ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Dave Ragone!

He is the Offensive Coordinator for the Atlanta Falcons this year.

Dave has quietly risen through the coaching ranks. Best of luck to him, he will always be one of the toughest Louisville Cardinals to ever play here in my opinion.
Wasn't Dave a positions coach with Atlanta and last year was his 1st year at the Falcons?

Wasn't Dave a positions coach with Atlanta and last year was his 1st year at the Falcons?
According to what I read, prior to this year, Dave had been a QB Coach for the last 5 years with the Chicago Bears.

It looks like Falcons new Head Coach Arthur Smith made Dave his Offensive Coordinator in Atlanta after working together on the same Tennessee Titans staff back about 2011-2013.

This is his first year with the Falcons, and the first time being an OC. He was previously on the Bears staff for 4 years, and with the Titans before that. He's got 10 years of NFL coaching experience. I don't think ATL is expected to do much this year, so if he can coordinate an explosive offense even in defeat, he'll soon be in line for a HC gig.

His destiny lies in the NFL.
Yeah I think he will be there for at least a decade or even two. But I do know this job will become available a few times while he's in his prime to the end of his run and it could suit him.

Does he live in Louisville?

Dave did not have much to work with there...
He absolutely did not and was coaching under some of the most predictable and boring play calling from the OC. I’m sure the Head Coach (Nagy) had a hand in that too.

Should be fun watching Dave as OC this year. Hopefully he will be calling plays but that’s not always the case in the NFL. Example: HC Kevin Stefanski of my Browns calls plays and not his OC Alex Van Pelt.

It’s still a great opportunity for Ragone either way.

There's another Louisville alum getting his first shot at being an NFL Coordinator --- and coincidentally comes from Dave's high school, St. Ignatius in Cleveland. And that is Jon Gannon, the new DC for the Philadelphia Eagles.

Best of luck to both these guys this coming year. Challenging spots for both of them.

Reactions: PHCARD and gocds
Falcons scored only three points in their first preseason game, lowest of any team. Granted it is a preseason game but I’m sure he’s not happy with only scoring three points

Reactions: PHCARD
Falcons scored only three points in their first preseason game, lowest of any team. Granted it is a preseason game but I’m sure he’s not happy with only scoring three points
How does their roster look this year? They traded Julio Jones right? It feels like they are in rebuild mode but I don't follow it too closely.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT