ADVERTISEMENT

Decision Soon?

You don’t know what Heird is doing. The guy has zero personality. He’s an introvert by all appearances. If he’s talking to players now, it’s for the purpose of managing the Payne situation. As I said, that’s bad form…
He’s intense, but not an introvert. But what the hell does that matter anyways? Of course, all knowing Zipp knows what Heird is doing and is such an astute judge of personality and a person’s intentions.

Reactions: Smithereen
Well I can think of one who demonstrated it over and over again.

Heird has no credibility, so he has to be seen as consultative. He's checking off with everyone, covering all the bases. And if he was confident as well, he wouldn't have to do any of that.

Heird's an empty suit responsible for a big decision. And he gets no mentoring from anyone inside U of L administration who knows what they're doing, Unfortunately for him, there is no one...
St Tom was his mentor, correct? Then I agree he had no mentor. I don't argue that hes a suit, frankly I think most ADs are.
It doesn't take a genius, or even an imbecile to see that a change is beyond necessary now. The fact that you seem concerned with the "fallout" of firing an AA coach is disturbing, at a minimum.

The color of one's skin should play no more role in one's consideration for a position, than it should in one's consideration to be terminated from it. Right is right, and hiring, firing, or not firing him because of it are all equal mistakes.

You don’t know what Heird is doing. The guy has zero personality. He’s an introvert by all appearances. If he’s talking to players now, it’s for the purpose of managing the Payne situation. As I said, that’s bad form…
But I agree, discussing the situation with current players is definitely a bad look. I can't find a way to justify it.

I observe. Considering how he got the job and how athletics has performed the last 6+ years, I don’t assume a lightweight like Heird is making all the right moves…
Seriously Zipp, you ever even take notice of how many people are just sick of your constant bickering and high jacking of threads with your same dead horse arguments..

Good thing you have cocoa for backup. 😆

He’s intense, but not an introvert. But what the hell does that matter anyways? Of course, all knowing Zipp knows what Heird is doing and is such an astute judge of personality and a person’s intentions.
I watch the guy. What are you doing besides giving him a pass?

A pass for running an athletic department in steady decline on multiple fronts.

He's been in the job for exactly two years and been nothing more than a placeholder. U of L needs much, much more than that…

Seriously Zipp, you ever even take notice of how many people are just sick of your constant bickering and high jacking of threads with your same dead horse arguments..

Good thing you have cocoa for backup. 😆
Seriously, I’m tired of the parade of zipp haters who do little more than launch personal attacks. Try a new schtick.

And use the ignore feature for what it was designed to do. Funny how the haters never come back on that advice…

St Tom was his mentor, correct? Then I agree he had no mentor. I don't argue that hes a suit, frankly I think most ADs are.
It doesn't take a genius, or even an imbecile to see that a change is beyond necessary now. The fact that you seem concerned with the "fallout" of firing an AA coach is disturbing, at a minimum.

The color of one's skin should play no more role in one's consideration for a position, than it should in one's consideration to be terminated from it. Right is right, and hiring, firing, or not firing him because of it are all equal mistakes.
I can’t wait for Josh to start moving and shaking. Right now he does nothing. Let’s freaking see some action, a decision, just a press release…

Any thread where Zipp posts is ruined.
How would you know if you have me on ignore?

giphy.gif

I watch the guy. What are you doing besides giving him a pass?

A pass for running an athletic department in steady decline on multiple fronts.

He's been in the job for exactly two years and been nothing more than a placeholder. U of L needs much, much more than that…
What are doing except throwing stones at anything he does? You have no idea the context of the meeting. If you do know the context feel free to share it. According to you he met broadly regarding the coach”. Wanna expound on that?

What we do know is that Jurich would meet with players and Heird, like his former boss, meets with players.

Reactions: BPGhost
This is a very complex situation. He better be talking to all the stakeholders. Any move creates another move. You have no team without players. They better have a good feel for what the players are going to with whatever happens. If they want to play for KP let it play out. Firing him now against their wishes they could transfer today! The school has no leverage anymore.

The problem is the discussions occurred are being leaked by the staff. The Knox visit is beyond stupid at this point again timing of release is stupid. Some will believe it was just scheduled when it may of been scheduled for a while. At this point it looks like he is using the kid because there is zero chance of him coming to Louisville. It gives the appearance he has been recruiting which isn’t the case.

The staff isn’t going quietly. The Knox situation with Manning and Smith info being leaked about not being interested means a fight is on the way. Personally let them finish out the season. Let them get ripped by fans and media. It is very possible he will violate some part of the contract because he has no clue how to control his messaging.

By the time we reach rock bottom we will be on the other side of the planet.

Reactions: UofLouisville
First things first; the situation here at UL is clearly unprecedented. I am not sure there is another situation that remotely compares to what this University is experiencing right now. Perhaps the decline inside the Georgetown basketball program would qualify as a distant second, but no where close to the damage that we are seeing here.

As to any argument against a ”with cause termination“ of KP by Josh Heird, would prompt an outcry from the community …….. that train has left the station, evidenced by the overwhelming economic disaster that is affecting the University, the local businesses in and around the arena and the existing season ticket holders.

Those in our community who were responsible for having ushered KP into this position, lost any remaining credibility, and many of those who joined that effort, have since distanced themselves from further support of Payne.

If indeed there is any truth to the reports of a fight between Davis and Payne; it is imperative that Heird initiate an effort to obtain Payne’s resignation, or pursue his termination with cause immediately.

This has to be a joke. Who in this space is “unbiased?” Anyone who agrees with you?…
First, we’re not discussing other posters - the comment was referencing you so, no amount of deflection or whataboutism need apply.

Second, the comment was directed at your specific bias that leads all of your posts to the same canned preconceived opinion. You are literally the only poster on here who does so. Where others on here are attempting to have discussions, your only agenda is to hijack and derail threads by playing the same note over and over.

Its honestly a shame. Were you to let go of this weird manufactured animus towards anything and anyone employed by UofL’s athletic department post Jurich, you might actually be a good poster and not, the board pariah.

If indeed there is any truth to the reports of a fight between Davis and Payne; it is imperative that Heird initiate an effort to obtain Payne’s resignation, or pursue his termination with cause immediately.

I think this is why the messaging concerning the situation is disjointed. It is obvious something happened. KP is trying to protect the kid but the kid seems being baiting Payne. I doubt this is the last we have heard from Davis. Both KP said they couldn’t discuss which mean legal. KD said he couldn’t discuss it now which means legal. There may be nothing but unprecedented is happening a lot.

The SI article believes KP will be terminated after the Sunday game against Pepperdine. I believe it is accurate.

His contract specifies the “causes” for which he can be terminated. If one of them is terrible coaching, it will be the first contract I’ve seen with that language.

Deserving or not, he’s getting his buyout. More money that U of L doesn’t have…

First, we’re not discussing other posters - the comment was referencing you so, no amount of deflection or whataboutism need apply.

Second, the comment was directed at your specific bias that leads all of your posts to the same canned preconceived opinion. You are literally the only poster on here who does so. Where others on here are attempting to have discussions, your only agenda is to hijack and derail threads by playing the same note over and over.

Its honestly a shame. Were you to let go of this weird manufactured animus towards anything and anyone employed by UofL’s athletic department post Jurich, you might actually be a good poster and not, the board pariah.
Absolutely breaks my heart to read how much suffering the “board pariah” wreaks on everyone else. We’re talking about a poster whom most of his friends here can’t put on ignore to keep from missing what he says. Something a little psycho in his victims if you ask me.

Again, a criticism of bias on an internet message board is nothing short of comical…

What are doing except throwing stones at anything he does? You have no idea the context of the meeting. If you do know the context feel free to share it. According to you he met broadly regarding the coach”. Wanna expound on that?

What we do know is that Jurich would meet with players and Heird, like his former boss, meets with players.
Find me an example where Jurich met with players to discuss the employment status of a coach on the hot seat. With a reference please…

Absolutely breaks my heart to read how much suffering the “board pariah” wreaks on everyone else. We’re talking about a poster whom most of his friends here can’t put on ignore to keep from missing what he says. Something a little psycho in his victims if you ask me.

Again, a criticism of bias on an internet message board is nothing short of comical…
Of course it doesn’t - you revel in the attention. You must have died a little inside every day you were banned…

Perhaps but, you and your anti UofL agenda being called out rightfully helped lead to you being dismissed.

If it worked once…
I do not see any "anti UofL agenda".

So many of us want our once great University Athletics program back to great, as it was and should be.

I think we all know it's not great and arguably not even good, as compared to before. Now HOW we get back to great is, of course the area of disagreement.

Sheesh people quit taking your frustration and anger out on fellow fans who want the same thing as you!

Just pause and imagine for a minute that there are OTHER ideas about where we are today, what to do next and how/when we can get there.

If you just can't STAND someone's opinion then put those posters on ignore and move on! Life is too short to just make yourself miserable....our BB program is miserable enough as it is.

As I've said before, this board gets unreadable with all of the personal attacks.

I do not see any "anti UofL agenda".

So many of us want our once great University Athletics program back to great, as it was and should be.

I think we all know it's not great and arguably not even good, as compared to before. Now HOW we get back to great is, of course the area of disagreement.

Sheesh people quit taking your frustration and anger out on fellow fans who want the same thing as you!

Just pause and imagine for a minute that there are OTHER ideas about where we are today, what to do next and how/when we can get there.

If you just can't STAND someone's opinion then put those posters on ignore and move on! Life is too short to just make yourself miserable....our BB program is miserable enough as it is.

As I've said before, this board gets unreadable with all of the personal attacks.
Please feel free to take your own advice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT