ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Friday Night Roundup

Ty Spalding

Owner/Publisher of CardinalSports.com
Aug 23, 2018
As everyone is well aware of by now, things are more than quiet. So whenever I get the slightest bit of information, I feel like it's worth passing along...

A few tidbits from a conversation today:

- I was told that Kenny Payne reached out to David Padgett's camp to gauge his interest in potentially having a role in the program. This would undoubtedly help bring the Pitino era back into the fold. I'm not sure how those talks have progressed, but thought it was interesting nonetheless.

- Another thing I was told is that Kenny Payne and Louisville are working on getting clarification on the rule of recruiting family members because both Milt and UofL feel like he would be best served in a non-assistant role. Ideally, they want him to be in a spot similar to what Bruiser Flint is in at Kentucky. This may explain the delay in hiring the third assistant coach.

- Also, if you haven't seen my posts on the PRB, I put in a FutureCast for DJ Wagner to Louisville. I feel even more confident that Louisville is in the driver's seat here. The NIL deal that is in the works is from outside of the city of Louisville, and it's specific to UofL, so in other words he only gets it if he comes here.

- On the Justin Perez hire: I feel like that will become official sooner rather than later. Folks around basketball continue to tell me that this is the most innovative/ ahead of the game hire from a college coach in recent memory.

Enjoy the weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News