ADVERTISEMENT

Free throws: Pitt 12, Good Guys 0

Nothing ever changes on the road with this team. Every single road game has been the same. It's so predictable. The home team gets to shoot FT's every time they drive to the goal. How Pitino doesn't get teed up is amazing to me.

Nccardfan is right. We don't drive aggressive enough to get many calls. Lee is about the only one who really took it at the rim in the first half.

Most of our points have been scored inside. In fact, I don't think we have a 3-pointer yet. Where are you supposed to get your fouls called?? :rolleyes:

I see your point zipp. But we aren't driving wildly at the basket and just throwing our arms up. Most of our paint points are on post ups and great passing. Better?

How about like the 1st move of the game where the guard pumped fake Lewis into a foul
I saw twice where the foul was called very late. To me it's not about fouls not being called on Pitt, but almost every time they drive they get the whistle. The Cards are just not good enough to overcome stuff like this on the road.

We are just not as good as a defensive team as last year. Adel has been out of position a lot and onuaku and Johnson are getting beat on the dribble and fouling out of position.

We have drove the ball three times in the last few minutes and no whistles. It's totally one sided in this game. I just don't get it. Johnson's 4th foul looked like all ball. The FT numbers don't lie. There's no reason a shorter team like Pitt should have that much of a FT advantage.

Now 21-3 disparity.

I know a good thing when I see it...

I'm just saying I didn't see very many WTF? no calls. Yes they missed calls...I guess I've just come to accept that we don't get those calls at home so I don't expect to get them on the road.

Game was called fine. I saw bad 1 miss call and not surprised it was Lee driving. Snider, Mitchell, Lewis just do not try to draw contact to get to the line. Especially Snider. Nothing wrong with that but it's why they don't go to the line a whole lot. Pitt was not really physical at all. Refs can't just make up fouls because the other team is actually being fouled and going to the line. Open your eyes the cards foul a lot with the on ball pressure with hand checks but it pays off most the time the pressure really get's to some players. The ref argument is very tinted glasses anyways. We as fans literally over look the fouls that should be called on your team because it usually is gratification.

Game was called fine. I saw bad 1 miss call and not surprised it was Lee driving. Snider, Mitchell, Lewis just do not try to draw contact to get to the line. Especially Snider. Nothing wrong with that but it's why they don't go to the line a whole lot. Pitt was not really physical at all. Refs can't just make up fouls because the other team is actually being fouled and going to the line. Open your eyes the cards foul a lot with the on ball pressure with hand checks but it pays off most the time the pressure really get's to some players. The ref argument is very tinted glasses anyways. We as fans literally over look the fouls that should be called on your team because it usually is gratification.

Which SuCkS fan are you.
Shem mattie bangs?
grover?

Get lost............

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: zipp
Sorry but Dave is not far off. Pitt was more aggressive attacking the rim, out rebounded and at at times out hustled us. Because of the sub combinations, there were a lot of guys out of position, which resulted in fouling. I remember onuaku lecturing Adel twice for not rotating over quick enough, which led to fouls. I did not see onuaku or Johnson with any power moves at the rim, a couple of jump hooks. Plus we shot 16 threes, which means we settled for outside shots and stopped going inside when JJ got in foul trouble and Matz couldn't hit a basket from point blank range. Yeah the officiating wasn't great but it was partly our doing.

I can name at least one other call that was awful. The one where the bald headed ref standing 25 feet from the ball called a phantom call on Nanu after the Pitt guy lost the ball on the way up in the lane while Nanu was a foot from him with his hands straight up.

Rick kept asking him where the foul was. Dude had no business making that call.

I can name at least one other call that was awful. The one where the bald headed ref standing 25 feet from the ball called a phantom call on Nanu after the Pitt guy lost the ball on the way up in the lane while Nanu was a foot from him with his hands straight up.

Rick kept asking him where the foul was. Dude had no business making that call.
That guy is TERRIBLE - he has butchered about three games at the YUM this year. Consistently out of position, anticipates calls and seems confrontational with coaches.

Strike three - yer out!

I'm not usually a blame-the-refs fan, but I saw plenty of other contact plays that could have been called fouls.

That sort of FT shooting shortfall for the obviously better team is a travesty in officiating whether Pitino complains about it or not...

In a way, who the hell cares? At this point of the season, the refs from the ACC are finally getting up close and personal as to why Louisville is such a powerhouse program. We'll test the foul calls but we will also play a physical, if athletic style of ball under the hoops and on picks. We are unafraid to make mistakes with our hands - and it can cost us some fouling, but we also generate double the deflections of any club we play.

If anything, this disparity in foul business simply proves how much better we are. I don;lt know if it says anything else at all. Nor do I care. I actually think it may be an interesting badge of honor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT