ADVERTISEMENT

Comical TD ruling on the UVA final drive that was overturned

Ipartiedwithhopgood

Five-Star Poster
Jan 20, 2011
I have seen some bad calls especially during UofL football games. Nothing will ever top the "Fair Catch" @ UCONN years ago.

But on the final drive when the UVA player was down on the 2 yard line and a ref initially ruled it a TD I literally laughed out loud. I mean I guess you could MAYBE say the player was stretching but I dunno friends.

I know replay "fixed" that one, but it did allow UVA to discuss their next play instead of being in a little bit of a hurry.

I will also add when refs make calls that are THAT BAD, it is fair to wonder if something bigger than what's actually going on between the lines is happening prior to these games starting. I know I know, the Conspiracy Theory Police will be all over this one.

But that TD "call on the field" was embarrassing at best.

The pass interference call was my personal favorite. He didn’t even touch the guy. Unbelievable. At least Satt went nuts on the Ref over that call.

We'd been better off if they hadn't overturned it, probably could've ran another offensive play before we tried the field goal. Another 10 yards would've been huge.

I get what you're saying though refs were bad in this game and Wake game as well. Probably enough to change the outcome of both games.

Reactions: Deeva
There’s no conspiracy. These guys are just incompetent. The pass interference call couldn’t be reviewed. The TD call could. What really burned me about the interference call was the fact that there was a ref right on top of the play who didn’t throw a flag. Instead some bozo on the other sideline at least 20 yards away throws the flag. Then the code takes over and the ref who saw the play and didn’t throw his flag failed to go to the other ref or the crew chief and get bozo to pick up his flag.

Reactions: PHCARD
There were several calls that were obviously bad but the one that got me pissed was the catch ruled as a fumble. The hit that caused the fumble was targeting and was not called. He hit the player with the crown of his helmet on the side of his helmet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT