ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to RB Damien Harris

To supposedly be a Wildcat fan I'm betting u don't know squat about your own program.

Here's some news for you. When Wills, who is currently a 5 star Olineman from Lexington picks UK next year, they will very likely have a higher ranked Oline then Alabama's championship team this year. And 4 of those players will have had Bama offers. Wills 5 star, Young 5 star, Jackson 4 star, Leavitt 4 star, GAA high 3 star.

That is the line Harris would have run behind as a junior and senior. 3 Army All Americans. We'll see how bad that line will be.

And you obviously don't know squat about your own "program" You goofs are obsessed with star ratings. Your program is 5 Stars of suck

So Harris played at Alabama last year and UK had a offensive line as good as UA? Your O line next year will be bad too. So, I would say Harris made the right choice.

I said his junior and senior years it would be possible UK's line was as highly recruited, according to rivals, as Alabamas is currently. With that, they have the potential to be very good. Clearly not this year or next. Harris was a third string afterthought at Bama this year and will very likely be second string at best next year with a worry of being recruited over on the depth chart a legit reality every year. Interesting to see what happens the next couple years

Good lord, they are rinse and repeat every off

What I said is fact. If Wills commits to UK in 2017 then the likely starting Oline for several years thereafter will be more highly rated than bamas Oline this year. Nothing about that is rinse and repeat. Because that will have never happened before.

Actually, I can;t imagine much of anything less interesting than following UK football for 2 mind-numbing years

You have to love the highly intellectual numbers game played so far over our heads but which seem so obvious to smarter UK fans..........guys who "know college football and stuff".

Last edited:
Actually, I can;t imagine much of anything less interesting than following UK football for 2 mind-numbing years

You have to love the highly intellectual numbers game played so far over our heads but which seem so obvious to smarter UK fans..........guys who "know college football and stuff".

Lol. For someone so uninterested in following UK football you surely post on our site and spend enough time there to cut and paste threads.

Not so sure what's so highly intellectual about the unprecedented rankings of our Olinemen coming in that will rival this year's Bama line.

Lol. For someone so uninterested in following UK football you surely post on our site and spend enough time there to cut and paste threads.

Not so sure what's so highly intellectual about the unprecedented rankings of our Olinemen coming in that will rival this year's Bama line.

Y'all might want to wait and play some games before crowning yourselves. After what has transpired 2 yrs in a row, the level of bravado from you rubes is simply mind boggling. Never has such an historically awful program been so confident.

"Unprecedented" just rolls of your tongue so easily, lol. There is your version of beef.

"Unprecedented" just rolls of your tongue so easily, lol. There is your version of beef.

Landon Young, OT committed to UK, just got his 5th star from Rivals today. First 5 star to UK in Rivals recruiting era. Jedrick Wills, 5 star 2017 OT from Lexington is strongly considering UK(Youngs teammate). Both have Bama offers along with Drake Jackson . Army AA Center.
Slice it how you want, but the level of ranked talent coming to Lexington is most definitely "unprecedented" going back to the late 70s when Kentucky was winning the SEC. Facts are facts

Slice it how you want, but the level of ranked talent coming to Lexington is most definitely "unprecedented" going back to the late 70s when Kentucky was winning the SEC. Facts are facts

And when they were blatantly cheating. Hmmm....facts are indeed facts. Except those teams at least backed it up on the field. I gotta ask: have you watched your team the last 2 seasons? Or do you only follow the "sport" of recruiting?

Also, had Young not "received a 5th star" and remained a 4 star would tjat have made him a lesser player? If you can play, you can play. If you can't, you can't. Star ratings be damned. You goofs are hung up on this crap

Lamar Jackson was a 3 star. 4 time all conference safety Hassan Smith was a 2 star. The 2004 recruiting class was rated 56th coming in, and rated #9 going out, an untold (15?) number graduating tot he NFL.

You guys keep roping in those stars. We'll stick with talent observers.

At some point they may be competitive.

It's sports, I won't rule anything out.

They figure to suck again next year though. And they've sucked for a handful of years in a row. They've also sucked for a handful of decades in a row too.

I'm not going to fast forward my life a couple years and try to imagine what type of O-line UK will have at that time, and other UofL fans shouldn't bother to do that either- leave that "hope" to the UK fans, that's what they do.

There's too many things that can "go wrong" or just "change" between 1/18/2016 and 1/18/2018, it's a pointless exercise to be guessing about distant futures, but again, if you're a UK fan do you want to look two years ahead or look back at the last two years where the rival shut UK out of a bowl, or the excessive losing in general.

"Don't look back. Never look back."

I'm sure UK fan wants to do that, fast forward, leave the past way behind, as well as the right now...because living in the "now" or "past" absolutely sucks for UK fan.

Not going to do it with you UK fan. Your program sucks until proven otherwise. Spin it anyway you want, it's a bottom line business.

Dude already has a title ring and title experience. He's very close to being next man up for our era's top program in the country. He made the right decision choosing Alabama. This is a laughable debate going on in here, but I'd expect nothing less.

Last edited:
And when they were blatantly cheating. Hmmm....facts are indeed facts. Except those teams at least backed it up on the field. I gotta ask: have you watched your team the last 2 seasons? Or do you only follow the "sport" of recruiting?

Also, had Young not "received a 5th star" and remained a 4 star would tjat have made him a lesser player? If you can play, you can play. If you can't, you can't. Star ratings be damned. You goofs are hung up on this crap

to answer your question, I have absolutely watched Kentucky the last two years. and I would doubtedly see a team with more talent across the board but that talent is young. they also have some serious flaws like quarterback for instance and the majority of the time the conference team they've been playing is significantly more talented as well as UL. football just isn't like basketball, it takes many years to build a program when you're playing in a top conference.

and whether Young was a 4 star or a five star player doesn't make him any more or less talented. but it does validate his talent by competing against the best players in the country and being deemed the best offensive lineman at the Army All American game.it also doesn't hurt recruiting going foreward to have that type of player commit.

Harris made the best choice for him. my point was that it's not beyond the realm of possibility that UK's line could be as highly ranked as Alabama's before he graduates. probably not likely but possible, and that speaks volumes around the increase in talent Stoops is bringing in.

Something can't be a fact and a if at the same time.

Love how you project future talent but can't learn from your recent past. UK has had highly ranked position units in the past wash out early and never pan out. I recall more than a couple of washed out 4star QB's. You have extended the usual next year UK over-hype well in to the future. Awesome.

It must feel great to not contribute anything to your team as it marches forward.

Uhh actually he got carries in 9 games this season as a true freshman at Bama behind arguably the best RB in their history..And Henry just declared for the NFL draft.

He's probably thinking he made a great choice.

Drops mic..

to answer your question, I have absolutely watched Kentucky the last two years. and I would doubtedly see a team with more talent across the board but that talent is young. they also have some serious flaws like quarterback for instance and the majority of the time the conference team they've been playing is significantly more talented as well as UL. football just isn't like basketball, it takes many years to build a program when you're playing in a top conference.

and whether Young was a 4 star or a five star player doesn't make him any more or less talented. but it does validate his talent by competing against the best players in the country and being deemed the best offensive lineman at the Army All American game.it also doesn't hurt recruiting going foreward to have that type of player commit.

Harris made the best choice for him. my point was that it's not beyond the realm of possibility that UK's line could be as highly ranked as Alabama's before he graduates. probably not likely but possible, and that speaks volumes around the increase in talent Stoops is bringing in.

Tennessee had young "talent" too. (It's debatable whether your "talent" is all that "talented", but I digress). Combined score: 102-37. How do you explain that? Since Tennessee should have the "young talent" excuse built in as well. Wouldn't have anything to so with either said "talent" being overrated or the Coach of all that "young talent" being severely in over his head would it? Too, you do know that this is still about the 12th or 13th most "talented" team in the SEC. So in sum: the "talent" is either extremely overstated by you loons or the coaches blow. What's your guess? I know....I know you finally have your savior in Eddie Gran and some QB coach but the rest of us are gonna take a more wait and see approach if that's ok with you. You know.....before we start crowning you guys. After the debacles of the last 2 seasons I'd have thought you clowns would have waited a while longer before the bigger, faster stronger hype began.

The kicker of this whole thread is we have the better coach, and not only do Kentucky fans think that they're dominating the recruiting rankings, do they realize that our overall star rating is higher than theirs?

Reactions: Senore2006
We'll just enjoy what is coming up in our future this coming season instead of digging like mad hamsters for the slightest sliver of sunlight during this Long Night for UK football. It's different having a wonderful present as opposed to relishing the past, as some teams do, or in kindling hope - any hope at all - for a speculative future, as UK fans do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT