ADVERTISEMENT

Does Sirmon keep his job after this week?

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
Was told last week in Tally that there is very little chance he is back next season. I have a feeling he could be canned after this game. He runs one of the most simplistic defenses I’ve ever seen at the collegiate level. Add into that a total lack of effort from his guys.

Ultimately this is the fault of Petrino because he can’t get along with defensive coaches.

Was told last week in Tally that there is very little chance he is back next season. I have a feeling he could be canned after this game. He runs one of the most simplistic defenses I’ve ever seen at the collegiate level. Add into that a total lack of effort from his guys.

Ultimately this is the fault of Petrino because he can’t get along with defensive coaches.
He is not good. Not even average. I don't know how he ever made it to this level of football as a coach.

I would go ahead and fire him at half time. We couldn't do any worse.

He is not good. Not even average. I don't know how he ever made it to this level of football as a coach.
Because he played defense in the nfl. That is all he has. And it’s not even enough. Just a guy who capitalized on talking himself up in sure.

We have a Heisman winning QB and still only put up 10 points in 30 minutes. LJ must be looking forward to the NFL draft. There is no freaking way he will even think about coming back for more of this garbage.

We have a Heisman winning QB and still only put up 10 points in 30 minutes. LJ must be looking forward to the NFL draft. There is no freaking way he will even think about coming back for more of this garbage.
He's not helping himself ether by holding onto the ball and not throwing it away - that's on Lamar not the O-Line.
He's not ready for the NFL, but the dude is gone none the less.

It is really hard to justify what happened today. They have been completely out played physically on both sides of the ball. This is a really bad team.

The defense is a train wreck. The real question is what DC is going to be willing to work for Petrino. The scary thing about this hire is that may have been his only option.

The last time Wake Forest scored 40+ points against a Power 5 team was against a lowly Duke team in September 2010.

Another low.

I am totally at a loss on how little football talent and IQ is on defense. This is the softest defense Louisville has had since Krag/Cooper. Then on top of that there is no speed....none. No speed/quickness throughout the entire defense.

What is really concerning at the beginning of the year Petrino said they had a lot of speed on defense. What in the world was he watching.

Reactions: H
He's not helping himself ether by holding onto the ball and not throwing it away - that's on Lamar not the O-Line.
He's not ready for the NFL, but the dude is gone none the less.

Can’t understand why LJ’s not getting better... oh yeah he’s being coach by a world class former QB. Wait a minute it’s some young dude whose never coached before and played QB at that power house Georgetown College. Sarcasm. I have a real problem with Nick Petrino going from never coaching to a QB coach at a P5 program. Does anyone else have an issue with that? I wonder how much he would improve under a experienced QB coach.

I don't think a change is coming either. I believe Petrino is all in with his decision to hire Sirmon. He is going live or die with him.

I am totally at a loss on how little football talent and IQ is on defense. This is the softest defense Louisville has had since Krag/Cooper. Then on top of that there is no speed....none. No speed/quickness throughout the entire defense.

What is really concerning at the beginning of the year Petrino said they had a lot of speed on defense. What in the world was he watching.

I’m not sure this is a talent issue I think this is a coaching issue. These guys were rated higher than our players that played the first 2 years in the ACC. And look how well they played.

Can’t understand why LJ’s not getting better... oh yeah he’s being coach by a world class former QB. Wait a minute it’s some young dude whose never coached before and played QB at that power house Georgetown College. Sarcasm. I have a real problem with Nick Petrino going from never coaching to a QB coach at a P5 program. Does anyone else have an issue with that? I wonder how much he would improve under a experienced QB coach.
His accuracy is better. Not complaining about that. I'm beyond exhausted by the lack of defense, and the decision making by Lamar at times is as bad as the D which gets put back in tough situations after a bonehead play.

Reactions: CardsFirst
His accuracy is better. Not complaining about that. I'm beyond exhausted by the lack of defense, and the decision making by Lamar at times is as bad as the D which gets put back in tough situations after a bonehead play.

I’m more upset at his decision making. I think a experienced QB coach would do wonders for him.

Reactions: Cue Card
This is becoming apparent. I still think Bobby cares a great deal but it seems he can’t get past his own way of rubbing people the wrong way.

I used to love seeing how well his teams were prepared come Gameday but lately he couldn’t inspire a Slapdick fan to skip a dentist visit.
LMAO!

Lamar is forced to put the whole offense on his shoulders. I feel bad for this kid - he wants to win so bad, and he has no help out there.

Lamar is forced to put the whole offense on his shoulders. I feel bad for this kid - he wants to win so bad, and he has no help out there.

This is true. I just hope he stays healthy.

NO MORE PETER

Reactions: BPGhost
It blows my mind that people can be complete failures at their job...and they get paid mega bucks when fired.

I think Bobby has been too focused on trying to make the offense work and is not involved in the defense as a HC should be. That’s the problem of having an OC as the HC.
The balance in philosophy is definitely not there. That’s what championship football is IMO.

BP is becoming June Jones.

It is really strange to listen to him talk. Last week when they did a really good job running the ball after the game he said he really didn't want to have to run it that much. He actually said you guys know how much I like to throw the ball. Today against a much better pass defense he decides to throw the ball all over the place. They didn't even try to establish the run. I remember how much he used to lean on the run.

I thought he could build a program but I am starting to wonder.

This team should have 1 loss. Wasting a once in lifetime talent in Lamar. I think Bobby's the dude but man, he has the wrong guy running the defense. If Coach Grantham is on the staff this team has 1 loss, no doubt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT