ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Reporter Travis Haney Reporting...

73Card

1500+
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2006

frydaze
He was just a guest on SiriuxXM College Football a bit ago.

He said he's hearing that if UK loses to South Carolina tomorrow, UK might pull the trigger on Mark Stoops.

Haney was originally asked by the hosts (Geno Torretta was one of them) if either Les Miles or Gus Malzan could be fired during the regular season, and he said "no I don't either will be" but then went on to say what he did about UK and Stoops.

1 frydaze, Today at 7:33 PM

I'm torn on this. As much as I'd enjoy the total meltdown of uk football I don't want Stoops to be fired. I want him around for another year and for him to further take the program down. If things are going bad I'd like for that to continue as long as possible.

Well,I am thinking there may be some substance to these rumors. The Mods on the UK Rivalsl site are no longer deleting related threads/posts. A lot of folks posting that Mark violated the "Morality" clause of his contract and can be whacked "For Cause".

Well,I am thinking there may be some substance to these rumors. The Mods on the UK Rivalsl site are no longer deleting related threads/posts. A lot of folks posting that Mark violated the "Morality" clause of his contract and can be whacked "For Cause".
If so, they will have to find a squeaky clean coach or they'll get a huge lawsuit.

They just hire another guy.....then hamstring him too. Just like all the others before him.

They'll throw him a bone, talk about commitment to FB, then run off to watch BB practice and hope he can get em a Liberty Bowl.

Reactions: tkdcoach
It would seem that, whatever he is rumored to have done is only so egregious to invoke the morals clause if he loses tonight. If he wins, it's all ok. Very interesting. I guess that is what you can do when you are holier than thou....

Good point...

My guess is the ESPN reporter knows nothing about the rumored Stoops scandal, and probably isn't educated on UK's buyout clause either, and just made the story up the way most sports reporters do these days, without getting any real facts.

Reactions: 65bird
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT