ADVERTISEMENT

Father of ex- Lousiville star was offered 100k by rival

Aug 14, 2011
Father of ex-Louisville star: I was offered $100K from rival

Interesting article. On the surface it appears the player mentioned is Donovan Mitchell. Looking back at his recruiting profile looks like he was down to Indiana, Villanova, UCONN and Memphis before finally choosing Louisville. Indiana could be the "big ten school" and Memphis could be the "rival" the dad is referencing.

https://247sports.com/Player/Donovan-Mitchell-35404?PlayerInstitution=59546

Either way it serves as further proof that what happened to Louisville is the tip of the iceberg.

Father of ex-Louisville star: I was offered $100K from rival

Interesting article. On the surface it appears the player mentioned is Donovan Mitchell. Looking back at his recruiting profile looks like he was down to Indiana, Villanova, UCONN and Memphis before finally choosing Louisville. Indiana could be the "big ten school" and Memphis could be the "rival" the dad is referencing.

https://247sports.com/Player/Donovan-Mitchell-35404?PlayerInstitution=59546

Either way it serves as further proof that what happened to Louisville is the tip of the iceberg.
I too thought it was DM. However this parent stated he had been financially struggling . I was lead to believe DMcame from very afluent class family in Conn. My thing is why haven't we heard WWW name and the Blue Blood schools with exception of us and Ariz nothing but nobody BB schools.

I have given up hope thinking any thing is going too come up with Uk,Duke,UNC or Kansas. I personally believe those 4 have have higher ups in the inside and will be shielded. However lets give up a Big dog or two Louisville and Ariz who are not in the alleged Blue blood club.

Reactions: Deeva
I disagree with you in regards to Louisville not being a basketball blue blood. Our basketball history is just as storied as Kansas but I am waiting with anticipation to see if this investigation involves some of the other schools you mentioned. I don't see how they could have an investigation that does not involve WWW.

I disagree with you in regards to Louisville not being a basketball blue blood. Our basketball history is just as storied as Kansas but I am waiting with anticipation to see if this investigation involves some of the other schools you mentioned. I don't see how they could have an investigation that does not involve WWW.
the alleged Blue blood club.

This thing will come in waves. We might not see much for a week or first of the year. It all depends on what they can get out of the ones in custody.

I think when it's all said and done, no schools receive any form of penalty from the NCAA, because the corruption will be so wide spread. They will be complicit, actually.

I think when it's all said and done, no schools receive any form of penalty from the NCAA, because the corruption will be so wide spread. They will be complicit, actually.
I was listening to a sports talk show on SirusXM and they said the exact same thing..

80-100 schools is less than 1/3 of D-1 basketball programs

Until the day UNC is punished, no school should cooperate with the NCAA

I don’t k ow what your waiting for but it won’t happen. UNC will not be punished like you think as this is not an NCAA issue and is an “extra benefits” case. The NCAA is currently trying to save face in the issue so I wouldn’t expect a hammer to come down if that’s what your expecting. NCAA will be destroyed in court if they do. UNC exposes the NCAA and honestly had classes that are very similar to classes that still are offered around the nation. People have not looked too much into the legality of this case and listen to many media outlets that do not have the proper information. With what’s going on now with the corruption of College BBall, UNC has a better stance now and women’s basketball might be punished but that’s prob it!

@Bison Golf

Kids took a class that didn't really exist because they needed eligibility help. If they didn't take that no show class they wouldn't have been eligible and might not have even been considered a full time student.

Reactions: wildcatcorner
@Bison Golf

Kids took a class that didn't really exist because they needed eligibility help. If they didn't take that no show class they wouldn't have been eligible and might not have even been considered a full time student.

If you read what is actually be charged and accused in the UNC case it is not about a class that didn’t exist?? It is about a “paper or easy” class steered towards athletes to remain eligible. Papers were handed in in the classes and that’s about it. What I am trying to say is that the NCAA has no leg to stand on in this case. These classes were offered to all students not just athletes. Actually more than half of the enrollees in these classes were not athletes. Sadly enough these classes also exist today in many of the power 5 school. They are disguised in many different ways (ie: “varsity football” at Tcu and NC State) in which students get credit for classes that require then to go to practice. Not saying what happened at UNC is right but the fact is that the NCAA would love to hammer them but k ow they cannot. They have drug this thing out and punished them that way with recruiting and bad PR. In regards to this new corruption scandal, UNC will also use it as even more leverage because NCAA has now proven they have lack of institutional control within the NCAA as a whole. Lack of institutional control is something UNC was already charged with by the COI.

If you read what is actually be charged and accused in the UNC case it is not about a class that didn’t exist?? It is about a “paper or easy” class steered towards athletes to remain eligible. Papers were handed in in the classes and that’s about it. What I am trying to say is that the NCAA has no leg to stand on in this case. These classes were offered to all students not just athletes. Actually more than half of the enrollees in these classes were not athletes. Sadly enough these classes also exist today in many of the power 5 school. They are disguised in many different ways (ie: “varsity football” at Tcu and NC State) in which students get credit for classes that require then to go to practice. Not saying what happened at UNC is right but the fact is that the NCAA would love to hammer them but k ow they cannot. They have drug this thing out and punished them that way with recruiting and bad PR. In regards to this new corruption scandal, UNC will also use it as even more leverage because NCAA has now proven they have lack of institutional control within the NCAA as a whole. Lack of institutional control is something UNC was already charged with by the COI.

That's bogus. The NCAA has punished schools for academic fraud. They just punished SMU last year for academic fraud. We have two players' transcripts that show what a joke this was. These were kids who didn't even show up to those classes and were failing before they got placed in these classes that were 80-90 percent filled with athletes.

No way should a school lose their banners because a kid took some cash and a gold chain while UNC keeps their banners and wins another title after having decades worth of academic fraud and letting guys like Will Graves live in Roy's house, running the Wheels for Heels program where Fats Thomas and his scummy girlfriend rented out cars for players.

Dirtiest program in all of college basketball and they haven't faced punishment like others would have already. Duke and UNC; two scum programs that are protected by the NCAA/ESPN.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT