ADVERTISEMENT

***Friday Louisville Athletics News & Notes

Ty Spalding

Owner/Publisher of CardinalSports.com
Aug 23, 2018
I wanted to make a post rounding up bits and pieces of info from a variety of topics --- recruiting, basketball, football, and all of the above...

MEN'S BASKETBALL

- I was told that the guys that are returning each had to make their pitch to KP as to why they should have a roster spot for next year, and they had to prove to KP that they want to be a part of this program.

- KP told the players that they had to earn their jersey, and it made him sick that they wore Louisville on their chest last year.

- The guys that are returning are the only guys that even had the opportunity to stay. Despite KP saying he would've preferred for them all to stay in a presser, that was very much not the case. KP had a very tough conversation with Dre Davis, and Davis really, really wanted to stay.

- I do believe that Milt Wagner will be the third assistant, and if that does happen, I will be putting in a FutureCast for DJ Wagner to Louisville. I don't have a name on the director of basketball operations, but as I said in another thread, I was told it's a young, well-connected, stud who is in their 20s. Kenny is keeping things VERY quiet as he openly said during today's presser, but that also has been reiterated to me by multiple sources.

- I do expect Devin Ree to commit to Louisville shortly after his visit this weekend. Ree is a four-star prospect in the 2022 class who was previously committed to LSU. He will be getting a big bump in the next rankings update.

- I was also told by someone in the athletic department that men's basketball ticket sales are doing very well, which shouldn't be overly surprising.

FOOTBALL

- As it's been talked about, I was told that there was simply nothing Louisville could do to keep Tyler Harrell from entering the portal. He was having conversations with other schools before Louisville even caught wind of it.

- As far as the transfer portal, I was told that Louisville is still hoping to add a nose tackle, a safety, and a wide receiver before the start of fall camp.

- I've talked about this on here before, but I continue to hear that Louisville is having a lot of success in the NIL area.

WOMEN'S BASKETBALL

-
Louisville signed 6-foot-2 Florida State transfer Morgan Jones out of the transfer portal today. Jones was First-Team All ACC and a member of the ACC All Defensive Team.

Have a good Easter weekend everybody.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News