ADVERTISEMENT

Felton Spencer

abgoss96

One-Star Poster
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2022
Reported that Felton passed away today. Prayers to his family. Card Nation lost a good one today. RIP

Reactions: J_Lewis0117
Unfortunately it is true. Rest in peace Chief.

Posted by a family member on twitter
Tammy Pollock

@tammytpollock
·
8m

Replying to
@tammytpollock
Our family thanks them and everyone who participated in his care. We are proud of all he did on the court and in his personal life. He was a kind, gentle giant whose physical presence will be sorely missed. While we are heartbroken, we are comforted by your thoughts and prayers.

Tammy Pollock

@tammytpollock
·
11m

@AP

@wave3news

@WLKY

@WHAS11

@WDRBNews

@espn
Our beloved Felton Spencer - former
@uofl
basketball legend, retired 12 year NBA veteran and 6th pick in the 1990 NBA draft, and former assistant college coach - passed away peacefully this afternoon.

Tammy Pollock

@tammytpollock
·
10m

It was befitting that he received excellent care in his final hours from the providers at the University of Louisville Hospital, his Alma mater that he loved so dearly.

• Sad
Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
Condolences to the family and friends of Felton Spencer as well as to the Cardinal Nation fan base.
It is difficult to lose someone that you have watched, followed and cheered. 55 is awfully young.
God's peace to all.
Somewhere in the trove of HOF'er memorabilia in my daughter's family/sports room is an autographed photo of Felton from his Senior year that she values as much as any of the rest. We viewed Felton with respect as someone who never quit working in order to get better.

I will never forget Denny saying on a post-game show about having to re-introduce his 7 foot big man to Everick Sullivan and crew at the half.

RIP, Big Guy!

Reactions: earsky
Prayers and peace to his family and loved ones. I was starting high school as he was wrapping up. Very sad news. 😔

No disrespect to Felton but I remember watching him as a freshman in high school and he could barely run the length of the court. People were trying to compare him with Rex Chapman, skillwise at the time. He has to be the best example of someone who dedicated himself to hard work and effort to make himself a NBA player. But as great a player he was, he was an even better person. One of my favorite Cardinals! Big Chief!

• Love
Reactions: Morgantown Card
It's been a year or two, but I used to see Felton at Prospect Party Center. He worked for a distributorship, and was often there fixing a display or stocking the shelves. When I saw him, I'd always say "hey, Felton Spencer," while giving him the nod of respect. He'd just smile real big and say "thanks" or ask me how I was doing.

Heck of a nice guy. After the '86 championship, Felton represented a new wave, or next generation for UofL. He, Pervis, and LaBradford were the face of the program.

Rest easy, big fella.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sawyer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT