ADVERTISEMENT

Frost is out at Nebraska

add him to the list of long line of coaches who were in awesome, dream, or perfect situations for them and they wanted more, as almost all do, and they couldn't handle the next step up. football and basketball both. a few have left our city and failed miserably

add him to the list of long line of coaches who were in awesome, dream, or perfect situations for them and they wanted more, as almost all do, and they couldn't handle the next step up. football and basketball both. a few have left our city and failed miserably
Would have loved to have kept Strong, with what he built on both sides of the ball. But Knowing what we know now, wouldn’t want him back. 2.0 coaches don’t seem to work.

A couple have left other cities, couldn’t handle the next step up, and failed miserably here in Louisville. 😬

YIKES three weeks equals $7.5MM....By firing Frost on Sept. 11, the Huskers are now required to pay him a hefty $15 million buyout. That sum would have been cut by 50% had Nebraska waited to fire Frost until Oct. 1.

• Haha
Reactions: Morgantown Card
It's hard to feel too bad for a 47 year old guy, getting that $$$ to walk! Poor Frost can live the life of a sultan with what he pocketed there over 4 years and now, this extra parting gift! Perhaps he could try to find solace in Aspen, South Beach, Tahoe.

I can't imagine being saddled with this grim dilemma!
Somebody’s still bitter… 😬

It's hard to feel too bad for a 47 year old guy, getting that $$$ to walk! Poor Frost can live the life of a sultan with what he pocketed there over 4 years and now, this extra parting gift! Perhaps he could try to find solace in Aspen, South Beach, Tahoe.

We know how you feel.

You and us live in the land of “we’ll never be blue bloods”.

Coaches use us to build resumes and move on.

MAYBE, if we get a winner, a P5 conference will stop that.

Maybe not

Last edited:

i agree. they failed as a coach. we all fail but they got PAID and failure is a lot easier to accept when you're family now has generational money. i've never once been sorry for any fired coach with a buyout, jealous actually, as they get to live large and most likely will get another chance, but at a smaller school. i mean heck, BP is still coaching, Frost will probably end up an nfl assistant

I saw his lake home in Nebraska and he is living the life of luxury already.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Mayoman
Stoops to Nebraska!
he'd be a prime example of leaving a perfect situation. he's got a massive contract already when he was only winning seven games. uk fans love football now. and no way uk could replace him. my bet is he's going to sign another extension this week or next. uk is #9 ranked. he deserves it. he's crushing us. crushing fl, and if he ever beats AL or GA wholly shit the state would implode into supernova territory of riotous partying. he's built it and would be stupid to leave. buuuhhhhhhht, they all want to win the title and his path could be easier thru big 10 but if uk has any boosters that believe in stoops they'll keep him there. honestly, what he has done there has been amazing and for the most part without a decent qb. but now they can throw deep and really stretch the field and they have a chance at only 1 loss this year.

Nebraska AD must have been under big pressure to cut him loose now. Why not wait until November to fire him? Seems to be making a bad season even worse.

he'd be a prime example of leaving a perfect situation. he's got a massive contract already when he was only winning seven games. uk fans love football now. and no way uk could replace him. my bet is he's going to sign another extension this week or next. uk is #9 ranked. he deserves it. he's crushing us. crushing fl, and if he ever beats AL or GA wholly shit the state would implode into supernova territory of riotous partying. he's built it and would be stupid to leave. buuuhhhhhhht, they all want to win the title and his path could be easier thru big 10 but if uk has any boosters that believe in stoops they'll keep him there. honestly, what he has done there has been amazing and for the most part without a decent qb. but now they can throw deep and really stretch the field and they have a chance at only 1 loss this year.
Bear Bryant Stoops I guess some schools FB standards have been so low that this is statue material
2013Kentucky2–100–87th (Eastern)
2014Kentucky5–72–66th (Eastern)
2015Kentucky5–72–6T–4th (Eastern)
2016Kentucky7–64–4T–2nd (Eastern)L TaxSlayer
2017Kentucky7–64–4T–3rd (Eastern)L Music City
2018Kentucky10–35–3T–2nd (Eastern)W Citrus1112
2019Kentucky8–53–5T–4th (Eastern)W Belk
2020Kentucky5–64–64th (Eastern)W Gator
2021Kentucky10–35–32nd (Eastern)W Citrus1518
2022Kentucky2–01–0(Eastern)
Kentucky:61–5330–45

Reactions: KozmasAgain
they should go 5-7 yearly in teh SEC no matter what, but that's progress he's made (thanks for proving my point with data facts as his record proves what he has done there and if one year he beats AL or GA they can win the SEC outright, whereas we have no chnace at anything in the near future) and as a louisville fan you;d take it 100% and twice on tuesdays. 2-10 then improved 3 games, then 2 more games, then 3 more to 10 total, dropped back to 8 wins, throw out the covid year and if they played non-con sched they'd beat us and others so would have been 7-6, then 10 wins again, and now 2-0 and top 10, all at a bball school so yeah, he is bear bryant stoops for the uk program.
and guess what, he was given a chance to build the program even after two 5-7 years adn now's he's top 10 so should say satt's gets two more years easily. and lastly, when was the last time we beat uk? he's won 4 straight bowl games. yes he's done as well or better than bear did considering time and league play. and he'll be the #1 choice for all job openings for awhile. i mean he's doing top 20 and top 30 recruiting at kentucky, a traditional bball school. that's darn impressive no matter who you are a fan of. btw here's our record post teddy, which is better us doing it against crappy acc except clemson or uk doing it against the best conference over the last decade?

12022ACC11.500010.0006.2014.70Scott Satterfield (1-1)
22021ACC670.462440.5004.032.88Scott Satterfield (6-7)First Responder Bowl-L
32020ACC470.364370.300-0.78-1.8718Scott Satterfield (4-7)
42019ACC850.615530.6253.092.55Scott Satterfield (8-5)Music City Bowl-W
52018ACC2100.167080.000-9.845.41Bobby Petrino (2-8), Lorenzo Ward (0-2)
62017ACC850.615440.5009.673.751614Bobby Petrino (8-5)TaxSlayer Bowl-L
72016ACC940.692710.87511.872.1019321Bobby Petrino (9-4)Citrus Bowl-L
82015ACC850.615530.6256.693.23Bobby Petrino (8-5)Music City Bowl-W
92014ACC940.6925

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
they should go 5-7 yearly in teh SEC no matter what, but that's progress he's made (thanks for proving my point with data facts as his record proves what he has done there and if one year he beats AL or GA they can win the SEC outright, whereas we have no chnace at anything in the near future) and as a louisville fan you;d take it 100% and twice on tuesdays. 2-10 then improved 3 games, then 2 more games, then 3 more to 10 total, dropped back to 8 wins, throw out the covid year and if they played non-con sched they'd beat us and others so would have been 7-6, then 10 wins again, and now 2-0 and top 10, all at a bball school so yeah, he is bear bryant stoops for the uk program.
and guess what, he was given a chance to build the program even after two 5-7 years adn now's he's top 10 so should say satt's gets two more years easily. and lastly, when was the last time we beat uk? he's won 4 straight bowl games. yes he's done as well or better than bear did considering time and league play. and he'll be the #1 choice for all job openings for awhile. i mean he's doing top 20 and top 30 recruiting at kentucky, a traditional bball school. that's darn impressive no matter who you are a fan of. btw here's our record post teddy, which is better us doing it against crappy acc except clemson or uk doing it against the best conference over the last decade?

12022ACC11.500010.0006.2014.70Scott Satterfield (1-1)
22021ACC670.462440.5004.032.88Scott Satterfield (6-7)First Responder Bowl-L
32020ACC470.364370.300-0.78-1.8718Scott Satterfield (4-7)
42019ACC850.615530.6253.092.55Scott Satterfield (8-5)Music City Bowl-W
52018ACC2100.167080.000-9.845.41Bobby Petrino (2-8), Lorenzo Ward (0-2)
62017ACC850.615440.5009.673.751614Bobby Petrino (8-5)TaxSlayer Bowl-L
72016ACC940.692710.87511.872.1019321Bobby Petrino (9-4)Citrus Bowl-L
82015ACC850.615530.6256.693.23Bobby Petrino (8-5)Music City Bowl-W
92014ACC940.6925
LOL he only looks good because Fl,Tenn,SC have been through coaches since hes been their and guess what besides TN as of late all those teams have won the conf even Mizz . Gues who aint Bear Bryant Stoops . With a losing conf record

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Not too mention guess who beat the Gators before Bear Bryant Stoops U of L.
We see how great your beloved Bear Bryant Stoops teams are when the SEC adds Tx and Ok .

Unless you playing in a major bowl those wins are nothing even the players now really dont want to play in them .

LOL he only looks good because Fl,Tenn,SC have been through coaches since hes been their and guess what besides TN as of late all those teams have won the conf even Mizz . Gues who aint Bear Bryant Stoops . With a losing conf record
Not trying to discredit him because he’s turn their program around for sure but only 2 programs on the SEC East have had their coaches for longer than 2 seasons and that’s Georgia and Kentucky. All of the other schools have been a revolving door and haven’t been relevant in the extent that the media likes to push the SEC as best conference. The West is stacked for sure but let’s not act like anyone is afraid of Vandy, Missouri, Florida, and SC. Tennessee is on their way back. I think SC will be at some point as well. The rest are TBD. It has been the perfect storm for Kentucky

Reactions: Mayoman and earsky
The issues at SC., Vandy, Missouri, UT and yes even UF …… UK cannot control what happens elsewhere. No one can minimize the improvement and the success that Stoops has brought to a perennial SEC doormat that UL had begun to dominate, prior to our own self destruction with Bobby‘s last couple of years.

Say what you will about UK and Stoops, but he did it the old fashion way …… large and talented offensive lineman and RBs who were content to run north and south as well as east and west. Stoops has personally been responsible for some of the most bone-headed mistakes that actually cost UK numerous games over his tenure, and witnessing a long snapper as recent as last week sending the ball into the end zone for a safety is another example of the bizarre events that continue to haunt UK a football. The difference is they have the physicality to overcome their mistakes.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
To each is own i will never give UK any credit. Only on a U of L forum do we belittle and complain about our own program . And heap praise on a fanbase and media that hate on us at every opportunity! You will never see any such nonsense written on KSR,Cats pause,Sea A blue ,etc .

I stand by what i think Stoops ain't done nothing but feast off other programs instabilty and still has yet to win the conf.

Did the Nebraska admin read the "If you were the AD what would you do thread" ???

Congrats to Frost he is now off the coaches hot seat.

You're going to take heat for this post, but honestly until Louisville beats them again (or at least stays competitive within 30 points) it is impossible to argue against what you are saying.

Meanwhile, losing to UK by 30+ is an annual tradition for Louisville and we just got smacked around by SYRACUSE (?!?!?!) like one of Katina's ho's. You're a fan like me we just have different ways of looking at things, but I really think it's silly to talk too much crap about a program that takes our lunch money daily while our coach whines about L's down in front of a national audience.

There are a lot of factors propping Stoops up but I feel like his teams rarely EVER have games like we did against Syracuse. His teams typically show up...yes they might blow it in the end because of a turnover or something but his teams always compete and always look ready to play. He's a great motivator and getting his teams "up" for games. I thought Florida was drastically overrated and actually thought UK was the better team but I thought UF would win because they're at home and even without his best offensive player and his QB playing "meh" he found a way to win.

I hate Stoops and UK football worse than I hate Cal and the basketball program but I'd kill if Satterfield had half of whatever it is Stoops has that ingratiates him to his players and makes his guys willing to run through a wall for him and prepares them week in and week out for games. He's also elevated the program with no QB....Levis is the first decent, actual QB they've had and still he raised UK from the basement of the SEC. I hate him but he's a light years better coach/developer/game planner/motivator etc than our guy and he's bashing our brains in on an annual basis so I'll just hold off on any smack talk.

Last edited:
Reactions: glassmanJ
Not trying to discredit him because he’s turn their program around for sure but only 2 programs on the SEC East have had their coaches for longer than 2 seasons and that’s Georgia and Kentucky. All of the other schools have been a revolving door and haven’t been relevant in the extent that the media likes to push the SEC as best conference. The West is stacked for sure but let’s not act like anyone is afraid of Vandy, Missouri, Florida, and SC. Tennessee is on their way back. I think SC will be at some point as well. The rest are TBD. It has been the perfect storm for Kentucky
and so has the acc and yet can't win there so it really doesn;t matte rthe reaosns you win, you simply won when otehrs didn't. every other coach in he sec had a chance to succeed with much better facilities, recruiting and boosters than uk football. i'm only speaking facts here.

To each is own i will never give UK any credit. Only on a U of L forum do we belittle and complain about our own program . And heap praise on a fanbase and media that hate on us at every opportunity! You will never see any such nonsense written on KSR,Cats pause,Sea A blue ,etc .

I stand by what i think Stoops ain't done nothing but feast off other programs instabilty and still has yet to win the conf.
that's fine but you're ignoring the truth. i give praise where praise it's do. that's being a good human and person. i don't care it if'ts my rival, i respect them. i'm a laker fan and hated larry bird but i'll praise him all day long as one of the greatest players. i'm a dodger fan and hate the SF giants but i'll praise bruce bochy and madison baumgardner. i praise cal for his recruiting but he sucks as a coach. so far, Stoops over the last 5 years has done nothing wrong except for not being able to recruit a top flight qb. this year he may have one.

that's fine but you're ignoring the truth. i give praise where praise it's do. that's being a good human and person. i don't care it if'ts my rival, i respect them. i'm a laker fan and hated larry bird but i'll praise him all day long as one of the greatest players. i'm a dodger fan and hate the SF giants but i'll praise bruce bochy and madison baumgardner. i praise cal for his recruiting but he sucks as a coach. so far, Stoops over the last 5 years has done nothing wrong except for not being able to recruit a top flight qb. this year he may have one.
OMG! Both a Lakers and Dodgers fan? I despise both of those as much or more than UK. Maybe you're from LA?

But I know what you're saying. I respect them but I can't stand them. I hate that Will Smith and Bobby Miller are Dodgers.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card

Right. UK used to need 8 home games and 3 cupcakes to get to bowl eligibility. Now they beat us by 30+ every year on their way to a 10 win season and a bowl game. You don't have to like them, I don't like them and I think some of their players are trash (which no one but rivals care about, let's be honest), but they have a Top 10 ranking while we lose to shit teams and our coach says aw shucks Mark don't do L's down it's mean.

• Haha
Reactions: Mayoman
Stoops to Nebraska!
I’d love to see it, but I don’t think they could afford him nor interested.
They just paid Frost $15 million 😳, and he was be paid $5mill per year
Stoops is already making more than that per year $6.75mill per, and that increases every year. Also, why would you leave a SEC school that their fans think is the next Bear Bryant 😆!

OMG! Both a Lakers and Dodgers fan? I despise both of those as much or more than UK. Maybe you're from LA?

But I know what you're saying. I respect them but I can't stand them. I hate that Will Smith and Bobby Miller are Dodgers.

Wayment, im a Lakers and Dodgers fan !

Arizona State fires Herm Edwards. That's two P5 schools being proactive. Meanwhile, Heird...
homer-ausente.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT