ADVERTISEMENT

Finbaum interview with M. Jones didn't go the way UK fans thought it should

Wordless65

300+
Dec 9, 2013
Basically exposed Jones as a homer and his credibility as a journalist finally having him admit he would not be treating Calipari the way he is Pitino, also saying the whole fan base hates him and they should be grateful for his part in the restoration of their program.

Reactions: CatPhight
I'm on record as not hating anything UK related, but Matt Jones is the one UK homer-UofL hater that I truly dislike. I don't even need to explain why; his anti-all things UofL agenda is clear and obvious. Now, to his credit, Matt doesn't try to present himself as anything other than that. Having said that, Paul Finebaum is the 2nd national sports media outlet (ESPN being the other) to interview Matt in regards to UofL related issues. When they engage UofL's biggest rival and loudest critic for "discussion" of anything UofL related, they know they are going to get a terribly slanted and biased take. They do that purely for the ratings bump that anything anti-UofL causes BBN to bring to the table. There is no illusion of fair or balanced reporting under those circumstances. So, yes, it was nice to see Finebaum take him on and call out Jones as a huge homer, but he also knew that anti-UofL/UK homerism is exactly why they had Matt Jones on to begin with.

Last edited:
Finebaum didnt ask about the 10k for wall?
House for cousins family in lexghanistan?

Had to question how bledsoe graduated passing algebra 3 without passing algebra?!

anthony davis and the 200k !!!!!

skal labisierre and his mysterious grade transcripts?

I'm on record as not hating anything UK related, but Matt Jones is the one UK homer-UofL hater that I truly dislike. I don't even need to explain why; his anti-all things UofL agenda is clear and obvious. Now, to his credit, Matt doesn't try to present himself as anything other than that. Having said that, Paul Finebaum is the 2nd national sports media outlet (ESPN being the other) to interview Matt in regards to UofL related issues. When they engage UofL's biggest rival and loudest critic for "discussion" of anything UofL related, they know they are going to get a terribly slanted and biased take. They do that purely for the ratings bump that anything anti-UofL causes BBN to bring to the table. There is no illusion of fair or balanced reporting under those circumstances. So, yes, it was nice to see Finebaum take him on and call out Jones as a huge homer, but he also knew that anti-UofL/UK homerism is exactly why they had Matt Jones on.

So WHEN SuCkS gets caught cheating AGAIN, Howie is going on Espin and the finebaum show to discuss it rite ?

Why wait. Howie should interview the Emery delivery guy and chris mills father.

Ironic to listen to jones whine & insinuate that he's not being treated fairly in an interview.

He's clearly a guy, who rather than be honest about who he is with himself, drew franklin, that fat, ginger haired skank, and the rest of big hillbilly nation, has decided to spread his self-loathing and miserableness out into the world. No amount of money could ever be worth being the person that he is.

Last edited:
Are those 2 still alive Kerry?
Yes they are alive along with Eric Manuel whose career was ended for life, Dwayne Casey and Eric Bledsoe's Algebra 3's teacher.

Was it ever discovered who actually donated the 1000 dollars as it has been well documented these last few months that it couldn't have come from as assistant coach.

Finebaum didnt ask about the 10k for wall?
House for cousins family in lexghanistan?

Had to question how bledsoe graduated passing algebra 3 without passing algebra?!

anthony davis and the 200k !!!!!

skal labisierre and his mysterious grade transcripts?
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Skal never had a transcript question he graduated from one of the best private schools in the state of Tennessee. He was prevented from playing his senior year of basketball because of a state transfer rule forcing kids to sit out a year of athletics. Davis was thoroughly vetted by the NCAA and was not found to have ever accepted money. Wall had to sit out for a few games because his mentor and AAU coach funded one of his unofficial visits. Do you really think Cousins got a freaking house paid for?? These 5 star kids that commit to Cal are looked at under a microscope before they play college basketball. The NCAA would kill to pin recruiting violations on Cal more than any other coach in the game and you think he's dumb enough to buy houses and hand someone 200K?

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Skal never had a transcript question he graduated from one of the best private schools in the state of Tennessee. He was prevented from playing his senior year of basketball because of a state transfer rule forcing kids to sit out a year of athletics. Davis was thoroughly vetted by the NCAA and was not found to have ever accepted money. Wall had to sit out for a few games because his mentor and AAU coach funded one of his unofficial visits. Do you really think Cousins got a freaking house paid for?? These 5 star kids that commit to Cal are looked at under a microscope before they play college basketball. The NCAA would kill to pin recruiting violations on Cal more than any other coach in the game and you think he's dumb enough to buy houses and hand someone 200K?
Bledsoe?

Bledsoe?[/Q

Thats why he said that William Wesley known as World Wide Wes is the ambassador for Kentucky basketball;
If you want more info on the subject look for it yourself.A good starting place would be the 2012 championship game.Look who MKG and A.Davis jumped into the stands to hug as soon as the horn sounded.Thats right it was the Cal appointed ambassador to uofk basketball himself uncle Wes.Remember the T.Jones screw up when he committed to homestate Washington a few minutes later gets a call from WWW... hey dummy I said you were going to uofk,just for that screw up,your going to stay another year. Bottom line...its not that uofk is clean or its not that they are better at cheating. Truth is they put out more money to get the best and in the AAU circuit you do whatever William Wesley ask you to do.You really think that everyone wants to go to uofk or everyone wants to play for Cal? Sure they do

Hahahahaha!!! Head meet ass. Too funny!

Basically exposed Jones as a homer and his credibility as a journalist finally having him admit he would not be treating Calipari the way he is Pitino, also saying the whole fan base hates him and they should be grateful for his part in the restoration of their program.
LOL..anbody in KY that has running water realizes what a tool Matty bangs is.....

Reactions: KerryRhodes
There was absolutely some shady stuff that went on with Bledsoe in HIGH SCHOOL. He hadn't even been offered a scholarship when all of that happened. I'm not saying it's right but you also can't say that Kentucky had any connection to that stuff.

There was absolutely some shady stuff that went on with Bledsoe in HIGH SCHOOL. He hadn't even been offered a scholarship when all of that happened. I'm not saying it's right but you also can't say that Kentucky had any connection to that stuff.
Yes- Bledsoe had no idea he would be playing division one basketball. Cal seems to have a habit of having "no connection"

Reactions: BPGhost
i would assume your fans would completely understand how the no connection thing works right now. Bledsoe was a freshman in Cal's first class so it's pretty easy to prove we weren't recruiting him until his senior year.

i would assume your fans would completely understand how the no connection thing works right now. Bledsoe was a freshman in Cal's first class so it's pretty easy to prove we weren't recruiting him until his senior year.
Right, cal had no idea who he was. Interesting that Memphis had already offered him prior to cal leaving in March to become the yut coach. Bledsoe out of nowhere signed with uk less than two months later.

Just kismet I guess...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT