ADVERTISEMENT

Dez Fitzpatrick set final Official Visit to Louisville..

Feb 19, 2003
Just put this out on his Twitter account...with Wiggins and now Fitzpatrick going to be a interesting Final Weekend...

On NSD on Wednesday when will Fitz make the announcement on where he'll be going? I hope it'll be before I leave for work.

Last edited:
Hey TPE, looks like you can scratch Wiggins. Cincy bound.
Hey Pike congrats on your Recruiting Bowl victories. But recruiting is not a sport. On the field you've got another ass kicking coming in 2016. We could recruit a roster full of grandmothers and we'll still own your ass. Scurry back to your own board and lunatics like jauk.

Hey Pike congrats on your Recruiting Bowl victories. But recruiting is not a sport. On the field you've got another ass kicking coming in 2016. We could recruit a roster full of grandmothers and we'll still own your ass. Scurry back to your own board and lunatics like jauk.

He did not know about Mullen in town this weekend on his own dime...one of the best CB in the nation. Was having a back and forth on the lair...and as I told him the one player I really want to add to this class happens to be a 2* on campus this wknd...Brian Lankford-Johnson the RB...Look at the tape...only 1 year of HS Football but over 1800 yards and 22 TD this year in Florida.

He did not know about Mullen in town this weekend on his own dime...one of the best CB in the nation. Was having a back and forth on the lair...and as I told him the one player I really want to add to this class happens to be a 2* on campus this wknd...Brian Lankford-Johnson the RB...Look at the tape...only 1 year of HS Football but over 1800 yards and 22 TD this year in Florida.

Mullen would be a great get. You guys havr any more stud football players that have relatives on team? : ) just playin..

Reactions: The Public Enemy
Mullen would be a great get. You guys havr any more stud football players that have relatives on team? : ) just playin..

This is what makes this time of year interesting...got a feeling Wednesday going to be wild especially here in the Commonwealth...but make no mistake still wish he could have kept Burns...very underrated player

This is what makes this time of year interesting...got a feeling Wednesday going to be wild especially here in the Commonwealth...but make no mistake still wish he could have kept Burns...very underrated player

Absolutely. Nice to see some big boy recruiting in the state. Have to win some in February to win big games in the fall.

Burns is the prototype dB these days..fast, athletic, and tall. Think he'll be legit. Mullens would be a nice swap though

Absolutely. Nice to see some big boy recruiting in the state. Have to win some in February to win big games in the fall.

Burns is the prototype dB these days..fast, athletic, and tall. Think he'll be legit. Mullens would be a nice swap though

Saw that Urban Meyer himself came down for Ohio State Final In Home visit to seal the deal...that why I'm don't get caught up that much into the Star System...a "quote" 5.5 3* player doesn't warrant that kind of attention...many times players don't do the camps and fall through the cracks...seen it way too many times with the players Louisville has gotten through out the years...some currently on the roster now like Jaylen Smith.

Saw that Urban Meyer himself came down for Ohio State Final In Home visit to seal the deal...that why I'm don't get caught up that much into the Star System...a "quote" 5.5 3* player doesn't warrant that kind of attention...many times players don't do the camps and fall through the cracks...seen it way too many times with the players Louisville has gotten through out the years...some currently on the roster now like Jaylen Smith.

Far from an exact science with recruiting and guys will consistently fall through the cracks. but much more often than not to compete st the highest levels consistently you have to bring in the recognized higher ranked recruits with strong offer lists

No real argument with that but with me once you get past the Top 10 in recruiting rankings 11 through 50 is razor thin and that when evaluation and development kick in

To put it another way: "Scoreboard."

Dez announces tomorrow mid-day. Filmed his commitment video with Bleacher Report prior to Louisville in-home and Louisville official.

Dez announces tomorrow mid-day. Filmed his commitment video with Bleacher Report prior to Louisville in-home and Louisville official.

Apparently, per Twitter, Fitzpatrick HAS recorded 4 different announcement videos, for the 4 schools (including Louisville) he is considering. According to Louisville recruiting sources, it's down to Louisville or Nebraska.

Dez Fitzpatrick's dad said son has pre-recorded 4 endings for a Bleacher Report commitment video

Last edited:
What I am saying is that, according to a conversation between analysts, Dez filmed his ONE commitment video last week prior to his visit. He did have a great time on his visit as we all know, however, at this point it seems as though it was Nebraska as the leader and Louisville needing to do enough in the last 2 days to sway him to re-commit following a de-commitment that directly resulted from his official to Nebraska in September. Would be tough for Louisville to make up 4+ months worth of ground in 2 days. Nothing has changed in regards to releasing his video and the timing of it. Will depend heavily on his family's input and the relationships that were built between coaching staffs and his family. Very bizarre recruitment nonetheless

He informed lead Nebraska recruiting analysts of his video last week which they posted to Twitter later that day.

What I am saying is that, according to a conversation between analysts, Dez filmed his ONE commitment video last week prior to his visit. He did have a great time on his visit as we all know, however, at this point it seems as though it was Nebraska as the leader and Louisville needing to do enough in the last 2 days to sway him to re-commit following a de-commitment that directly resulted from his official to Nebraska in September. Would be tough for Louisville to make up 4+ months worth of ground in 2 days. Nothing has changed in regards to releasing his video and the timing of it. Will depend heavily on his family's input and the relationships that were built between coaching staffs and his family. Very bizarre recruitment nonetheless

The below quotes from Dez's father comes from our local Louisvulle paper...this morning.

Greg Fitzpatrick said Desmond would make a final decision after the family meets Sunday night. His father said he thinks U of L and Nebraska are about even.

Waterford Mott High School will have an assembly at 2 p.m. for Fitzpatrick’s announcement, and it’s expected that his decision will first be publicized on a video by BleacherReport.com. Greg Fitzpatrick said his son has recorded four endings, including for both U of L and Nebraska, for Bleacher Report to use based on the final schools he’s been considering , and the family will tell the website which ending to use after the final decision is made Sunday

I realize that as I have read it. I am simply saying that it is known Nebraska was leading heading into this weekend and 4 months of ground to make up in 2 days worth of time will be tough. That's it. That's all. The only one who knows is Dez. Bottom line.

I realize that as I have read it. I am simply saying that it is known Nebraska was leading heading into this weekend and 4 months of ground to make up in 2 days worth of time will be tough. That's it. That's all. The only one who knows is Dez. Bottom line.

True dat. From what I have read, the indecision and decommitment from Louisville is a direct result of the emergence of Lamar Jackson doing so well running the read option offense. Dez originally committed based on the usual pro style Petrino offense. It's my understanding that the majority of this weekend's visit was to discuss what Dez's role would be and what offensive style Petrino would be running going forward. Who knows how that discussion went. I would love to get Dez, but WR is a position we are young and deep at.

Reactions: peister5
True dat. From what I have read, the indecision and decommitment from Louisville is a direct result of the emergence of Lamar Jackson doing so well running the read option offense. Dez originally committed based on the usual pro style Petrino offense. It's my understanding that the majority of this weekend's visit was to discuss what Dez's role would be and what offensive style Petrino would be running going forward. Who knows how that discussion went. I would love to get Dez, but WR is a position we are young and deep at.
Excellent thoughts sir! and to answer the aformentioned question, I believe that with Lamar's emergence in running situations, Louisville's current depth and their incoming class where their current WR commits are EXTREMELY UNDERRATED, I think Dez's best fit is at Nebraska. Star rating doesn't always have meaning and I think Louisville has better targets in their recruiting class already. IMO it's 80/20 Nebraska.

Reactions: Steelers2012
What is everyone gut telling them about Dez choice?
I would guess 80/20 in Nebraska's favor. Hard to beat Mike Riley and other factors involving that program in these toss up situations. Plus the Ville already has outstanding talent and great compliments at WR in this class who WANT ONLY TO PLAY FOR LOUISVILLE. Would be great addition, but don't see it panning out this late in the cycle.

He's Louisville bound!
Would be nice, but I don't see it happening. Nebraska is one of those schools that can just let a recruit walk on its campus and it sells itself. I have been there and if I were a recruit, it would be tough to say no if it came down to a 50/50 such as this.

This is what makes this time of year great...love seeing the interaction with Nebraska folks...from our end we have come a long ways to be competing with the Huskers for 4* Recruits. Regardless of Fitzpatrick decision he is going to a school in the Top half of a P5 Conference.

This is what makes this time of year great...love seeing the interaction with Nebraska folks...from our end we have come a long ways to be competing with the Huskers for 4* Recruits. Regardless of Fitzpatrick decision he is going to a school in the Top half of a P5 Conference.
Exactly! Both schools are wonderful decisions on his behalf.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
It is amusing watching the have nots fight over our SEC scraps. Bet these Nebraska fans are still mad as hell that their two best players transferred to Big Blue! Haha!!
Wonder when Nebraska is going to stop dodging UK. Seems like the whole Big 12 was afraid to play UK after we kicked in Oklahoma's teeth for the National Championship.

It is amusing watching the have nots fight over our SEC scraps. Bet these Nebraska fans are still mad as hell that their two best players transferred to Big Blue! Haha!!
Wonder when Nebraska is going to stop dodging UK. Seems like the whole Big 12 was afraid to play UK after we kicked in Oklahoma's teeth for the National Championship.
Awesome! The "Haha!!" Is pure gold. Homer - I'm a big fan!

Golly that was only 65 years ago. It just seems like yesterday!!

I would guess 80/20 in Nebraska's favor. Hard to beat Mike Riley and other factors involving that program in these toss up situations. Plus the Ville already has outstanding talent and great compliments at WR in this class who WANT ONLY TO PLAY FOR LOUISVILLE. Would be great addition, but don't see it panning out this late in the cycle.
"Hard to beat Mike Riley" who the heck is MIkeRiley?

Oh yeah, the old OSU coach, not that OSU, the other OSU.

When I think of a dominating offense with talented WR, I think of Mike Riley at Nebraska.

"Hard to beat Mike Riley" who the heck is MIkeRiley?

Oh yeah, the old OSU coach, not that OSU, the other OSU.

When I think of a dominating offense with talented WR, I think of Mike Riley at Nebraska.
I meant it is hard to beat him in a recruiting situation such as this. Read before you post. and it looks as tho Dez is with Louisville!

I meant it is hard to beat him in a recruiting situation such as this. Read before you post. and it looks as tho Dez is with Louisville!

Vague Twitter buzz in the last hour or so seems to indicate you may be right about Dez recommitting to Louisville. Do you hear something specific on your end?

It's early to tell as Coach McGee's tweet could be directed in regards to a few recruits, but Dez was supposed to call all of the coaches tonight and let them know and McGee seems happy.We will see tomorrow but, on my end, it seems as though this last visit flipped him back to Louisville. Nebraska gave it a hell of a run but in the end I think the initial commitment to LVille was the difference.

It's early to tell as Coach McGee's tweet could be directed in regards to a few recruits, but Dez was supposed to call all of the coaches tonight and let them know and McGee seems happy.We will see tomorrow but, on my end, it seems as though this last visit flipped him back to Louisville. Nebraska gave it a hell of a run but in the end I think the initial commitment to LVille was the difference.

We will all find out for sure tomorrow afternoon...but Thank you do stopping by...and Good Luck this Wednesday

Reactions: peister5

LoL! So you follow Coach McGee's Twitter too? Plus Dez Tweeted "see you soon" after his visit., and 247sports seemed to indicate they flipped their Crytal Ball prediction to Louisville. You know...all the usual iron clad, rock solid indicators. ;) That's my vague Dez buzz. Thanks for your contributions and info. We will all know for sure tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT