ADVERTISEMENT

FSU Game

SpotHogCard

1250+
Mar 17, 2013
This game is going to be a lot tougher than I thought.

FSU plays LSU on Sept 4th then has a bye week before we play them. Even though it is a home game, I don't feel as good about this game as I did before I saw that.

Sept. 4LSU (Sunday)New Orleans, LA7:30 / ABC
Sept. 10Bye
Sept. 16@ Louisville (Fri)Louisville, KY7:30 / ESPN

The Open Date really doesn't concern me; this time of year I think competitive reps are critical so for us to have settled into a third consecutive game week is more important to us. In the end the game will be determined by the matchups within it and FSU has had demonstrable O line turnover. In fact that alone would probably be somewhat of a disadvantage to have the BYE...they really need game time for cohesion and that tilt down in Baton Rouge will tell us much about how much progress it has made.

We've gotten off to pretty fast starts the last couple times we've played them.

The Open Date really doesn't concern me; this time of year I think competitive reps are critical so for us to have settled into a third consecutive game week is more important to us. In the end the game will be determined by the matchups within it and FSU has had demonstrable O line turnover. In fact that alone would probably be somewhat of a disadvantage to have the BYE...they really need game time for cohesion and that tilt down in Baton Rouge will tell us much about how much progress it has made.

We've gotten off to pretty fast starts the last couple times we've played them.
LSU should demoralize them if they are the LSU of old.

This game is going to be a lot tougher than I thought.

FSU plays LSU on Sept 4th then has a bye week before we play them. Even though it is a home game, I don't feel as good about this game as I did before I saw that.

Sept. 4LSU (Sunday)New Orleans, LA7:30 / ABC
Sept. 10Bye
Sept. 16@ Louisville (Fri)Louisville, KY7:30 / ESPN

When Satterfield spoke to season tickets holders, he said he was very concerned about the first three games. We have late game vs Cuse, then short week (Friday) vs UCF and then play a FSU team coming off a bye.

Reactions: SpotHogCard
When Satterfield spoke to season tickets holders, he said he was very concerned about the first three games. We have late game vs Cuse, then short week (Friday) vs UCF and then play a FSU team coming off a bye.

My biggest concern is LSU puts a major ass whipping on them (likely) and they come into our game pissed off and having to prove something.

After last years game, UCF getting ready to put an a$$ whooping on us

FSU looks legit - fast and athletic. Sure tackling and a well thought out offensive scheme. UofL will have to find two more gears than they had last night to not get boat raced.

Reactions: maroon79
Gotta admit I was surprised by the uncharacteristic lack of fire last night, but Syracuse played out of their minds! That's the best they've looked in years.

If U of L finds its focus, we may see a totally different team next Friday night, and that is concerning to this UCF fan. I was in attendance at last year's game, and had breathed a sigh of relief when I THOUGHT we'd escape with a W...but then the unthinkable! That Pick 6 with mere seconds left was either a thing of beauty OR a dagger to the heart, depending on the colors one was wearing !

In Orlando, I'm expecting to see a Card team out to prove that Game 1 was an anomaly, and UCF should expect Louisville's best effort. Should be a great game!

Gotta admit I was surprised by the uncharacteristic lack of fire last night, but Syracuse played out of their minds! That's the best they've looked in years.

If U of L finds its focus, we may see a totally different team next Friday night, and that is concerning to this UCF fan. I was in attendance at last year's game, and had breathed a sigh of relief when I THOUGHT we'd escape with a W...but then the unthinkable! That Pick 6 with mere seconds left was either a thing of beauty OR a dagger to the heart, depending on the colors one was wearing !

In Orlando, I'm expecting to see a Card team out to prove that Game 1 was an anomaly, and UCF should expect Louisville's best effort. Should be a great game!
Syracuse played horrible lol.... they repeatedly shot them self’s in the foot and were bailed out with how bad we were. They should’ve had multiple drive killers due to penalties. That 3rd and 13 when Shrader took off and no one decided to tackle him was what the entire game was for us defensively. Don’t want to discredit Cuse... but they didn’t play that well and still thumped us. Which is concerning.

Reactions: SpotHogCard
Also after watching FSU tonight, we might be in some trouble. Like FSU last year trouble. Starting 0-3 looks like a serious possibility. Even if LSU comes back to win.

Syracuse played horrible lol.... they repeatedly shot them self’s in the foot and were bailed out with how bad we were. They should’ve had multiple drive killers due to penalties. That 3rd and 13 when Shrader took off and no one decided to tackle him was what the entire game was for us defensively. Don’t want to discredit Cuse... but they didn’t play that well and still thumped us. Which is concerning.
I guess I'm just used to seeing Syracuse folding in games. Whenever they are ahead, it's pretty noteworthy, so horrible or not, they seemed better than usual. Can't say they air many 'Cuse games in Knoxville. Mostly SEC stuff.

Reactions: 502Cards1
Early on team performance can be up and down. I would anticipate a more focused group on Friday. If they get smoked then they aren’t beating FSU.

The problem with relying on transfers they still have to learn schemes. They clearly weren’t playing fast and were out of position. Maybe that gets cleaned up but I doubt it. It was so bad I can’t imagine it improving.

I didn’t see many of the play makers we had last year in the game against Syracuse. I don’t remember Mitchell or Tooley in the game at all and Nershin Ford only touched the ball once. Those players know the system but weren’t in the game.

Do not be confused by those multiple 5 yard procedure penalties by the Syracuse offense; that was no reflection whatsoever on that team’s energy and preparation for Saturday’s contest.

UL‘s performance was horrible, no way to avoid that fact. However, as ill-prepared as we were, the Cuse had a great game plan from the start and their crowd and their roster were juiced from start to finish.

I cautioned pre-season that our opponents had the UK film, and any one on our schedule with a 6’3” 230 lb athletic QB remotely close to the stature of Will Levis, would exploit our 3-4 defense when running out of the pocket. Syracuse did a great job taking advantage of our DEs and LBs being out of position .

Go back and review the film, particularly the first offensive series where Schrader ran the the QB draw for a big gainer. What you will see is our NT driving deep into the right side of their OL protection ……. he was double-teamed, and advanced so far to the right side, that you could have driven the schools bus up the middle. Our right side DE had moved to the opposite side side, and not one of our 4 LBs were anywhere close to the middle of the LOS.

We were out-schemed the entire game.

Reactions: Mayoman
On the offensive end their passing game scheme is limited. It is totally reliant on the run game. The biggest issue is his offense hasn’t evolved in the ACC. You can tell by formation what they are going to do. It is either a run or deep pattern.

The interception in the end zone was a poorly designed play. The only way that corner is in the play is because there were only 2 receivers running routes. He was basically playing safety. The 1 receiver ran a crossing route which that corner could easily release to the actual safety. Presnap should of told everyone that play success rate was really low. Kid made a great play but play design allowed him to be there.

That probably works against a lesser opponents but in year 4 he has been scouted.

I want to see an upside, but as of right now, I see us getting curb stomped by UCF and FSU and an 0-3 start.

I would LOVE to be wrong....

• Wow
I want to see an upside, but as of right now, I see us getting curb stomped by UCF and FSU and an 0-3 start.

I would LOVE to be wrong....
I’m holding onto some hopefulness. Last year we got drubbed and bet UFC the next week. We also actually fought back in the second half of that game whereas we didn’t vs Cuse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT