ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches Question

racehorseowner

New Poster, Show Me Love
Mar 23, 2015
The new coaches talk like they know what they are doing and have a plan to turn the program around. My main concern is that almost none of them have Power 5 experience. Whether than can evaluate and recruit talent is a question mark. Also, who is the main recruiter and what states will he concentrate on?

The new coaches talk like they know what they are doing and have a plan to turn the program around. My main concern is that almost none of them have Power 5 experience. Whether than can evaluate and recruit talent is a question mark. Also, who is the main recruiter and what states will he concentrate on?

There's plenty of P5 experience. Ledford, B. Brown, S. Brown all have coached at a P5 school.

There must be a lot of bad recruiters in P5 if you start looking at records.

For every Bama, Clemson, Ok, and ND there are three Tenn, Arky, Ole Miss, UCLA, Colorado, Oregon St, Illinois, Rutgers, Indiana, and on and on.

There's more to recruiting than names.

We had a Heisman and a near FF year and it did nothing for our recruiting.

I'll wager right now this staff will recruit better than "All in the Family" did.

FWIW he's said they zero in on GA, AL, and FL. And everybody in the Carolinas know him. There were 25-30 FL/GA kids at Appy.

On the Clemson/Notre Dame playoff telecast, an announcer said that Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables is paid $2.7 million annually. That is more than most college head coaches and more than most NFL coordinators. And it is more than almost all colleges should and can pay an assistant coach. So-called amateur sports like football and basketball for student athletes are really professional enterprises at the Power 5 level. College basketball has been ruined by the one and done fraud of a top-notch player enrolling in September and leaving in March after 1 1/2 semesters. College football is better but is heading for major problems when a $2.7 million salary is paid to a coordinator.

Reactions: bandfan1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT