ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats NECNHeel...

It's like the president of the US, anything and everything that happens at U of L, whether we agree or not falls under the responsibility of the President. If he starts saying that's the AD's responsibility or CRP's that only demonstrates to the NCAA, there is a lack of institutional control at U of L and while we may WANT Ramsey to say as you put it, fall on the sword, this is clearly an athletics issue not an academic one. Putting the blame on someone else does nothing for the NCAA.
Then, why did Jurich take all of the responsibility for the decision about Clint Hurtt and the NCAA show-cause ruling. I don't even recall Ramsey in the picture then.

Link

"Elite program", my a$$...

Cue, the only issue with your POV is I'm not at all sure that Jurich was behind the ban. I'm 100% a Jurich supporter, and if I truly thought that this was his invention, I'd agree with you. But if you believe what people were saying on February 5th--and not Pitino a day later--this was Doc's decision. Supposedly, Jurich was part of the investigation and like Pitino not privy to what Ramsey and Smrt were. Only when the lynch mob was forming did this become Jurich's decision. And if you try to read people at that presser, Jurich who's the one guy we want to hear from the most, said the least.

I believe this was in fact Ramsey's and Smrt's decision, and both players in that capacity bother me quite a bit. I'm not one of the Doc haters out there. But his track record in making athletic department decisions of this magnitude is limited. Jurich is the man. And I reflect back on how he handled the Clint Hurtt show-cause ruling by the NCAA to guide me on how he handles tough decisions. In the near future, we'll know one way or the other whether Ramsey just dragged us all onto that sword.

Ultimately it had to be Ramsey's decision. He's the University President. With that stated, I can't fathom him not asking for and receiving advice from who I consider to be the best athletic director on planet earth. If Jurich strongly disagreed with the decision Ramsey made, I suspect he would have resigned. It's not like he would have been unemployed for long.

Ultimately it had to be Ramsey's decision. He's the University President. With that stated, I can't fathom him not asking for and receiving advice from who I consider to be the best athletic director on planet earth. If Jurich strongly disagreed with the decision Ramsey made, I suspect he would have resigned. It's not like he would have been unemployed for long.
Maybe you're right. But I don't think Jurich is/was willing to throw away twenty years and counting of his legacy here and maybe his son's career over a petty who's-in-charge issue that is largely behind us. We had egg on our face anyway, and Jurich is a bigger man than that.

Ramsey was way too it-was-me at that presser to not be heaping most of the thanks/responsibility/blame (wherever you are on that spectrum) on him. Sure Jurich didn't walk into the presser not knowing what was coming down. But unlike the Hurtt thing in which he was the man out front, he took mostly the role of spectator on that fateful Friday. The next day he was suddenly the brains behind it. I'm not believing that just because Pitino said it. And as I reminded the LPT guy above your post, Ramsey to this day has never said it was anyone's decision but his.

Maybe you're right. But I don't think Jurich is/was willing to throw away twenty years and counting of his legacy here and maybe his son's career over a petty who's-in-charge issue that is largely behind us. We had egg on our face anyway, and Jurich is a bigger man than that.

Ramsey was way too it-was-me at that presser to not be heaping most of the thanks/responsibility/blame (wherever you are on that spectrum) on him. Sure Jurich didn't walk into the presser not knowing what was coming down. But unlike the Hurtt thing in which he was the man out front, he took mostly the role of spectator on that fateful Friday. The next day he was suddenly the brains behind it. I'm not believing that just because Pitino said it. And as I reminded the LPT guy above your post, Ramsey to this day has never said it was anyone's decision but his.

The LPT guy above Cue's post is your post... I always knew you were a closet slapdick, hating on the Yum Center and thinking the Cards can't beat the Cats because it's some SB. You think you are clever...

The LPT guy above Cue's post is your post... I always knew you were a closet slapdick, hating on the Yum Center and thinking the Cards can't beat the Cats because it's some SB. You think you are clever...
:D

I've been called a lotta things but never an LPT fan. Maybe you need to apprise slapd!ck nation that I'm one of them! Let me know their reaction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT