ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson

Bardman

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Nice start. Well, until we strike out and get caught stealing. Nice weather. Small crowd.

Cost ourselves a run with the dumb baserunning. With one out, the runner on 3rd scores while Humphrey beats out the double play attempt at first.

Why try that steal against an elite catcher? Just frustrating.

Reactions: earsky
And leaving men on.......
Basically 5 LOB now. Just not good. Then terrible defense. Sea Bass stands and watches; then, Klein throws the ball into right field.
Regarding the steal and SO situation. Thing is - they should have bunted Zion. And why do we have our Left Handed batting catcher playing when Napleton is a righty with Clemson’s starter being left handed. Shit like this makes no sense.

We should have guys in the pen. And of course, we do not. They are measuring Sea Bass up and starting to get on his pitches. So, our coaches will wait until he is getting clobbered before getting guys warmed up.

Just now, finally, guys jogged down to the pen. Ridiculous.

What the hell are our coaches doing? I would have been yelling at Klein No, No, No do not throw that ball to second. What a friggin bonehead play. If he comes back out to catch I may leave. Two very bad errors in this game - he needs to sit.

I will say that I'm puzzled by how out of sorts mentally we are on defense. Really mind blowing

Reactions: Bardman
They've only hit two balls hard off Gongora.
Seven hits and 5 of them Texas leaguers

Reactions: Bardman
Took CDM two straight walks to pull Sea Bass. Why? Would love to see Forbes really get back for us . It would be a big boost to the staff.

Reactions: earsky
Took CDM two straight walks to pull Sea Bass. Why? Would love to see Forbes really get back for us . It would be a big boost to the staff.

Old school I know, but I’m sure he was trying to give him 5 innings to allow him to get the statistical W….

Old school I know, but I’m sure he was trying to give him 5 innings to allow him to get the statistical W….
IF that IS the reason it is complete horseshit. This team shoots itself in the feet way too much. Walks, HBPs, throwing errors, bad running (Issac just got thrown out), loosing focus after getting ahead in games. Makes me ill.

Reactions: TPACardsFan
Snider/snyder whatever freakin SUCKs. My grandmother could do better coaching 3B than him. Did I mention he SUCKs.

• Wow
Reactions: Mayoman
2 base running errors in tight game in must win game. smh..............

Folks - I think I am done with the squad. Moreso with the coaching. No focus or intensity when they have a lead. It is pathetic. The pitching is mediocre. Maybe if you don’t have to bring in your closer in the 8th inning maybe he has enough to close things out in the 9th. Williams needs to go - I am 100% in that camp and he can take Snyder with him. It sickens me to see such poor execution and poor strategy and lack of player development.

Need to clean house and hire an up and coming SEC assistant that knows how to use the portal. McDonnell just wants to cry about everything.

Reactions: TPACardsFan
I just can't wrap my head around the consistent base running errors. Simply an incredibly weak team when it comes to baseball fundamentals.

This pitching staff is horrible. No chance. Against good teams they get absolutely torched. It is ridiculous how bad they are. It is all about not being able to throw strikes.

That was just brilliant baseball running.

There has to be staff changes.

After running arguably 4 of our 5 best pitchers out there tonight and coming from ahead to lose, that definitely doesn’t bode well for the rest of this series. Yikes!.

Time to refocus to 2025. That was a hard loss. Hard. Hard, hard. Very not good. Gut punch.

I am still trying to wrap my head around a pitching staff that has given up over 12 runs a game in the last 3 ACC series.

12 runs a freaking game. That is Petrino-Payne level defense. Someone has to get fired.

To lead 11-4 after five innings, and never score again??!!! And, to allow 6 runs in the last four innings!!! Terrible base running errors, terrible fielding errors, and worst than that terrible pitching as well as poor relief management ruins the players, fans, ....

This was all apparent after the first week of the season. McDonnell just doesn't have the arms and without them, he's a below average manager.

I was listening to the game in the 5th inning and turned it off because I had other plans and just now checked back in to see the final score and although I haven't seen it, from the comments here it seems we lost ? If so that's beyond pathetic..!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT