ADVERTISEMENT

Friday, June 17 - Quick Hits ***

Howie Lindsey

Elite Member
Silver Member
May 29, 2001
Louisville, KY
www.cardinalsports.com
- President Ramsey just resigned: https://louisville.n.rivals.com/news/gov-bevin-says-pres-james-ramsey-will-resign

- This is HUGE news to our University community. Not necessarily good news, but definitely HUGE.

- What happens next could determine the future of Louisville athletics. No question.

- The University of Louisville is DRASTICALLY better because the leadership of James Ramsey. Everything improved. Louisville went from a commuter school with a 1,000 people on campus to major University in the company of greatness like Virginia and North Carolina. Incredible rise.

- That said, all the recent scandals seemed to mean there a change was inevitable. I’m shocked that Gov. Bevin disbanded the board, too.

- The University of Louisville MUST have a functioning Board of Trustees and MUST get a President who can continue Ramsey’s growth trajectory

- The difference between resignation and retirement could be millions for James Ramsey. That is likely what he and Bevin need to settle.

- Two of the candidates for future President I always heard both have strong Democratic ties. Will that matter to Bevin?

- Bevin is business-focused. He wants action and a “clean slate.” Two weeks to find all the new board candidates is not a long time.

- The presidency at UofL is an incredible opportunity. ACC partners, massive growth on campus, great athletics…

- I’m a BIG fan of Junior Bridgeman. If then end result of all this is Bridgeman with more control, I’m completely comfortable with that.

- There are some good people on the recently dissolved Board of Trustees. I’d like to see a few of them on the new board. There are also some blow-hards who did not have the University's best interest in mind, in my opinion.

- Tom Jurich in Colorado. Pitino and senior staff in Florida for Pitino's daughter's wedding. (Now former) Board of Trustees out of town. Everybody was out and then this bomb drops.

- I wonder how big of a hand going forward Hal Heiner might have at UofL? I've always been a fan of his and he was recently appointed to the council on higher ed. Hmm.

- As soon as I hear more, I'll post it here.

- What an incredibly big change at UofL. The ousted Board of Trustees are justifiably angry about the no notice. Bevin dropped this without many people knowing at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News