ADVERTISEMENT

For those thinking we got outcoached tonight...

GoldCard

Three-Star Poster
Jun 13, 2001
Please tell me which team had more depth.

Please tell me which team has had higher recruiting rankings for the past 4/5 years.

Our coaching staff gambled on some plays and decisions and came out on the short end. I was pissed off at the time of most of those decisions, but looking back, I can't say I blame them for taking some chances. If a couple of those had worked, tonight would have been a different story.

Congratulations to Georgia. They will likely be in the Top 10 in the final rankings.

Let that sink in, those of you who want to jump all over this staff (and you are in the minority). Our coaches are in their first year of taking this team over and have had to deal with a lot of injuries and lack of depth all year.

9 WINS and recruiting is going well!

Nothing happened tonight to make me feel any worse about next year.

Doesnt the team that lose get outcoached ?

Had Bobby won, we'd all be saying how much better a HC he is than Richt.

Bobby is not a new coach. He has 8 years experience. He landed on damn near paradise, with fans welcoming
him back with open arms, a top notch defense, and a guy like Parker.

To win the ACC, and get to the o playoffs, he has to step his game up.

Despite the injuries, that still was an 11-1 team out there.

Bigtime programs dont make excuses. If we want to be bigtime in football, we hold the Coach accountable.

The buck stops with him. He was outcoached tonite.

Where to begin with the garbage you posted, Kerry? I don't know what team you watched this season.

1.) Had Bobby won, of course we'd be saying how much better he is at coaching than Richt. I'm here to tell you, in spite of the loss, Bobby is STILL a better coach than Richt. AGAIN, who has had the better recruiting rankings? Who was playing with two freshman at QB?

2.) He has not been coaching this Louisville team for 8 years. Paradise? This team had just lost 3 first round draft picks and other talented players (like Honey Mustard and Preston) when he arrived. You mention "a guy like Parker." Devante was missing for most of the season, and when he came back, who did we have to throw the ball to him?

3.) "To win the ACC, and get to the playoffs, he has to step his game up." Agreed. And he is. Check recruiting.

4.) Uh, what?! No, that was not an 11-1 team out there. That was a 9-3 team out there.
If you're saying the Cards should've been 11-1, then all I can say is it was Bobby and the staff that put is in position to be competitive in those 2 losses you think should've been wins.

5.) Excuses? These are facts that I laid out. Indesputable facts. Notice that you didn't dispute them.

6.) You're right. The buck does stop with him. That's why he's hitting the recruiting trail hard. That's why you can count on seeing an even better team next year.

7.)He was NOT outcoached TONIGHT. Again, see above. Which team has had better recruiting the last 4 to 5 years? Answer the question or shut up. Funny thing how having more talented players makes coaches look smarter.

Quit spewing your venom and look at the facts. Perhaps you should take a break for awhile.

Coaches don't over throw the ball and they don't miss tackles. UL had a good game plan and played with extra D in the box to stop the run that they knew was coming. Impressive outing by Georgia. Petrino did not get out-coached.

Thats fact son. Now you sound like the cal defeatist. " they have 20 NBA Players' were not posed to win. Boo hoo.

Whats with your reading comprehension. EIGHT YEARS HEAD COACHING. NOT 8 YEARS AT UofL. Along with many years
as an assistant , college and pro level.

They were missing Gurley most of the year. Still managed to win 10 games.
Cards missed Scooter for all but 3 games. Still won the title.
Cards lost Ware in the E8. Still won the title. Injuries are excuses.
Georgia lost their starting QB tonite, still managed to win.

That was an 11-1 team out there. You wont admit , so no one can chide ole Bobby boy right. He's not on the field, so it aint his fault.
Yet when he won the Orange Bowl, it was all about Bobby, Bobby, Bobby.

Bobby shat the bed, no matter how much you want to shield him.

Did Georgia tech have better players. I know Florida didnt. So that throws your recruiting excuse in the garbage.

Watch your mouth. You cant make me shut up to my face, then dont say it.

Here's one more note. UL defense thrives when the other team's offense throws the ball. Hell, you guys hold the leader in INT's in this season with Holliman. However, your strong secondary became a non factor when Chubb went wild and couldn't force them to throw. Petrino had it right. Just too many 3rd down misses on D and passes were under or over thrown when receivers were open with some of those set for big gains too.

Bobby made a Bad...VERY BAD decision to put Reggie in at QB...Any momentum we had with Kyle was lost in the second quarter...And we NEVER got it back...Georgia also ran several of the EXACT same plays over and over again on back to back plays and our defense didn't adjust to it...That's coaching!!!

Too many deep pass attempts and not enough quick slants or wheel routes out of the backfield in the passing game...And the fake punt was a BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD Call!!!

The players busted their @$$@$ out there but again they could not wrap up on tackles, and gave up WAY too many 3rd and long for first downs...which kept our defense on the field and they eventually got worn out!!!

Georgia had over 150 yards on just 3 (THREE) plays, and those 3 plays lead to 21 points...Those 21 points and the last TD where we had four players surround Chubb at the 10 yard line, yet he still scored totaled 28 points...We lost by 23 points...We had our chances!!!

smokin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by KerryRhodes:
Doesnt the team that lose get outcoached?....You can only say that conclusively if the two teams are evenly matched otherwise. Then, coaching is the only thing that can explain it.

I doubt Georgia and Louisville are very similar except for the coaches...

Originally posted by GoldCard:
Where to begin with the garbage you posted, Kerry? I don't know what team you watched this season.

1.) Had Bobby won, of course we'd be saying how much better he is at coaching than Richt. I'm here to tell you, in spite of the loss, Bobby is STILL a better coach than Richt. AGAIN, who has had the better recruiting rankings? Who was playing with two freshman at QB?

2.) He has not been coaching this Louisville team for 8 years. Paradise? This team had just lost 3 first round draft picks and other talented players (like Honey Mustard and Preston) when he arrived. You mention "a guy like Parker." Devante was missing for most of the season, and when he came back, who did we have to throw the ball to him?

3.) "To win the ACC, and get to the playoffs, he has to step his game up." Agreed. And he is. Check recruiting.

4.) Uh, what?! No, that was not an 11-1 team out there. That was a 9-3 team out there.
If you're saying the Cards should've been 11-1, then all I can say is it was Bobby and the staff that put is in position to be competitive in those 2 losses you think should've been wins.

5.) Excuses? These are facts that I laid out. Indesputable facts. Notice that you didn't dispute them.

6.) You're right. The buck does stop with him. That's why he's hitting the recruiting trail hard. That's why you can count on seeing an even better team next year.

7.)He was NOT outcoached TONIGHT. Again, see above. Which team has had better recruiting the last 4 to 5 years? Answer the question or shut up. Funny thing how having more talented players makes coaches look smarter.

Quit spewing your venom and look at the facts. Perhaps you should take a break for awhile.
Well stated, my man. Well stated !!!

Not out coached, used a third string quarterback with 3 quarters of experience against an elite team. What type of results did you expect? Georgia had to go to the pass and a gimmick offense to get going. Defense was on the field to long due to lack of offense.

I don't think it is clear that Petrino is a better coach than Richt. Richt's team are somewhat up and down but damn he has won some big games and has solid teams year in and year out. Don't think you can discredit him.

I WILL SAY IT, WE WERE OUTCOACHED!!!! I am sick of ppl defending this. We knew coming into the game UGA would run, run, and then continue to run. We should have overloaded the box and sold out to stop it. Their are times when you have to abandon your normal thoughts and maybe play two Defensive Tackles because they aren't going to run around you, Chubb was going between the tackles. Secondly PPl saying we don't have the depth are crazy, we have the depth, the one thing Charlie Strong did exceptionally was build depth, we just didnt use that depth to our advantage. Its mind boggling to hear ppl say that. Charlie recruited very well especially on the defensive side of the ball. Depth wasn't our issue. If you listen to Mount after the game he said we weren't ready we weren't focused and that is all on the coaching. He said guys weren't getting the signs and it was clear that our D, which has bailed us out so many times this year wasn't ready. I mean we dropped two wide open INT's had another go right by Holliman. I am not a fan of guys deciding to go PRO before the bowl game. At that point what do they have to play for ala Gaines and Holliman. You don't find too many Lorenzo Mauldins, who would give their leg to win!!! Gaines can pack his s$$t up right now and leave. Bring me Shaq Wiggins. I like Holliman but the kid was out of position a lot this year he just made a lot of picks. Sample is the guy I don't want to lose and we bring in Josh Harvey Clemons!!! I look forward to next year and seeing if Bobby learns from his mitakes, he never gets outclassed twice like this!!!

Oh wait, Kerry. You think Florida has inferior talent to Georgia? Seriously? Thanks for posting that. Now I know I'm wasting my time arguing with you.

For you other guys, I'm not saying our staff did everything right. They obviously mad some mistakes. But coaches make mistakes in every game; it just gets magnified when you're playing a team with elite talent.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Notre dame 61 four and five stars to UofL's 11 four and five stars. WHO won AT NOTRE DAME

Speaking of Florida, who had more talent in the Sugar bowl.............

stay on the porch
Originally posted by GoldCard:
Oh wait, Kerry. You think Florida has inferior talent to Georgia? Seriously? Thanks for posting that. Now I know I'm wasting my time arguing with you.

For you other guys, I'm not saying our staff did everything right. They obviously mad some mistakes. But coaches make mistakes in every game; it just gets magnified when you're playing a team with elite talent.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Put a Jameis Winston or a Teddy Bridgewater out there at QB for Louisville and that game would have looked totally different.

Petrino is a great coach

But too many, including UGA people dismiss Richt. There may be better play callers, but there is no one who is a better fundamental QB coach than Mark Richt. Remember that 4th down where our Freshman QB drew your d line off sides with a hard count? We do that frequently and have for years.
Also, UGA was not playing a deep experienced team. No Gurley, No Keith Marshall, No Leonard Floyd and of course 2 of our 2013 starting DB's are redshirting for you. Our 2 tailbacks are freshmen. Sanders, our freshman DB had 2 ints. 3 other freshmen started on d including one walk on.

We have recruited well, but we are far from full strength with a deep, experienced club.
Good luck next yr. Will be checking out JHC and Shaq.

Re: Petrino is a great coach

UL just doesn't have all the playmakers they need right now.

I think a few more years will be the better judge.

i get where KerryR is and as fans we all think "our team is the best/school/job/etc". can't jab at a fan like that. he may be the Cardinal bird guy we all see on TV. :)

Originally posted by vivid_red:
Not out coached, used a third string quarterback with 3 quarters of experience against an elite team. What type of results did you expect? Georgia had to go to the pass and a gimmick offense to get going. Defense was on the field to long due to lack of offense.
I think Petrino is a good coach, UGA had a backup qb who had taken about 20 snaps the last couple of drives the second quarter and last half. But what is this gimmick offense you are talking about, , we ran the same pro multiple set offense we have run for 14 years. We knew how slow Grantham was getting signals in, took advantage of that once, other than that play we didn't do anything we hadn't done all season.

Originally posted by SchmidtyNole:
Put a Jameis Winston or a Teddy Bridgewater out there at QB for Louisville and that game would have looked totally different.
I have to agree with that ^^^. There were a lot of throws that weren't even close. If those throws were even a little better; I have to think think it would have been a one score Georgia win.

Originally posted by SchmidtyNole:
Agree 100% we had receivers open all night and could not get them the ball. We handled the pass rush adequately

Originally posted by Grumpyolddawg:
...We knew how slow Grantham was getting signals in, took advantage of that once, other than that play we didn't do anything we hadn't done all season.Anyone ask where GBF (Grantham's Biggest Fan) has been since the season started? I was worried we pi$$ed him off or the mods had banned him.

Welcome back, Grumpy, but we ask all LPT board inhabitants to please shower if you plan to hang around.

LPT Football: Noticeable odor...

Originally posted by American Male:

Bobby made a Bad...VERY BAD decision to put Reggie in at QB...Any momentum we had with Kyle was lost in the second quarter...And we NEVER got it back...Georgia also ran several of the EXACT same plays over and over again on back to back plays and our defense didn't adjust to it...That's coaching!!!

Too many deep pass attempts and not enough quick slants or wheel routes out of the backfield in the passing game...And the fake punt was a BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD Call!!!

The players busted their @$$@$ out there but again they could not wrap up on tackles, and gave up WAY too many 3rd and long for first downs...which kept our defense on the field and they eventually got worn out!!!

Georgia had over 150 yards on just 3 (THREE) plays, and those 3 plays lead to 21 points...Those 21 points and the last TD where we had four players surround Chubb at the 10 yard line, yet he still scored totaled 28 points...We lost by 23 points...We had our chances!!!

smokin.r191677.gif
Three freaking plays.......and two of them on our AA safety, the other on the coaches. We could have had a lead, as inconsistently as our offense was, going into the 4th quarter. Our defense, without those 3 brain pi$$farts, was actually pretty solid against a tough Georgia team. They should have been in the playoffs. The Dawgs were much better than the west posers.

agree wholeheartedly!

plus there's a reason we recruited all the jc opine guys

very excited about next year
mk in sewall's point fl

We got out coached and outplayed. It happens sometimes when you play somebody who is very good.

Originally posted by PushupMan:
We got out coached and outplayed. It happens sometimes when you play somebody who is very good.
Lessons learned by CBP and staff I hope.....cause they got schooled by UGA.

The cards were definitely outplayed and out coached.....Oh well.....as Forrest Gump said "Shit happens". Time to pick up the bodies off the mat and get back to work.....weights, recruiting, watching film, refocusing the players and shedding some reality that some of them just aren't ready for the pros just yet.....much work needs to be done. The ACC just might be wide open now that FSU was brought back to the ground.
wink.r191677.gif
UofL needs to continue the precious journey on the road of destiny.....the only variable is time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT