ADVERTISEMENT

Does nobody post here? Did Zipp destroy the place so bad that EVERYBODY pretty much has left?

Some time ago I switched over to 247. After a while, it started sucking so bad I came back over here, only to find a dead corpse. I don't know if Zipp is to blame, but this place is dead.

Reactions: the artist FKA zipp
More than likely, it's because I haven't posted on the football page as much lately... :cool:

But stick around... It's the offseason when I do some of my best work...

With basketball recruiting being under the radar for the most part and coaches unseen, not much to discuss. Spring game will add more chatter in less than 48 hours. Coach Walz is pursuing a couple more players. Should hear something in 7-10 days.

I do most of my posting during the season. No one watches enough spring practice to have any real insight into what’s going on. And the basketball is just too depressing to worry about in the off season.

Just my own opinion here, but I think the affect of NIL and the Portal are starting to show its consequences on fans most everywhere, including sites like this. I know when the MLB strike took place, I was one who just gave up entirely on Major League Baseball, and that was easy when seeing the decline in Cincinnati as I was a huge Reds fan for a long time. I have never returned.

I only enjoyed NBA when either a UL alumni (Griff, Wes, Junior), or whenever Larry Bird was playing against Magic Johnson, or seeing Michael Jordan ....... nothing now even when an ex-UL player is on TV.

I lost a lot of interest in the NFL until Lamar emerged with the Ravens; when he went out with the injury it was not nearly as appealing.

Moral of the story ....... some fans are like me, they see the evolution of professional sports migrate down into college and "it's just not the same". I diverted a lot of my interest towards UL Men's Baseball, UL Women's Volleyball and ACC Women's Basketball; but it appears they too are not immune to losing the amateur appeal as it is quickly becoming all about greed and money.

...some fans are like me, they see the evolution of professional sports migrate down into college and "it's just not the same". I diverted a lot of my interest towards UL Men's Baseball, UL Women's Volleyball and ACC Women's Basketball; but it appears they too are not immune to losing the amateur appeal as it is quickly becoming all about greed and money.
It's possible that women's college basketball will have a more pronounced effect from NIL than the men's sport for a couple reasons... Their college careers are generally longer, at least at this point. And their relative opportunities to make bank on their popularity and performance is skewed toward college a lot more.

Hard to believe, but someone like HVL may be making most of her basketball career money now. I kinda doubt she's got a long WNBA career ahead of her.

As you say, none of this portends well for guys like us who still enjoy an environment for college sports that has diminished if not disappeared entirely...

I think it's a lot of factors reducing traffic. UK trolls mucked up the board for yrs. Big mistake allowing the UK trolling. PH Card came in banned them all but by then some UofL posters tapped out. Negativity and hate gets old. People follow sports to get away from all that.

Then COVID casualties or natural causes. Sad. More options now. Twitter boom. The CFB and MCBB just are not winning enough. Fans follow winners. Without winning, it's mostly negative. Zipp probably ran a few off, I could see that too. Way to go Zipp.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldhamCard335
I think it's a lot of factors reducing traffic. UK trolls mucked up the board for yrs. Big mistake allowing the UK trolling. PH Card came in banned them all but by then some UofL posters tapped out. Negativity and hate gets old… Fans follow winners. Without winning, it's mostly negative. Zipp probably ran a few off, I could see that too. Way to go Zipp.
And some folks run from a fight.

Once PH Card left, it maybe wasn’t all sunshine and lollipops anymore…

Once PH Card left, it maybe wasn’t all sunshine and lollipops anymore…
It has never been that.

There was always fighting. Prior to her it was trolling on steroids too. But more importantly, there was winning. When the wins dried up the negativity came with. Which makes sense.

Now, as the OP has pointed out, it's more like crickets.

Most people follow sports for fun not negativity.

But maybe traffic will pick up when games start in the fall.

Reactions: Cardtillidie
It has never been that.

There was always fighting. Prior to her it was trolling on steroids too. But more importantly, there was winning. When the wins dried up the negativity came with. Which makes sense.

Now, as the OP has pointed out, it's more like crickets.

Most people follow sports for fun not negativity.

But maybe traffic will pick up when games start in the fall.
You have a much fonder memory of her than I do…

As a formerly active poster and moderator, it’s really difficult to please/keep all posters happy and posting. I feel like I received equally negative feedback from our posters complaining about trolls (and Zipp 😉) as I did from our posters complaining about me over policing (blacklisting or banning) other fanbase posters. TBH, I experienced as much, or more, difficulty in policing infighting between our own posters. It just became a really negative atmosphere all around. I blame Trump. 🤣 He normalized being openly douchey on social media. 😏

You have a much fonder memory of her than I do…
Perhaps the OP shall return and shed some light on to why he felt compelled to single you out.

As for PH Card she tried to eliminate trolling and rule breaking. As Steelers points out it's a thankless job. You may not have cared for her approach because she tried to reign in your redundant negativity. Unfortunately, I believe she is no longer here to weigh in.

Either way, you are a premium member and if the traffic is there, despite your existence, then the OP's theory that you run people off is probably dubunked!

I think life along with this situation is generally a two-way street. We know what our own opinions are. That’s it.

Nothing wrong with trying to clear out posters who are only here to cause trouble. Same applies to individuals here primarily to launch personal attacks and spread undocumented misinformation.

Plenty wrong with trying to silence opinions even when they’re stated and restated. That’s aiming for sunshine and lollipops, and it’s an approach usually rejected in the end even by those who support popular narratives. I always wanna see people who disagree with me get their chance to speak.

PH Card IMO doesn’t see the world like that…

Some time ago I switched over to 247. After a while, it started sucking so bad I came back over here, only to find a dead corpse. I don't know if Zipp is to blame, but this place is dead.
Typically when drunk idiots continue to crash the same parties, the attendees will find new venues, and the old venues die.

I think life along with this situation is generally a two-way street. We know what our own opinions are. That’s it.

Nothing wrong with trying to clear out posters who are only here to cause trouble. Same applies to individuals here primarily to launch personal attacks and spread undocumented misinformation.

Plenty wrong with trying to silence opinions even when they’re stated and restated. That’s aiming for sunshine and lollipops, and it’s an approach usually rejected in the end even by those who support popular narratives. I always wanna see people who disagree with me get their chance to speak.

PH Card IMO doesn’t see the world like that…
Let’s be accurate and honest. You stated and restated (and restated and restated), the same negative subjective opinion for the sole purpose of creating negativity (ie causing trouble) on this site. You did so out of seemingly endless spite for the “clown show’s” decision to fire Jurich amongst other things.

A moderator’s job is also to help move the conversation along when it gets redundant, stale and non-productive. That’s what you were bringing at that time and PHCard simply called you on it.

It’s odd that at a time when Cardinal Football interest is higher than it’s been since Lamar roamed this stadium, one would expect that this board would be lit up. There has to be an identifiable reason for this especially when the BB side stays pretty busy even tho KP is crashing that program.

I certainly hope than when we get closer to fall we’ll see more traffic here. And, if we can get out of the gate at maybe 4-0 this board should explode!

The last statement made me think….how long will it take Brohm’s win total to equal KP’s? My guess is 4 weeks into the season.

Let’s be accurate and honest. You stated and restated (and restated and restated), the same negative subjective opinion for the sole purpose of creating negativity (ie causing trouble) on this site. You did so out of seemingly endless spite for the “clown show’s” decision to fire Jurich amongst other things.

A moderator’s job is also to help move the conversation along when it gets redundant, stale and non-productive. That’s what you were bringing at that time and PHCard simply called you on it.
That’s your opinion along with hers. And apparently not the majority’s.

When you’re looking for the same worn out narrative, you’ll often find it. Maybe try not looking for it…

That’s your opinion along with hers. And apparently not the majority’s.

When you’re looking for the same worn out narrative, you’ll often find it. Maybe try not looking for it…
I'm not sure what you are using to support your contention that BP's opinion is not a majority opinion, and I doubt that there's much to back up your view there. Anyway, I share that same opinion.

Reactions: BPGhost
BTW, anybody hear from Cocoa? I miss his interesting punctuation and syntax. Has he quit in disgust? Hope not. It would be good to hear from the ol’ train conductor once in a while.

I'm not sure what you are using to support your contention that BP's opinion is not a majority opinion, and I doubt that there's much to back up your view there. Anyway, I share that same opinion.
The fact I'm here is some measure of proof.

And when someone states something, it's not my job to DIS-prove it in order to push back. At least, that's not how I usually present an argument or position.

If anything about me is obvious, state your position and provide evidence. And if it's obvious, that should be easy...

BTW, anybody hear from Cocoa? I miss his interesting punctuation and syntax. Has he quit in disgust? Hope not. It would be good to hear from the ol’ train conductor once in a while.
Seems like I remember him posting on the baseball board not too long ago 🤷‍♂️

ahhhhh, welcome to the Island of mIssfit toys...
I am wondering if you got kicked off TOS...
No, I just can't stomach the basketball board anymore, it's like who can now one up each other with inane spam, and apparently some of the political board refugees seemed to not be able to post without putting politics in their posts, so I don't post there anymore, much less even look at the board.

Now the spam posting is filtering to even the decent boards and baseball has imploded, so I wander over here sometimes. So need to wonder.

I think it's a lot of factors reducing traffic. UK trolls mucked up the board for yrs. Big mistake allowing the UK trolling. PH Card came in banned them all but by then some UofL posters tapped out. Negativity and hate gets old. People follow sports to get away from all that.

Then COVID casualties or natural causes. Sad. More options now. Twitter boom. The CFB and MCBB just are not winning enough. Fans follow winners. Without winning, it's mostly negative. Zipp probably ran a few off, I could see that too. Way to go Zipp.
That was also a reason i didn't come here for years. It got to the point of just being stupid with trolls and what was allowed. Nobody wants to see rivals come in and just wreck the boards and make them unreadable.

And yeah, he ran more that a few off. He's tried the act on TOS and people immediately pointed out who he was and his mo.

It’s odd that at a time when Cardinal Football interest is higher than it’s been since Lamar roamed this stadium, one would expect that this board would be lit up. There has to be an identifiable reason for this especially when the BB side stays pretty busy even tho KP is crashing that program.

I certainly hope than when we get closer to fall we’ll see more traffic here. And, if we can get out of the gate at maybe 4-0 this board should explode!

The last statement made me think….how long will it take Brohm’s win total to equal KP’s? My guess is 4 weeks into the season.
I think there are multiple reasons. People just tired of broken record agendas, our fan base is not massive enough to keep many different platforms busy if we aren't just rolling on the field/court, and one probably not thought of---

How many people that post here or TOS are under 35 as compared to over 50? How strong is our young fan base, and what avenues are they going to be active on? I really am hard pressed to remember a new poster that's even close to 25, much less younger, saying hello and getting active on these sites.

There are people that talk about the old boards and sites from over 20 years ago. I'm veryyyy close to that, myself. I've been around here or TOS for over 17 years now. Yeah, and has been mentioned, some people just walk away from board fights and anger, and move on with life and watch games and let it go at that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Porky Pigskin33
I think there are multiple reasons. People just tired of broken record agendas, our fan base is not massive enough to keep many different platforms busy if we aren't just rolling on the field/court, and one probably not thought of---

How many people that post here or TOS are under 35 as compared to over 50? How strong is our young fan base, and what avenues are they going to be active on? I really am hard pressed to remember a new poster that's even close to 25, much less younger, saying hello and getting active on these sites.

There are people that talk about the old boards and sites from over 20 years ago. I'm veryyyy close to that, myself. I've been around here or TOS for over 17 years now. Yeah, and has been mentioned, some people just walk away from board fights and anger, and move on with life and watch games and let it go at that.
Age is about the same on TOS. There are a handful of posters under the age of 40 over there. At least, that's what I see on the free boards. Maybe younger posters are on the pay boards, but I doubt it. My guess is younger fans are more likely to engage on TikTok.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT