have anywhere near the expectations of Bama.

I meant Bama fans. Paul Finebaum is their chief. He would talk them off the ledge. Saban is going to be there until he gets old and senile like Bobby Bowden and Joe Pa. Saban may even die on the field. His accomplishments and drive warrant him staying as long as he well pleases. I don't really see him doing anything but coaching Bama. With his recruiting and his success he has made it an easy job. He gets the most talented players just drooling to come play for him. I hate it and wish people would break the mold. It would be good for football for someone to challenge Bama.

His first NFL stint proved to him how important it is to have the best and right players for your system in order to be successful and even then, due to the depth of outstanding players in the league - there's no guarantee.

At Alabama he gets pretty much every player he wants - even their special teams are stacked with 4 & 5 star players. His biggest problem is keeping all of them happy and, he doesn't view it as a problem. I honestly don't see them going 2-3 without a title.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT