ADVERTISEMENT

Damion Lee will average..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost all the finals in any college sport are nationally televised. I watched Florida women's tennis win the national championship (for whatever reason) back in 2012. So i guess according to your standards its also relevant....

But counting women's basketball because 1. Your team made it to the finals and 2. because it was nationally televised, are pretty stupid reasons for saying its relevant, its not, don't be like Zipp and try to make it happen, its not going to happen. (LPT).

:D

Here's the deal. If it is "relevant" to enough of an audience that it is nationally televised, it IS relevant. Nobody is claiming it is relevant to the majority of general sports fans nation wide. But it, and UofL's achievements in those fields, are relevant and respected in those sports. Title games in women's basketball and men's soccer, CWS in men's baseball, and BCS bowls in football are absolutely significant achievements in those sports. If BBN in little ole Kentucky doesn't care because they don't have the same level of success in those sports, that doesn't make them irrelevant. Guess what, success in college cheerleading and women's track & field IS televised and significant in those fields, and to those audiences. Claiming otherwise is just sour grapes. Maybe you should appreciate your school's other success stories, instead of futilely trying to downplay someone else's. And FTR, I guaruntee Matthew Mitchell and Gary Henderson would trade every single win over Louisville for a title game or CWS appearance.

Last edited:
Let

Let's also not forget louisville's orange bowl and rose bowl which is the equivalent of making the sweet sixteen in football but they like to brag about those too even though they are in a weaker football conference.

Orange and Sugar Bowl. Louisville has never played in a Rose Bowl.

You guys can't be serious, right? UofL is 13-8 against UK going back to before the first TV was made. Maybe a breath of fresh air outside "the commonwealth" would do you some good. Football is king. Baseball is America's pasttime, whether I like or not. Soccer is the most popular sport on the planet. This isn't about UK and what UK is good at. It's about national relevance.

1) Football (UofL)
2) Basketball (UK)
3) Baseball (UofL)
4) Soccer (UofL)
5) Women's basketball (UofL)

UK is better at 1 of the top 5 most nationally relevant sports in America. And the one sport they're better at, it's a difference of being the best vs. being the 6th best. No way I'd trade UofL's success as an athletics department to be 5 spots higher on the basketball list. You have your 1 sport. Enjoy it, but don't act like no one else cares about Football, Baseball, and Soccer just because UK has never accomplished anything there.

This was a troll thread from the start. Ironically, his sarcastic OP may turn out to be right.

That's true. It was troll bait from the get go. We tried to turn it in to a discussion of one of our players, but it continued to get high jacked. Time to shut it down.

Reactions: Cue Card
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT