ADVERTISEMENT

HEY CLEMSON !

The Cards will need to play as well as they did in the FSU game to win @ Clemson. Maybe even better since LJ missed a couple of wide open receivers for a couple of scores. I think everyone's game plan is to try and force him to throw the ball and take away his run game. Easier said than done.

Reactions: beasleythecard
Let's compare a couple things:

At Cuse LJ was was 20-39 (51.3%) for 411 yds (20.5 yds per completion), 1 TD, 1 INT, and 1 sack sack. Plus 21 carries for 199 yds (9.5 per carry) and a QB rating of 143

To compare: vs FSU he was 13-20 (65%) for 216 yds (16.5 per completion), 1 TD, INT, and 1 sack. Plus 17 carries for 146 yds (8.6 yds per carry), and a QB rating of 162.

Then, as "bad" as LJ was at MU, he was 24-44 (54.5%-higher than at Cuse) for 411 yds (17.1 yds per completion) 5 TD's, 1 INT, and 1 sack. Plus 12 carries for 65 yds (5 yds per rush), and a QB rating of 167.

LJ has been pretty consistent in his numbers no matter the opponent, but one thing we can hope for. His stats improved from Cuse to FSU. I attribute this to the "looking ahead" factor. Whether we like it or not, it is human nature. Luckily neither "trap" opponent had the talent to take advantage.

I look for the team to come out at CU just as they did for FSU. Primed and ready. And we need to be.

Reactions: Mayoman
Sadly, Clemson cannot have a free board because it would be filled with gamecock fans.
No disrespect but that is a pretty weak excuse for not having a free board. We deal with UofK fans every stinking day and this board continues to be free. You're telling me Clemson Rivals is scared of some rude unwanted rival fans? Not buying that.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Let's compare a couple things:

At Cuse LJ was was 20-39 (51.3%) for 411 yds (20.5 yds per completion), 1 TD, 1 INT, and 1 sack sack. Plus 21 carries for 199 yds (9.5 per carry) and a QB rating of 143

To compare: vs FSU he was 13-20 (65%) for 216 yds (16.5 per completion), 1 TD, INT, and 1 sack. Plus 17 carries for 146 yds (8.6 yds per carry), and a QB rating of 162.

Then, as "bad" as LJ was at MU, he was 24-44 (54.5%-higher than at Cuse) for 411 yds (17.1 yds per completion) 5 TD's, 1 INT, and 1 sack. Plus 12 carries for 65 yds (5 yds per rush), and a QB rating of 167.

LJ has been pretty consistent in his numbers no matter the opponent, but one thing we can hope for. His stats improved from Cuse to FSU. I attribute this to the "looking ahead" factor. Whether we like it or not, it is human nature. Luckily neither "trap" opponent had the talent to take advantage.

I look for the team to come out at CU just as they did for FSU. Primed and ready. And we need to be.

The Cuse passing accuracy was hurt by an unbelievable 10 drops by the Receivers...Pro Football Focus had his adjusted accuracy at 75%

The Cuse passing accuracy was hurt by an unbelievable 10 drops by the Receivers...Pro Football Focus had his adjusted accuracy at 75%
My point exactly. I used his stats, but it's a team thing. If they don't catch em, he can't look good. ;)

The team was looking ahead at Cuse.

If you recall, we came out sharp as a tack, and scored easily. Then, once the guys saw that Cuse was no threat, I believe FSU talk started on the bench, and things got sloppy.

And regardless what anybody tries to sell us, these kids knew Marshall had no chance. Clemson was the word.

And now the time is here. I look for us (team) to come out sharp, and LJ's and team numbers will increase, just as they did against FSU.

I realize this thread is supposed to be for smack talk BUT.....If you remember Clemson wanted Uof L in the ACC and fought for it. The ACC needed a strong program to bolster its football credentials. Boy were we right. U of L has been great for the conference. Much respect...........hope we win.Go Tigers.

I realize this thread is supposed to be for smack talk BUT.....If you remember Clemson wanted Uof L in the ACC and fought for it. The ACC needed a strong program to bolster its football credentials. Boy were we right. U of L has been great for the conference. Much respect...........hope we win.Go Tigers.

We for the most part realize it....Clemson and FSU went to bat for us and we are grateful...

No disrespect but that is a pretty weak excuse for not having a free board. We deal with UofK fans every stinking day and this board continues to be free. You're telling me Clemson Rivals is scared of some rude unwanted rival fans? Not buying that.

Two points need to made here:

1: I dont agree with the decision to close the free boards. I am speaking mostly about rivals. there are two free boards @ Tigernet.com and theclemsoninsider.com
2: No disrespect to you, but UofL and Kentucky dont have anything on Clemson and South carolina. we both have fans that make me shake my head. I think south carolina fans take the cake however. I must admit I have seen some kentucky fans that are just as bad. both south carolina and Clemson closed their free boards for the most part back in about 1999.

1: I dont agree with the decision to close the free boards. I am speaking mostly about rivals. there are two free boards @ Tigernet.com and theclemsoninsider.com
2: No disrespect to you, but UofL and Kentucky dont have anything on Clemson and South carolina. we both have fans that make me shake my head. I think south carolina fans take the cake however. I must admit I have seen some kentucky fans that are just as bad. both south carolina and Clemson closed their free boards for the most part back in about 1999.
We'll just have to agree to disagree about which rival fan base is worse. I don't know enough about South Carolina fans to speak intelligently about their demeanor but I can tell you for a fact that I've personally met some UofK fans who not only make me shake my head, but make me want to be a advocate for forced birth control. No way some of those hilljacks should ever be allowed to breed. JMO.

Respectfully from someone who grew up in Louisville and went to HS and college in Kentucky (WKU) and lived there for 27 years only to move and live in Charlotte NC for the next 25 years, I can say without a doubt that the USC-Clemson or Duke-UNC rivalries are much more civil than UK-UofL. The difference being is that UK-UofL is everyday 24-7. Whether it is at a restaurant, grocery store, whatever UK fans only seem to have UK clothes and wear it no matter what. Bottom line other rivalries don't have to deal with UK fans every single day.

71971530.jpg

Respectfully from someone who grew up in Louisville and went to HS and college in Kentucky (WKU) and lived there for 27 years only to move and live in Charlotte NC for the next 25 years, I can say without a doubt that the USC-Clemson or Duke-UNC rivalries are much more civil than UK-UofL. The difference being is that UK-UofL is everyday 24-7. Whether it is at a restaurant, grocery store, whatever UK fans only seem to have UK clothes and wear it no matter what. Bottom line other rivalries don't have to deal with UK fans every single day.
Same story here. From my experience living in Charleston SC for 28 years and Living in Louisville for 21 years, I believe the rivalry between UL&UK is way more intense than anything I've seen here in SC.

We'll just have to agree to disagree about which rival fan base is worse. I don't know enough about South Carolina fans to speak intelligently about their demeanor but I can tell you for a fact that I've personally met some UofK fans who not only make me shake my head, but make me want to be a advocate for forced birth control. No way some of those hilljacks should ever be allowed to breed. JMO.
LOL, I hear you. I'm actually shocked that this board has not been flooded with gamecocks hanging on y'alls nuts in hopes that L'ville beats us. It happens every game every year. Anyway here is to a great game.

LOL, I hear you. I'm actually shocked that this board has not been flooded with gamecocks hanging on y'alls nuts in hopes that L'ville beats us. It happens every game every year. Anyway here is to a great game.

My GUESS is we won't see fans of a team who just lost their 3rd straight game to our biggest rival on our board. Just a hunch. ;)

I believe two things will happen, Louisville will see the stiffest defense it has seen all year and Clemson will see the best Offense it has seen this season.

Clemson has limited teams to 400 yards or below and Louisville can put up yards quickly. Something has to give here. Florida state has had Clemsons number and for us to perform well against FSU leads me to believe our kids will not have stage fright and perform on offense.

If Clemson can not hold our offense in check, we will have great success that they can not match offensively because the Louisville defense is under rated.

I will add that the clemson running game has been a non factir in its first few games, but choice is a quality back. I look for the Louisville offense to be prepared for a tough test, but also for the Louisville defense to make a statement.

I believe we beat clemson 63-28 and for Lamar to have 6 touchdowns.

I believe two things will happen, Louisville will see the stiffest defense it has seen all year and Clemson will see the best Offense it has seen this season.

Clemson has limited teams to 400 yards or below and Louisville can put up yards quickly. Something has to give here. Florida state has had Clemsons number and for us to perform well against FSU leads me to believe our kids will not have stage fright and perform on offense.

If Clemson can not hold our offense in check, we will have great success that they can not match offensively because the Louisville defense is under rated.

I will add that the clemson running game has been a non factir in its first few games, but choice is a quality back. I look for the Louisville offense to be prepared for a tough test, but also for the Louisville defense to make a statement.

I believe we beat clemson 63-28 and for Lamar to have 6 touchdowns.

LOL :):):):):):):)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT