ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Tech...

ShortCreek

Three-Star Poster
Jul 17, 2008
I’m all for 2.0 to be replaced at season’s end but I had to chuckle at what GT did to Virginia Tech last night. And, with a freshman QB rushing for over 200 yards on FORTY CARRIES!

Doesn’t ease the pain of what they hung on us but I did have to laugh a bit. Been there, seen that!!!

Reactions: PushupMan
Hey, VT held them to ZERO passing completions. That's some D there.
Did they hold them to zero punts like we did?

I can’t understand why nobody can deal with that offense. You have to get your pad level low, just like in the old days, and not get driven back. This also ties up their linemen so they can’t get upfield. It’s basically goal line technique at the LOS

Reactions: Cards1261
Did they hold them to zero punts like we did?

I can’t understand why nobody can deal with that offense. You have to get your pad level low, just like in the old days, and not get driven back. This also ties up their linemen so they can’t get upfield. It’s basically goal line technique at the LOS

It comes down to responsibility football. If one guy freelances and doesn’t stick to his job, a team that runs this offense knows how to gash you. If it was easy to stop, Paul Johnson wouldn’t still have a job. It’s especially tough when you only see it once a year and have a just a week to prepare for it.

No, GT sucks.

You gotta run the spread, West Coast offense to be any good today. That's what all the defenses are groomed
to stop.

Triple option is useless.

;):confused:o_O;);)

Reactions: gocds
It comes down to responsibility football. If one guy freelances and doesn’t stick to his job, a team that runs this offense knows how to gash you. If it was easy to stop, Paul Johnson wouldn’t still have a job. It’s especially tough when you only see it once a year and have a just a week to prepare for it.
The way they run it, it’s not much of the old triple option. Looks more like planned QB runs. A lot of power stuff. Their line uses a lot of cut blocks, but they also get a great push. Almost single wing in philosophy. BTW, VTs tackling was atrocious. So Bud Foster is a defensive genius?

The way they run it, it’s not much of the old triple option. Looks more like planned QB runs. A lot of power stuff. Their line uses a lot of cut blocks, but they also get a great push. Almost single wing in philosophy. BTW, VTs tackling was atrocious. So Bud Foster is a defensive genius?
It’s a variety of the wishbone that OU and Texas ran except one of the wings comes in motion meaning either misdirection or a running start.

No, GT sucks.

You gotta run the spread, West Coast offense to be any good today. That's what all the defenses are groomed
to stop.

Triple option is useless.

;):confused:o_O;);)

Sarcasm much? :p

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Playing GaTech is akin to getting a double root canal without any novacaine. Very painful and difficult to deal with.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT