ADVERTISEMENT

FSU QB Jameis Winston Declares for the NFL Draft

If you think Teddy was needlessly picked apart during his workouts, etc., just wait and see what they say about Winston. It's going to be full on character assassination.

2 thoughts: 1). I never would've guessed that Cam Newton is the most successful active former Heisman winning QB in terms of winning %.. 2). I'll bet the FSU athletic department is relieved. Winston has been a PR nightmare.

Originally posted by beantowncard:
I am absolutely, positively shocked by this development.
Me too.
wink.r191677.gif

I agree with someone on ESPN today that said that Winston might mature more trying to make it in the NFL than to stay in Tallahassee (where he has been enabled). I agree, too, when an NFL analyst said that Winston would probably benefit to be on a team that had experienced leaders. Winston's problems have been primarily off the field.

Heard this week that the woman that accused Winston of rape has a law suit against FSU. I wonder if this affected Winston's decision at all? I don't think he would benefit by another year at FSU. Too, his draft stock is about as high as it would get. Even with the problems, I think Jimbo Fisher would rather have him back for another year.

While he can force some passes, he's one of the best drop back quarterbacks I've seen for awhile. I hope whoever drafts him has a system and people in place to develop him. Shows, too, how few Heisman trophy winners succeed at the NFL level.

Nole here..

It seems he wanted to stay but his family forced his hands. I think the school admin is relieved as they were not equipped to deal with people at the new york times camping out in tally. Jimbo Im sure told him that you can not pass up top half of first round money.

What people dont know is that he was pretty adamant on getting his degree and that he sees himself as a baseball player as much as a football player.

Additionally the family was motivated based on they way they were treated and the tings fans were yelling at JW on the road. The whole thing was getting way out of hand with the accusers lawyer aunt looking for $7M at every chance.

I would love for him to play in Tampa. Matt Barker would be forced to cover him... He is the guy who delivered the info packet on behalf of the accusers family to TMZ after the Oregon loss in 2013 and we slid into the national champ position.

He and her lawyer aunt are the scum of the earth.

Originally posted by Majestic Red:
I agree with one of the ESPN analysts in that JW should play as far away from Florida/Tampa Bay as possible.
Originally posted by Majestic Red:
I agree with one of the ESPN analysts in that JW should play as far away from Florida/Tampa Bay as possible.

Raiders? Can you say Jamarcus Russell?

JW is way more talented than JR, but the black hole is real.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT