ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: CARDS vs BC

I hope your wrong on Dennison we need some consistency on our coaching staff. Another change another system for the players to learn and here we go starting all over again.

I hope your wrong on Dennison we need some consistency on our coaching staff. Another change another system for the players to learn and here we go starting all over again.
And he’s been a good recruiter too has he not?

First time all year I thought the d went soft with the exception of Micah Bland NG who played virtually every snap.
Etheridge dogged it the entire game, should have been pulled. LB play was all around bad.

Reactions: rh62531
I don’t ever think that I have ever seen a team lose that didn’t have to punt....until now

Satt: " Been a frustrating year, going to continue to play young guys. "

Dennison was the guy many here said we should mortgage the ranch to keep.

LOL, great call by too many to name individually...

I thought he really wanted to in in Louisville because of his wife, who I thought is from Louisville. That’s why he came back from Oregon. You saying he cheated? Jeez.

Still waiting on you to provide the receipts on this one
Oh you mean the widespread hand wringing when Bad Bobby ran off Poor Kort to Oregon a few years ago? The young up-and-comer who could recruit the socks off of everyone else and a guy destined for coaching greatness? Is that the fanboy amnesia you’re referring to?

I heard the backstory but was missing the name. Looks like the kid had other priorities...LOL!!

Oh you mean the widespread hand wringing when Bad Bobby ran off Poor Kort to Oregon a few years ago? The young up-and-comer who could recruit the socks off of everyone else and a guy destined for coaching greatness? Is that the fanboy amnesia you’re referring to?

I heard the backstory but was missing the name. Looks like the kid had other priorities...LOL!!
Do you realize that back when he left for Oregon, he was one of the only coaches we had that anyone else would want? You’re still a zippy

I recall many went bonkers when came back because he was going to “kill it” in recruiting.

Still waiting ... and he’s leaving.

Seems we’re hard to recruit to. No matter who’s
doing the recruiting.

Reactions: zipp
I recall many went bonkers when came back because he was going to “kill it” in recruiting.

Still waiting ... and he’s leaving.

Seems we’re hard to recruit to. No matter who’s
doing the recruiting.
We're currently ranked #22 on Rivals as a team class.

I see that and it doesn’t give me huge hope for contending for the ACC crown.

We have one (1) Four star recruit. T-Will’s son
The same amount as Syracuse.

uk has 2

I’m not big on stars but many are, and it apparent that the top “contenders” have a lot of them and some non-contenders

UNC has TEN 4s
Miami? Loaded
We won’t even talk abou Clemson.

Its VERY tough to recruit to Louisville no matter who’s doing it.

After you get past the “traditional” top twenty recruiting schools it seems there are about 20 more tied for 21st.

uk has 2

I’m not big on stars but many are, and it apparent that the top “contenders” have a lot of them and some non-contenders

UNC has TEN 4s
Miami? Loaded

After you get past the “traditional” top twenty recruiting schools it seems there are about 20 more tied for 21st.
Ok, but you were going on about Cort Dennison not upping the recruiting. Getting a top 20-30 class for us is the start. If you compare us to Clemson, FSU, & Miami then we'll always fail. But the class we have now is how you get started to competing with bigger schools. 1 4 star does not mean crap. Most schools build with high rated 3 stars. And lets be real, Lamar wasn't a 5 star, so obviously that system isn't the be all end all.

It's hard to recruit here. We are in a bad football state for talent and share it with another Power 5 school. We were 2-10 just 2 years ago. We were in the AAC just 7 years ago & CUSA 15 years ago. It takes time to build, but we've always risen to the challenge.

uk has 2

UNC has TEN 4s
Miami? Loaded

Yet Tennessee is perennially ranked in the top 10 in recruiting and every year they stink. Wisconsin isn’t ranked in the top 20 but they compete for a B1G title every year. What about Indiana this year? Top 10 class? Nope. If these player fit what the coaches want to do, then it’s a good class. Give them a chance to develop with this staff.

Reactions: Mayoman
Yet Tennessee is perennially ranked in the top 10 in recruiting and every year they stink. Wisconsin isn’t ranked in the top 20 but they compete for a B1G title every year. What about Indiana this year? Top 10 class? Nope. If these player fit what the coaches want to do, then it’s a good class. Give them a chance to develop with this staff.
Totally agree. Been here supporting for 36 years.

Just don’t think this approach will work to be a consistent top 20 performer.

We need a lot more Joe’s

Hopefully we get them

Do you realize that back when he left for Oregon, he was one of the only coaches we had that anyone else would want? You’re still a zippy
"Back when he left for Oregon" is another example of fans not knowing what they're talking about. The kid never stopped being a kid...

We've had several recruiting classes ranked higher than one ever has--a month or two before signing day.
...you were going on about Cort Dennison not upping the recruiting. Getting a top 20-30 class for us is the start...
We haven't closed on a "top 20-30" class yet. And it doesn't appear that Dennison is gonna get many more chances...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT