ADVERTISEMENT

Hailey Van Lith To TCU

I wish her well. She’s not a WNBA player, so keep balling out in college while you can.

The saga of HVL will probably last just one more year, as her departure from UL was considered by most as “so totally unexpected”, and her high expectations at LSU were so disappointing. I think the majority of UL WBB fan’s subsequent interest in her career is at least in part based on her disrespect of Jeff and UL fans. Leaving was one thing, but the way she left was insulting to all of those who supported her through the bad as well as the good times.

i bet she switches teams a lot in the wnba too if she makes it. but hey, she's making a ton of money every time she transfers. it's a business now

You’re correct…I’m just not sure her brand is holding up that well.
i agree. she's chasing something and i think it's hurting her, she would have been better off staying and chucking up tons of shots here and scoring 20/game. her draft stock would be much higher, imho had she stuck it out here. but hindsight is 20/20 of course. had lsu won a title, things would have been different

Last edited:
I wish her well. She’s not a WNBA player, so keep balling in college while you can.
The saga of HVL will probably last just one more year, as her departure from UL was considered by most as “so totally unexpected”, and her high expectations at LSU were so disappointing. I think the majority of UL WBB fan’s subsequent interest in her career is at least in part based on her disrespect of Jeff and UL fans. Leaving was one thing, but the way she left was insulting to all of those who supported her through the bad as well as the good times.
Did she say anything, though, that was disrespectful to Jeff or to UofL? She gave generic answers like "I want to be pushed harder," stuff like that, but she said it with Mulkey beside her. She was propping up her then current coach, the one responsible for her minutes.

Maybe I missed something. I don't wish her ill will. If there is bad blood, it will eventually subside. She's a UofL degree holder. Her ties here are stronger than at LSU and TCU.

I wish her well. She’s not a WNBA player, so keep balling in college while you can.

Did she say anything, though, that was disrespectful to Jeff or to UofL? She gave generic answers like "I want to be pushed harder," stuff like that, but she said it with Mulkey beside her. She was propping up her then current coach, the one responsible for her minutes.

Maybe I missed something. I don't wish her ill will. If there is bad blood, it will eventually subside. She's a UofL degree holder. Her ties here are stronger than at LSU and TCU.
At the selection show she showed some legit disdain for the Cards when the bracket was revealed.

While truth is always a defense, the whole comment was dickish and unnecessary. Seems as though she got caught up / carried away with the vibe that lsu team put out.
I think, maybe, a part of her did not want to face her old team, thus being a little carried away. Oh, well. Y'all hate on her if you want.

I do not recall anyone using the word hate, or anyone suggesting that level of animosity towards her.

Kids make decisions, they say things and they receive a lot of positive attention at the schools they attend. It should not come as as surprise when criticism from media and fans follow their performances both on court as well as off.

She said she was transferring to a school that had a better fan base and better attendance. She also said she left because she was unhappy in Louisville.

Reactions: 2330859
Those around Jeff knew that it was all that he could do to resist defending UL fan support once he heard HVL’s departing comments.

I just don't think there's much left for fans. All the changes have put the game in an unrecognizable place and it's never going to be how it used to be.

That player/fan bond is only going to lessen moving forward. A lot of people were hoping Women's hoops could remain pure but it's not looking that way.

Maybe HVL is a "one off" with the personality noise that rubbed some people the wrong way, but she probably isn't. She took her best path to max her finances which is no different than anyone else that's playing now or even posting on these boards. Maybe she added on some comments that were disrespectful I'm not saying she didn't.

Just wait until UofL starts playing against former players. Maybe some former guys and gals will show respect and class, but maybe they won't. These are still young people having fun. Will BHH or somebody else give some L's down? I hope BHH shows class when we play I did appreciate his effort.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT