ADVERTISEMENT

Heard that this week's LPT opponent has no starter taller than 6'-5"...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
Tennessee. But not to worry...they're coached by Rick Barnes.

And they wonder why the free world pokes fun at their basketball conference. Looks more like an Ivy League line-up.

(Did someone say "Super Bowl"?)

"Elite program", my a$$...

Heard some Scat fans say it's going to be a 'tough' game LoL.

Imagine what UofL's all time record would be , playing in that decrepit conference.

#2, #3 overall wins ?!

Reactions: Cue Card

Imagine what UofL's all time record would be , playing in that decrepit conference.

#2, #3 overall wins ?!
Not sure but I am sure of this much, UofK wouldn't be the only program caring about basketball in that conference if the Cards were a member of the SEC. Honestly, what other program gives two shakes about basketball other than UofK in the SEC?

I still have to pinch myself when I see the Cardinals playing in the ACC. The best college basketball conference on earth and the rest of the sports are pretty darn good too. It's really gratifying to belong to a conference that isn't a 1 trick pony.

Tennessee. But not to worry...they're coached by Rick Barnes.

And they wonder why the free world pokes fun at their basketball conference. Looks more like an Ivy League line-up.

(Did someone say "Super Bowl"?)

Keep starting threads like this and posting about the Cats, someone might accuse you of still having that "Little Brother" syndrome you are so fond of pointing out. ;)

Reactions: nccardfan
He's obsessed with the kitties. It's a fact. We just beat the #2 team in the country and most likely the fav to pull down the nets and he's starting posts about LPT's opponent.

Reactions: FinalFurlong

#2, #3 overall wins ?!

Wait a minute your complaining about the SEC being weak and you guys played in the Missouri Valley and Metro conference for decades until you finally got in the Big East and then the ACC here in the last 10 or so years.

Last edited:
Keep starting threads like this and posting about the Cats, someone might accuse you of still having that "Little Brother" syndrome you are so fond of pointing out. ;)

Or being guilty of just stating the facts and pointing out the truth.

Go Cards, Go ACC
L1C4

Wait a minute your complaining about the SEC being weak and you guys played in the Missouri Valley and Metro conference for decades until you finally got in the Big East and then the ACC here in the last 10 or so years.

Bobcat, this demonstrates just how unintelligent you are regarding college basketball history. In the 1960's and early 70's there were few if any conferences that could compare in strength to the Missouri Valley. Only after Cincinnati, Louisville, Memphis State and others left did it become a lower profile conference. Drake threw fear into any program in the country and even the UCLA respected.

As far as the Metro, it was the first TV basketball conference in the country (years before ESPN). The talent level (Cincinnati, Louisville, Memphis State, DePaul, Georgia Tech, Florida State, Virginia Tech) far exceeded anything produced in the SEC, SWC, BIG 8. Only conferences comparable were the ACC, Big 10 and Possibly the PAC 10 (Only because of UCLA).

Bobcat, I think your post goes back to the old proverb:

When you say nothing, people don't know what you don't know, but when you speak, everyone knows exactly what you don't know.

Study your history.

Go Cards, Go ACC
L1C4

U of L keeps moving to better conferences as power in the sport changes. LPT has rationalized STAYING IN the SEC is the right thing to do.

Slight difference.

Reactions: ACCCard
I don't need to play and beat LPT to prove I'm better...I already know that. The path forward is simply to ridicule and mock them at every opportunity.

You read nccardfan's mission statement by mistake.

Yes and in each of those conferences there were more national title team than the sec.

Until Arkansas joined and then Florida, no other team had any success,

Yes and in each of those conferences there were more national title team than the sec.

Until Arkansas joined and then Florida, no other team had any success,

You are crazy and just making stuff up. Go look at Mens Champions from the 60's on and see who the champions was. The SEC as a whole has more than any conference besides the ACC. No other conference was even close. If you want to look at the mid 90's to present then the numbers get even more in our favor with 6 titles. Don't just make stuff and hope it sticks lol.

You are crazy and just making stuff up. Go look at Mens Champions from the 60's on and see who the champions was. The SEC as a whole has more than any conference besides the ACC. No other conference was even close. If you want to look at the mid 90's to present then the numbers get even more in our favor with 6 titles. Don't just make stuff and hope it sticks lol.

I didn't stutter. Its why joe b wanted to join the ACC in the 80s.
$EC basketball is the equivalent to 1-AA in football.

Drake threw fear into any program in the country and even the UCLA respected.

Yeah, those 3 straight tournament appearances with 1 final four had all the blue bloods shaking. They did play UCLA a nice game in '69, but let's not act like they were a traditional powerhouse outside of a 3 year span.

Bragging about conferences is weak in football

You need to lecture your fellow blew fans, not us.
No you didn't stutter but you are making things up. Back up your original claim that every conference Louisville has been in since the 60's has won more titles than the SEC. Stats don't lie. The SEC has more titles than any conference not named the ACC over the last 4 decades. They have 3 different teams winning titles since the 90's with 2 of them winning multiple titles.

Wrong guy. I never stated that.

Reactions: Bobcat94
Don't worry. It is my understanding UK is joining the PAC next year. The PAC has agreed to pay UK $500M to bring their basketball championships with them so...it can be...the "Greatest Basketball Conference." News flash! 5 min after the agreement is signed all PAC schools will hold press conferences stating same! However, PAC schools will not schedule UK...because they don't have to beat UK...to know they are better. LOL!

Not only are you an idiotic uk fan, but you need to learn your history.

Yeah, those 3 straight tournament appearances with 1 final four had all the blue bloods shaking. They did play UCLA a nice game in '69, but let's not act like they were a traditional powerhouse outside of a 3 year span.

And sadly that is about the same amount of sec F4s outside uk at the time. You guys are just stupid.

3 year span. like Florida?

Almost Every champion 60-75 was UCLA... .are

Them midgets could play!!

(Anyone know how many crap losses this makes?)

Yeah one less than there should be...
So U of L should have been another "crap loss"?

Does your brain just go offline occasionally, or are you on government assistance? :confused:

Last edited:
This thread turned into a train wreck. Let me get you back on the track. The venue here is called RIVALS! Posting about your RIVAL is probably expected? Also, coming on your RIVALS message board and trying to say when they talk about you they are obsessed with you? The irony seems to escape you!? Lastly, I though the YUM Center was going to be closed by now?

So I take it by reading some of these threads this morning that UofK played and lost last night. Didn't even know they were playing.

Guess I need to go look at the box score to see what happened.

Reactions: WKCard
No they didn't lose , the referees just screwed them again.

After looking at the box score, I can see how UofK fans would use that excuse. The free throw line is where UT won the game. 30 of 34 is a great free throw percentage. UofK hit 18 of 23 which isn't bad either. Getting outscored by 12 from the charity stripe and losing by 7 pretty much sums it up.

7e93e2900de316e21272c36d136621f3.jpg

After looking at the box score, I can see how UofK fans would use that excuse. The free throw line is where UT won the game. 30 of 34 is a great free throw percentage. UofK hit 18 of 23 which isn't bad either. Getting outscored by 12 from the charity stripe and losing by 7 pretty much sums it up.
Not really . Tennessee shot 9-12 from the line in the final minute when UK was fouling on purpose. So up to that point UK had the advantage in free throws.

Not really . Tennessee shot 9-12 from the line in the final minute when UK was fouling on purpose. So up to that point UK had the advantage in free throws.
That works for me. I didn't see it. I was only looking at the box score. I don't care enough about UofK to watch them play when they're not playing UofL.

#2, #3 overall wins ?!
Nope. Just stop it. You guys played a lot of years in the Metro, and CUSA... Talk about bottom of the barrell. SEC is weak most years, but not Metro or CUSA weak.

Reactions: FinalFurlong
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT