ADVERTISEMENT

Hope for the future

rockycard

Four-Star Poster
Jan 8, 2007
We have 77 freshmen and sophomores on the roster, hopefully a new coaching staff will get the best out of them. Look up the road at Kentucky, they are senior dominated on defense, and have drastically improved from their 97th ranked defense from last year. We just need some new blood coaching them.

We have 77 freshmen and sophomores on the roster, hopefully a new coaching staff will get the best out of them. Look up the road at Kentucky, they are senior dominated on defense, and have drastically improved from their 97th ranked defense from last year. We just need some new blood coaching them.
Only 8 upperclassmen? How is that possible? I can’t imagine a roster could get that much out of balance. I would expect about 20% seniors, 20% juniors, and 30% each Sophs and frosh.

Only 8 upperclassmen? How is that possible? I can’t imagine a roster could get that much out of balance. I would expect about 20% seniors, 20% juniors, and 30% each Sophs and frosh.

Yeah im not sure how it got so freshman/sophomore heavy but it's true. That's why our class this season is soooo small.

I actually went to gocards and looked at the roster ( including walkons), they have us with 84 fr/soph’s.

Reactions: HRTheCard
There is never a good time to be this young, but this was the absolute worst year to be this young. This is going to prove to be the toughest year schedule wise that I can remember. There were zero cupcakes on the schedule. Wake and FSU aren't very good, but FSU is still talented. Everyone else is pretty good if not terrific.

Alabama/Clemson legit playoff contenders
Kentucky legit contender for the SEC East
Virginia/Syracuse/Boston College/NC State all could win 8 games
Georgia Tech nightmare offense in short week, still a bowl team.

Now the not being competitive in the games is a problem, but that is a pretty tough schedule for a young team. The young excuse doesn't work with the Oline it is not young, it is not improving and it is awful. If they roll out that same group again today I don't know what to think. I would much rather see a young movement there too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT