ADVERTISEMENT

Detmers named ACC Pitcher of the Week.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
D0RsVjYWwAEcQzi.jpg

Louisville’s Detmers tossed seven no-hit innings in Friday night’s series opener against Brown to set the tone for the Cardinals’ three-game sweep. The Chatham, Illinois, native allowed just one baserunner (a walk) in the 22 batters he faced and set a career high with 11 strikeouts.

Detmers mowed down the first 16 batters he faced before issuing a one-out walk in the sixth inning. The southpaw struck out the side in the second and fourth innings during a stretch of eight strikeouts in nine hitters.

D01etZhWwAIBbnR.jpg

He's named ACC Pitcher of the Week for the 2nd consecutive week. Kudos to the entire starting pitching rotation for their weekend performance: 22 innings, 33 strikeouts, 1 run.

He's named ACC Pitcher of the Week for the 2nd consecutive week. Kudos to the entire starting pitching rotation for their weekend performance: 22 innings, 33 strikeouts, 1 run.
Yeah,I thought they were great. Hoeing is a different guy if he becomes unpredictable with his sequence of pitches. If we can become a more potent offense...look out.

IF Hoeing is able to stay consistent and hold down the Sunday spot we are in REALLY great shape. He came
here with really high expectations and hasn’t been able to stay healthy and stay consistent on the mound. IF he can do both of these things this year this allows some really good arms to come out of the pen - Keirnan, Smiddy, McAvene, Miller, Elliot - to just name a few of the upper classmen.

IF Hoeing is able to stay consistent and hold down the Sunday spot we are in REALLY great shape. He came
here with really high expectations and hasn’t been able to stay healthy and stay consistent on the mound. IF he can do both of these things this year this allows some really good arms to come out of the pen - Keirnan, Smiddy, McAvene, Miller, Elliot - to just name a few of the upper classmen.
We get to see all hands on deck starting Friday with ACC opener against BC,then turn around and get Ole Miss here for 2 mid week. Should be interesting to see how the staff holds up with 5 games in 6 days.

I just hope we can have some decent weather.
Ha!! I've seen most of the 10 games on the current homestand. All I can say is thank the good Lord for Reid tonite. Me and the wife felt like popsicles by the 5th inning.
Detmers was fantastic again. Thank you Reid. After the marathon on Wednesday,you were a breath of fresh air.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT