ADVERTISEMENT

Former Cardinal, Nate Harris charged with armed robberies

Originally posted by jalovell23:

That is sad news for the guy. He was a great player, and even went on to play in the NFL in 2007.
It's not sad. It's pathetic and I personally hope he's locked away until he rots. I'm tired of people like him having the world at their feet with multiple opportunities to shine as human beings (with the realistic chance to make millions of dollars to play a game) only to piss it away because they're just bad people with no moral compass. Screw the idiot. He's dead to me.

Reactions: wilkie01
Damn don't sugar coat it like that Cue.
wink.r191677.gif

Kinda agree with Cue, he will forever be linked with the program. Former Louisville football player will always be the headline. A disgrace to the program. Lock him up if due process finds him guilty.

That is sad news for the guy. He was a great player, and even went on to play in the NFL in 2007.
It's funny. I randomly think about Harris, and now this. Pertrino Part 1 wasn't known as a player's coach. Harris, back then, used to rock the gold grills. Then, heading into his senior season, Petrino sat him down and discussed why Nate should go au naturale in the dental department. Nate obliged. I thought, good for him. He gets it... Not anymore, apparently.

Originally posted by CardX:

It's funny. I randomly think about Harris, and now this. Pertrino Part 1 wasn't known as a player's coach. Harris, back then, used to rock the gold grills. Then, heading into his senior season, Petrino sat him down and discussed why Nate should go au naturale in the dental department. Nate obliged. I thought, good for him. He gets it... Not anymore, apparently.
I remember that and I also remember when we beat Miami 31-7 in 2006 Petrino gave Nate a big hug when he came off the field towards the end and Nate was smiling from ear to ear. At that time I thought that it was a great story of how a young guy getting a 2nd chance in life rewarded the people who gave it to him and was very thankful. Nate grew up in the Liberty City area of Miami which is one of the worst areas in the country and was probably headed to prison if he stayed there.

Lots of guys never get the opportunity that he was given and he blew it. He is going where he belongs for awhile.

Who honestly cares? Why should it look bad on UofL that a player from 8 years ago committed a crime? It doesn't.....
Only foolish rival fans make these stupid claims. He's a grown man that is not at UofL. He made his choices and will pay for them.

Originally posted by dldinatl:

Only foolish rival fans make these stupid claims.
I agree, this is fodder for rival fans who honestly care more about making fun of a program than the suffering of the victims. Whether it's Ray Rice, Chad Johnson, or Nate Harris, there are real victims in these crimes and a football program isn't one of them.

Originally posted by dldinatl:
Who honestly cares? Why should it look bad on UofL that a player from 8 years ago committed a crime? It doesn't.....
Only foolish rival fans make these stupid claims. He's a grown man that is not at UofL. He made his choices and will pay for them.

Exactly. Fools need to look at the larger trends in society, not just a single case. This isn't more common among UofL graduates. It might be more common among football players than non-football players. The easy availability of arms might even contribute to this.

Originally posted by Cue Card:

It's not sad. It's pathetic and I personally hope he's locked away until he rots. I'm tired of people like him having the world at their feet with multiple opportunities to shine as human beings (with the realistic chance to make millions of dollars to play a game) only to piss it away because they're just bad people with no moral compass. Screw the idiot. He's dead to me.
Point of order: He was charged, not convicted. If he is convicted, I think that your post would likely be appropriate and agreeable at that time. Just keep in mind that guilt hasn't yet been determined.

It's not fodder for me. It's sad. All of the idiots breaking the law in college or after. UK or UL. They get a free education and yet don't try to utilize the opportunity and end up in jail and hurting those around them. That is all.

Whatever became of this? Did he get convicted/sentenced?

He plead guilty to multiple robbery charges and got 10 years. Unbelievably, it appears he got shock probation after 6 months. I say unbelievably because of the number of charges he plead to, plus other previous pleas for marijuana related charges.

Reactions: CardX and wilkie01
It's not fodder for me. It's sad. All of the idiots breaking the law in college or after. UK or UL. They get a free education and yet don't try to utilize the opportunity and end up in jail and hurting those around them. That is all.

There are some Ivy League guys with Wall Street, corporate and other good gigs who have had even these opportunities and wind up in prison. "Judgement" doesn't go hand in hand with education or other opportunities.

Lack of character, lack of morals, and the lack of God in thier lives are the cause of thier failures! Their level of education has nothing to do with thier crimes or sins!

Reactions: pervisl and SoulSr
Lack of character, lack of morals, and the lack of God in thier lives are the cause of thier failures! Their level of education has nothing to do with thier crimes or sins!

Lack of character, yes. Lack of morals, yes. However, I know countless people who either don't beleive in God or do not practice their religion and they are very nice, law abiding people. I also know many people who go to church every Sunday and think they are very religious who cheat on their spouses and do all kinds of untoward acts. God has nothing to do with this.

I would say that being dealt a really crummy hand as it relates to poverty was the biggest source of his personal failure.

...God has nothing to do with this.
I'm not a Bible thumper nor much of a participant in religious debate. But this has to be one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever read in this space. (And boy, there have been some doozies...)

Reactions: pervisl
My post was premature at the time I made it but as it turned out, he was guilty and as usual, he is another lost soul who got another big time break with shock probation after serving 6 months of 10 year sentence. He's still dead to me.

Reactions: CardFanBudMan
I would say that being dealt a really crummy hand as it relates to poverty was the biggest source of his personal failure.
So society forced his hand? Every person has to make a personal decision when determining right versus wrong. As mentioned concerning education it also applies to society. There are a whole lot of very privileged people who are corrupt, evil and in general just putzes.

So society forced his hand? Every person has to make a personal decision when determining right versus wrong. As mentioned concerning education it also applies to society. There are a whole lot of very privileged people who are corrupt, evil and in general just putzes.

Nothing forced his hand. But reality and statistics say that those born into poverty and chaos are pretty likely to perpetuate that negative cycle.

It's funny this should come up now cause after tonight a second chapter in this story of his has begun. Very sad story. Drugs make you do bad things.

It's funny this should come up now cause after tonight a second chapter in this story of his has begun. Very sad story. Drugs make you do bad things.

Not sure why you have to be so cryptic on matters of public record. He was arrested again for robbing 3 more hotels. This is not unexpected. It just boggles the mind why he was shocked to begin with considering the number of robberies and other offenses of which he had been charged and convicted. He should not have even been on the street.

Reactions: Cue Card
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT