ADVERTISEMENT

Cort Dennison Leaving?

This is a major loss for UofL. He was an ace recruiter and was being underpaid relative to the rest of the staff. Petrino needs to get his stuff together on the defensive side of things.

Well...hopefully we can offer some more cash and keep him in the fold. He's a west coast guy though so the lure may be too strong.

Huge loss. I thought he actually had an outside shot at being named the DC, and I would have been all for it.

Seems very few want to work with/for BP. He has burned up his family tree with hires, hope for a surprise solid DC hire to bring in a good staff but not holding my breath.

Last edited:
I don't think this particular defection has much to do with Bobby or his likabilty. Tough loss but an opportunity to bring in some good hires.

Coaching turnover happens. He's a young, up and coming coach. Moving on is part of the gig. Also, with what we're losing defensively, I can't blame him for catching on at another program.

No problem with this move. CBP gave him 5 good years of coaching jobs, mentorship and Oregon might be paying more money plus he's a West Coaster at heart. Gets to go home, good for him. This does put more pressure on CBP to get a hire than recruit as well as Cort did. I'll withhold judgement until new hires are made.

Cort to Oregon has not been made official. Petrino apparently made a counter offer. He's no longer listed as a coach on gocards.com, but no word from Oregon, either.

Cort to Oregon has not been made official. Petrino apparently made a counter offer. He's no longer listed as a coach on gocards.com, but no word from Oregon, either.
The plot thickens! I am thinking Cort may be weighing a DC offer.

The plot thickens! I am thinking Cort may be weighing a DC offer.

He has signed a two year contract with Oregon. If he is as good as some think, then Petrino should’ve paid Sirmon a lot less and Dennison a lot more. Sirmon’s contract was one of the silliest pieces of paper I’ve ever seen.

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT