ADVERTISEMENT

Decision Soon?

So you have to meet with players and decide after what the entire nation has witnessed on the floor. Sound like weakness to me.
Highly doubt many players are going to diss on a coach so easy to play for. Get beat and they get the next day off.
Heird is going to fail us imo.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
So you have to meet with players and decide after what the entire nation has witnessed on the floor. Sound like weakness to me.
Highly doubt many players are going to diss on a coach so easy to play for. Get beat and they get the next day off.
It’s called due diligence, or, at least the appearance of it. Dot those i’s and cross those t’s. Josh can’t act emotionally like us crazed maniacs.

Good thing your opinion is so reliably wrong.

I don’t recall a successful AD meeting with anyone except a one-on-one with his boss. Bad form…
This is absurd. Directors (especially successful ones) meet with direct reports, sometimes indirect reports, as well as a wide variety of people (donors, conference officials, university people, even local politicians) as necessary to do the job. As mentioned above, he would meet with players to get additional information regarding the program, as well as feeling them out for if they’d stay if KP was fired. Not bad form at all. Common sense.

Agreed. AD has to figure out a path out of this and it challenging with today’s transfer rules even more so with the court ruling. Multiple reasons to meet with them. One of the main question is who would the players play for assistant wise?

The bottom line that display the other night was unacceptable on various levels. The main one being they quit on KP.

Between throwing the players under the bus and threatening to boot them after the DePaul game and the cluster with Koron before last game its not a surprise they weren't motivated. And it wasn't his fault.

Reactions: Smithereen
If there is any truth in the rumors about Davis and Payne fighting; Heird has an opportunity to terminate with cause. Tough spot for any AD, but it takes a real leader to make those challenging decisions in order to be successful.

Reactions: redbirdies
Who is responsible for deleting threads because I can’t even post my comment before it isvdeketed

NO TOP QUALITY COACH will leave their job now during the middle of the season. UofL will be stuck with interim coach and then it will be interesting at the end of the season.

Reactions: pappy52
NO TOP QUALITY COACH will leave their job now during the middle of the season. UofL will be stuck with interim coach and then it will be interesting at the end of the season.
They may go after someone who's not currently coaching. I have no insider info, just pointing out the possibility.

Please list all successful ADs you have followed over the years and tell us everything they did during their tenures.
Well I can think of one who demonstrated it over and over again.

Heird has no credibility, so he has to be seen as consultative. He's checking off with everyone, covering all the bases. And if he was confident as well, he wouldn't have to do any of that.

Heird's an empty suit responsible for a big decision. And he gets no mentoring from anyone inside U of L administration who knows what they're doing, Unfortunately for him, there is no one...

Reactions: UKCoachesGraveyard
Exactly. That dude is broken. He's probably pissed off they may be trying to fix this.
This too. He's just throwing his food from his high chair and smearing his pooo against the wall. You know, the usual. His daddy went on vacation but didn't come back home. Sad.
Again, you're generally a better poster than this. I'm hoping for a recovery...

If there is any truth in the rumors about Davis and Payne fighting; Heird has an opportunity to terminate with cause. Tough spot for any AD, but it takes a real leader to make those challenging decisions in order to be successful.
Unless he totally $hits the bed, U of L is not going to try to rob Payne of his buyout as they give him the boot.

The community fallout's gonna be bad enough with an AA coach...

Reactions: earsky
So the absolute FACT that St Tom met with the players before hiring Bobby Petrino for his second stint here … that must obviously mean that St Tom didn’t know what he was doing.

I call BULLSH!T on that take. Of course you meet with the players to discuss Kenny Payne’s future coaching the team. Absolutely 100% irresponsible not to do so.

Well I can think of one who demonstrated it over and over again.

Heird has no credibility, so he has to be seen as consultative. He's checking off with everyone, covering all the bases. And if he was confident as well, he wouldn't have to do any of that.

Heird's an empty suit responsible for a big decision. And he gets no mentoring from anyone inside U of L administration who knows what they're doing, Unfortunately for him, there is no one...
To be accurate, your bias destroys any semblance of credibility you might have had when it comes to the AD department.

To refresh your memory, Heird was your idol TJ’s top assistant for about 10 years, then left to run Villanova’s athletic department. He’s faced with a difficult situation and will be judged accordingly but to suggest that he has no credibility is patently absurd.

Rather than admonish Hop about his posting - perhaps you should do a self evaluation about the nonsense that emanates from your keyboard.

who would coach this team mid season?
opponents know to play zone and do pick and roll on offense.
a new coach would have to reteach two big concepts mid season.
January schedule is brutal.

So the absolute FACT that St Tom met with the players before hiring Bobby Petrino for his second stint here … that must obviously mean that St Tom didn’t know what he was doing.

I call BULLSH!T on that take. Of course you meet with the players to discuss Kenny Payne’s future coaching the team. Absolutely 100% irresponsible not to do so.
A hiring process that makes national headlines (Petrino 2.0) isn't exactly your run-of-the-mill coaching hire.

It doesn't matter what you call him/it. Jurich was the guy who had the famous list in his pocket for all of his head coaches. And he generally did it fast and efficiently. That's not a take, it's a fact...

A hiring process that makes national headlines (Petrino 2.0) isn't exactly your run-of-the-mill coaching hire.

It doesn't matter what you call him/it. Jurich was the guy who had the famous list in his pocket for all of his head coaches. And he generally did it fast and efficiently. That's not a take, it's a fact...

That’s great. Just don’t criticize Heird for doing the EXACT same thing that we ALL praised Jurich for doing. That’s BULLSH!T, and that is also a fact.

...To refresh your memory, Heird was your idol TJ’s top assistant for about 10 years, then left to run Villanova’s athletic department. He’s faced with a difficult situation and will be judged accordingly but to suggest that he has no credibility is patently absurd.

Rather than admonish Hop about his posting - perhaps you should do a self evaluation about the nonsense that emanates from your keyboard.
The admonishment was about unprompted personal attacks. I don't have to get introspective when that's not my style.

Heird was not Jurich's top assistant. If he was, he would have never received a pat on the back on his way to Nova. Jurich describes Heird as an event planner during his U of L tenure. His U of L bio as AD uses the word "administrator" a half dozen times. And he obviously can't raise money any better than his predecessor could.

Not quite my ideal AD candidate...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT