ADVERTISEMENT

How does LSU get all of that talent?

Lamar Card

New Poster, Show Me Love
Nov 10, 2019
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...looked-tigers-play-national-title/4434233002/

NEW ORLEANS -- We probably should have known this LSU football team was destined for greatness last August with the explosive revelation that an LSU booster named John Paul Funes had pleaded guilty to embezzling more than $800,000 dollars from a hospital charitable foundation, including gift cards meant for cancer patients.

Among the reasons Funes got caught? He had directed $180,000 of the foundation’s money to the father of Vadal Alexander, an LSU offensive lineman at the time, as part of a scheme to make it appear as though the father was working for the foundation. He had also flown friends and family to LSU games on the foundation's dime, trips that were logged as "outbound patient transports.”

Last edited:
Everyone in the $EC buys players.

Throw in 7,8 home games and favorable spots in the polls and there you have it.

Every $EC has been on probation for buying except for A&M and Vandy.

Last edited:
Reactions: gocds and vivid_red
Everyone in the $EC buys players.

Throw in 7,8 home games and favorable spots in the polls and there you have it.

Every $EC has been on probation for buying A&M and Vandy.
Just wait. A&M hasn't been in the $EC long enough. They were on probation back in 80's while they were in the SWC. Leopards don't change their spots.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
LSU playing CYA with NCAA over OBJ handing out $100 bills to student athletes after the game. If someone would openly hand out monies like this while videos are rolling? What else is going on at LSU. Even Joe Burrow admitted it was real green bills.

There is too much money involved, and too much pressure to win.

Consider what happened at Penn State the other day. The head coach is involved in a hazing lawsuit. The names change, but the song remains the same.

Now there is an arrest warrant for OBJ for slapping butt of security guard. This guy is an idiot.

LSU playing CYA with NCAA over OBJ handing out $100 bills to student athletes after the game. If someone would openly hand out monies like this while videos are rolling? What else is going on at LSU. Even Joe Burrow admitted it was real green bills.
That will about do it for the “we need to recruit better “ posts.

It's a dirty game. One thing LSU has always had going for it other than slush funding is, there is no state rival to recruit against. I haven't looked it up but I'd be willing to bet they have at least 50 guys on their roster from LA. They lock down the state. These guys aren't picking between LSU and Tulane.

And they have slush funds.

Does anyone think or believe that the NCAA is looking the other way when it comes to the $ec? I sure as hell do! You have to be an idiot if you are an $ec team and are not successful in football . . . . Or uahkay. But WTH, they do it in basketball and where the hell is the NCAA.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: KerryRhodes
The NCAA is not looking to cripple their $ makers. I'd imagine they aren't all that interested in a TCU vs Minnesota Championship game.

You will see them occasionally spank those lower tier SEC programs. The top dogs are safe.

Reactions: gocds
Does anyone think or believe that the NCAA is looking the other way when it comes to the $ec? I sure as hell do! You have to be an idiot if you are an $ec team and are not successful in football . . . . Or uahkay. But WTH, they do it in basketball and where the hell is the NCAA.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Instead of leaving the NCAA, the NCAA should kick out the $EC for its rampant cheating, save Vanderbilt.

Reactions: gocds
They usually have similarly talented rosters. They don't usually have Joe Burrow. Qb. Play makes a team truly great. It single hadidly displays the talent of many other players. For instance. A team could have a potential superstar receiver but we would never know without a stud q.b to throw to him. See it all the time. App st beat Michigan in big house because their q.b was easily the best player on thefield

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT