ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t count these Lady Cards out; parity in this sport is ever-increasing

Four-Star Poster
Nov 28, 2002
#2 OSU beat us at home early in the season while they were playing “lights out”, but lost again today at home to unranked conference opponent Purdue for their 3rd consecutive loss. #1 ACC Duke is double digits behind at FSU late in the 3rd quarter, and also tied for #1 in the ACC, ND is locked in another close game at NCST.

UL WBB is not playing up to our expectations this season, but in part a result of so many other women college programs having improved with the transfer portal.

Just saying …… lots of basketball yet to be played and I believe it when Jeff says this is a very talented UL roster, and some of these ladies are just starting to step up their game.

Now in the 4th Duke is getting blown out by 24 to that same FSU team we beat there is 5 1/2 minutes left in the game.

Reactions: 2330859
Koz …. Let’s watch how ND finishes out, and how UNC ends up? This ACC is truly deep all the way down.

Duke and ND go down and UNC looks like they will pull out the win against Clemson. There is still a lot of basketball to
Play. If we can play like we did today and get better every game I like our chances.

Agree with all posters here, we can still finish strong. Lots of faith in Coach Walz and our team that they will figure this out. Even through some rocky games this year, the women battled. Harris coming on strong is a great development.

There is more parity than ever, I know that is a cliche but its true.

Good point ulcards1 ..............."the women battled". last Sunday at Syracuse was an interesting development for several reasons and I am not sure there was not a connection. Robinson at point guard, and witnessing the energy and enthusiasm from the rest of the team. I sensed more effort from everyone on the floor, and I think Robinson explains it. Everyone respects Makissa, as she is the natural leader by the unselfish play that she exhibits with more effort than any UL player before her.

Looking to see more of Robinson, Carr, Jones (if healthy), HVL and Harris at critical times when Jeff wants more speed and quickness. Duke plays 4 and 5 guards at the same time, and it presents defensive mis-matches for their opponents ....... something that Syracuse struggled with when Robinson, Jones and Carr were on the floor at the same time.

I thought Mykasa ran the point to perfection, she set the tempo by bringing the ball up court quickly. She set her teammates up for good shots. She didn’t drive the lane too deep and get trapped. I hope she can be consistent and if she can it could be a game changer.

I hate it when we are down by 5 with 2 minutes in the game and we walk the ball up court. The other thing we need to work on to improve our game is movement. When we inbound the ball not everyone is moving and when we do move it is like slow motion. The same thing when we are setting up our offense.

Reactions: 2330859
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT