ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Coach Satterfield

jalovell23

2000+
Jul 8, 2007
Boone County
It seems that Coach Satterfield left a very good quality team at Appalachian St. It was his team that he recruited and built up. That current team is now 8-1 with wins over.... North Carolina and South Carolina with an average of 36 points per game. Looking forward to see how he builds up the UofL football team in a couple years.

It seems that Coach Satterfield left a very good quality team at Appalachian St. It was his team that he recruited and built up. That current team is now 8-1 with wins over.... North Carolina and South Carolina with an average of 36 points per game. Looking forward to see how he builds up the UofL football team in a couple years.

I believe we’ll be very happy and satisfied in a couple of years.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

So did K-rag at Tulsa. I said it before that cuts both ways...

Who hired Krags? Can’t recall.

Yep, it sure does cut both ways. From your post zipp, it appears that you have “doubts” as to the potential success from CSS. When you make a comparison between the two and their first season here there is really no comparison. Both made serious changes within the team but one coach was accepted and the other rejected. Guess which coach had acceptance from his players and obvious success versus a much tougher schedule.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Scott Satterfield: 51-24 (68% winning percentage) at App State, with 3 consecutive Sun Belt conference championships and 3-0 in Bowl games. Only losing season was his first year, when he went 4-8 during App State’s transition year to the FBS level.

Steve Kragthorpe: 29-22 (57% winning percentage) at Tulsa, with 1 CUSA championship and 1-2 in Bowl games. During his 4 year tenure, Tulsa spent 2 years in the WAC and 2 in CUSA.

Lmao. This made my day. I gotta ask. Do you think today, we are a better team than last year. Is UL doing better overall than last year? In your opinion, of course.

He built that program up with two star and a handful of three star players. I'd say he has an eye for talent and the ability to coach the players up. I don't know what happened Saturday in Miami. Perhaps a much needed swift kick to the rear? But, I have all the confidence the team rebounds. All I want is six wins and bowl eligibility.

Scott Satterfield: 51-24 (68% winning percentage) at App State, with 3 consecutive Sun Belt conference championships and 3-0 in Bowl games. Only losing season was his first year, when he went 4-8 during App State’s transition year to the FBS level.

Steve Kragthorpe: 29-22 (57% winning percentage) at Tulsa, with 1 CUSA championship and 1-2 in Bowl games. During his 4 year tenure, Tulsa spent 2 years in the WAC and 2 in CUSA.

Damn....those pesky little facts. Good find.

Who hired Krags? Can’t recall.
Wasn't this guy...

saint-vince.jpg

Yep, it sure does cut both ways. From your post zipp, it appears that you have “doubts” as to the potential success from CSS. When you make a comparison between the two and their first season here there is really no comparison. Both made serious changes within the team but one coach was accepted and the other rejected. Guess which coach had acceptance from his players and obvious success versus a much tougher schedule...
I don't have unreasonable doubts. The guy's not even thru his first season which is pretty good so far. Let's allow him to finish his last three games, shall we?...

And both programs kept rolling immediately after they left. That was the crux of the analysis in the OP, not their records prior to U of L.

BTW, K-rag was widely regarded as a good hire when he came here in 2007. Some people forget...

Lmao. This made my day. I gotta ask. Do you think today, we are a better team than last year. Is UL doing better overall than last year? In your opinion, of course.
I think that's pretty obvious. What makes me LMAO is you/that requiring my validation...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT